Sea Gull

22 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 7:55 pm

Ziggyramone, you just posted the soundtrack for my life when I was 19-20. Nice choices.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 10:10 pm

Surprisingly I really appreciated the Sex Gang Children. A bit derivative but beautifully arranged/mixed.
I'm instituting a must-embed rule here. We need substantial bumps. I'm not of any mindset to let this thread die.

And now more Crystal Castles because Alice Glass retired. Probably quite a good decision for her health, but it sucks for the rest of us. I know a girl who I can't bring these news to, or she'd never speak to me again.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm

Maybe it's the YouTube compression or my desk speakers but this master sounds really good. Boom-bap darkwave, if you will... :heart:

The track I was looking for from this next band seems to have evaporated off the surface of the entire internet. I guess it was just too cool, so I'll let this gem calm us all down a bit.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:10 pm

Okay I can't believe I forgot this one four pages in. I can only stand so much calm. Probably offensive to those of weak complexion. Woo woo woo wooo WAAAAAA...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:31 pm

Click this.

This is a track my friend produced in the aftermath of a very tough time around these parts. Said tough time is not really over yet, so it's all the more pertinent.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:41 pm

cberg wrote:
Okay I can't believe I forgot this one four pages in. I can only stand so much calm. Probably offensive to those of weak complexion. Woo woo woo wooo WAAAAAA...

One of my favorite SOAD tracks. :D I used to blare this one on repeat all the time. Apparently the chorus mocks a KKK chant...

Bumping with one of my all-time favorite Ministry songs:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:48 pm

NVM. Thank you for adding content. Here's something I can't define as your compensation.

bungleton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2015, 1:17 am

886 wrote:

This is about as weird as it gets.. I'm curious to know what drugs he was on when he wrote this masterpiece. 8O

It combines opera, theater and death metal, and the lyrics are mostly nonsensical. The rest of the album besides this song follows the format but isn't nearly as.. what's the best adjective.. I don't know, it's not nearly as in your face as this song.

Dude, that's sober Devy 8O
He allegedly gave up taking drugs in 2008 or so when his first kid was born; the Devin Townsend Project albums were supposedly written drug-free. I find it hard to believe myself, but perhaps it's a bit reductive of his abilities to presume that drugs are needed to write music of such a high caliber. That guy has become my hero in so many ways, as much for his music as his openness in regards to his mental health and drug abuse issues.

Mad props to the person who posted Rubber Johnny :D I haven't checked the full thread because my laptop has slowed to a crawl, which is concerning... But nevertheless, here's some of the bestest weirdest music I've ever heard.

Everyone's watching!
So here... Are my hopes and aspirations
Nothing but puke
God, I'm so loooooonelaaaaaaayyyy
*power stance, air guitar*

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:21 am

bungleton wrote:
...but perhaps it's a bit reductive of his abilities to presume that drugs are needed to write music of such a high caliber.

Absolutely agree. Typically whenever I hear people ask "man, what kind of drugs were they on when they made THIS?", it's from people who've apparently never done any kind of drug nor had a creative thought in their entire lives.

And good choice on the Mr. Bungle, one of my all-time favorite bands; though, their self-titled debut will always be my personal favorite of theirs.

bungleton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2015, 1:31 am

Skibz888 wrote:
bungleton wrote:
...but perhaps it's a bit reductive of his abilities to presume that drugs are needed to write music of such a high caliber.

Absolutely agree. Typically whenever I hear people ask "man, what kind of drugs were they on when they made THIS?", it's from people who've apparently never done any kind of drug nor had a creative thought in their entire lives.

And good choice on the Mr. Bungle, one of my all-time favorite bands; though, their self-titled debut will always be my personal favorite of theirs.

Their self-titled album changed my life, quite literally. Disco Volante gets a bit weird even for me, but their debut is solid gold. www.bunglefever.net (I think) used to host all their demo tapes, featuring a lot of tracks from the self-titled album in all their sketchy cassette-dubbed glory.

I think Townsend's newer work is the product of a mind that goes way too quickly for its' own good, unencumbered by the substances he used to slow it down with. So awesome, so inspirational.

Everyone's watching!
So here... Are my hopes and aspirations
Nothing but puke
God, I'm so loooooonelaaaaaaayyyy
*power stance, air guitar*

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:44 am

Raleigh wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

Is it weird that this kinda turns me on? 8O

Wish I could say yes 8O

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:53 am

I always thought this weird when I grew up but I loved it :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:53 am

LIVE THREAD LIVE! I want to paint the whole world ZEF...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 2:05 am

I sincerely hope I'm not the only shpongley one here...