Are there any composers here? (Music)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

fancy.francy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2016, 11:03 pm

Hello! Just wondering if anyone here composes music, and if so, if you'd like to share it with us. :)

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 10:04 am

Me... Tho I shut down my previous project and am creating a new one. Not sure what to call it yet. I took it down because it was back when I was just learning a lot of things and to me, now, it just sounds...bleh, tho everyone that hears it likes it...but still. I don't. My roadblock is not being able to create things spontaneously. I don't have any hardware like samplers to really work with so I have to manually piece together everything individually in to a DAW, which kind of kills it for me. I really want to write music that seems degraded (similar to methods used by Boards of Canada) and to have a very distant uneasy sound. I don't know how else to describe it... I love using synths to create atmospheric sounds, but my strength is with the guitar and I'm trying to find new ways of playing/processing it so that it doesn't actually sound like a guitar. I don't want the music to be too synthetic like everything else produced these days, but to also feel organic as well. If I had a sampler things would be going pretty darn good right now :\

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Aug 2016, 10:57 am

fancy.francy wrote:
Hello! Just wondering if anyone here composes music, and if so, if you'd like to share it with us. :)

Hey, Im just starting to learn how to compose. Just saying.

Cathie Marie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Aug 2016, 9:46 am

my score on MuseScore

This is one beginning composition:
https://musescore.com/user/9808986/scores/2190686

Here's another: https://musescore.com/user/9808986/scores/2191091

Beginnings as I brush up on music theory. I guess they're OK, I expect immediate perfection of myself too much and have to be willing to take the time to learn step by step like everyone else. Other people like them

Herald sad and trumpet be,
To whose sound chaste wings obey.

But thou shriking harbinger,
Foul precurrer of the fiend,
Augur of the fever's end,
To this troop come thou not near!

Here the anthem doth commence:
Love and constancy is dead;
Phoenix and the turtle fled
In a mutual flame from hence.

So between them love did shine,
That the turtle saw his right
Flaming in the phoenix' sight;
Either was the other's mine.

Threnos (eulogy):
'Beauty, truth, and rarity,
Grace in all simplicity,
Here enclosed in cinders lie.

To the phoenix and the dove,
Co-supremes and stars of love,
As chorus to their tragic scene.

Leaving no posterity:
'Twas not their infirmity,
It was married chastity.

Truth may seem, but cannot be:
Beauty brag, but 'tis not she;
Truth and beauty buried be'

-Highlights from my favorite poem by Shakespeare, The Phoenix and the Turtle [dove], thought by some to be about Queen Elizabeth I and Robert Devereux (2nd Earl of Essex). In any case it is allegorically about the death of an ideal love.

ASD, unofficially on online tests: 38 of 50. I don't function well. The huge impact on my life affects me more than "38". "Other" confounds and compounds, as well as expectations from others who can't see it.