Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2015, 10:27 pm

Anyone here getting addicted to reading mangas?

Miffle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Sep 2015, 5:25 am

I've been reading manga for about 15 years now, I particularly like shoujo manga or comedies :)

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 2:44 pm

I have a bunch of manga under my bed that I collected in my teens. Yugioh, Conan, Inuyasha, Dragonball... etc.
Nowadays I don't read manga because it's expensive and takes up space.

Miffle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Sep 2015, 5:49 am

I read it now through an app on my tablet, really easy to get addicted! Is anyone else reading Yugami-kun Ni Wa Tomodachi Ga Inai (Yugami kun doesn't have any friends)? It's amusing, particularly if you are autistic as it's clear the main character is meant to be on the spectrum, it's well drawn and funny. Worth a read :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm

I enjoy manga. Sailor Moon, Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist are my top three.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

Miffle wrote:
I read it now through an app on my tablet, really easy to get addicted! Is anyone else reading Yugami-kun Ni Wa Tomodachi Ga Inai (Yugami kun doesn't have any friends)? It's amusing, particularly if you are autistic as it's clear the main character is meant to be on the spectrum, it's well drawn and funny. Worth a read :)

will check it out..thanks for suggesting :D

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 7:02 pm

I like Manga a lot [part of my bookshelf is even overflowing]. I've got some Inuyasha volumes, but I like Claymore [even though it's as scary as heck] and Clamp manga best. So far I've got Tsubasa Chronicles Vol. 1-3, Chobits Omnibus, RG Veda 1-10, and Gate 7 Vol. 3. All epic and strange and awesome.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Miffle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm

I read cardcaptor Sakura years ago when I was at school and totally loved it. Am I right that tsubasa chronicle is kind of a sequel to it? I'll have to give it a look :)

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 5:20 pm

I am a huge fan of seinen manga. Especially Golgo 13.

Naomi Urasawa's work also impresses me.

I recently got into one manga series titled MPD Psycho. Definitely not for anybody under 18, but it certainly is one of the most consistently entertaining mangas I have encountered in quite some time.

Then there is the whole deal involving my fascination with bara manga, which I won't get into here. :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 8:17 am

Well, Tsubasa Chronicle is sort of like an alternate reality to Cardcaptor Sakura [it's got a mind-screwy plot and involves time travel, so it's also not for the easily frustrated!] The neat thing is that it's also a multi-universe crossover with all of the other Clamp mangas, but the twist is that the crossover characters are alternate versions of themselves [if you think that's complicated, you've seen nothing yet!]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

I just started reading mangas in the beginning of 2014. Unfortunately due to my lack of money lately I wasn't able to get new ones. I have about 120 right now.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 3:07 pm

120 mangas? Gah! Here I thought I had a lot!

Miffle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm

Wow so many! I sold my manga collection years ago and now own none but i still read scans on my tablet all the time

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

Sailor Moon. I'm starting to develop an interest in CardCaptors.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain