Do others here have an unusual taste in music?

Page 1 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:58 pm

I've always preferred dark moody music compared to more upbeat stuff. This is true even when I’m in a good mood. I like a few upbeat songs, but I generally find cheery/silly pop music really annoying.

My favorites are Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Mogwai. Really intense, moody, spacey stuff. I just like to space out and let the music bring certain imagery to mind. While listening I can just stare at the clouds moving by and feel my spine tingling.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:00 pm

I don't like pop music either. I mostly listen to Rammstein, In Flames, Amorphis, Amon Amarth and Katatonia

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:04 pm

Yea, I don't like much metal though. The screaming/yelling gets annoying. I prefer instrumental music.

JYossarian
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2007, 1:23 pm

I listen mainly to video game remixes, the usual classical, and softer progressive metal.

Vocals are generally a big turnoff for me but if the actual music takes precedence over them, I'll usually give the song one listen at least.

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:23 pm

I like swing, especially Sinatra/Deano style. Thought I was an odd duck, as most people my age don't. But I'm finding a lot of younger people dig the Rat Pack. So I'm cool... 8)

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2007, 1:47 pm

I like some 70/80`s rock like AC/DC, The Rasmus and some of those, and i also like Rock/Punk rock like Three doors down and Audioslve.

Grim_Rogue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2007, 1:57 pm

Yeah, AC/DC is good, I'm not a big fan of heavy metal, but I will listen
I like Celtic/Irish music and some oldies such as Beatles
Game remixes are good too
I dislike 99% of rap and pop music, there is some that is Ok but that list is very short

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 2:15 pm

hows the mixture of neofolk (death in june, current 93), military pop (kreuzweg ost, allerseelen, blood axis), some industrial (mz.412, genocide organ), jethro tull, hendrix (along a few other vietnam rock acts), robbie williams and swing for weird? oh, and rammstein. you just cant not like rammstein. :)

and i have a knack for thai music. my muay thai trainer made me addicted...

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 2:19 pm

gekitsu wrote:
oh, and rammstein. you just cant not like rammstein. :)

:D
I love Rammstein

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 5:07 pm

Actually, the one type of upbeat music I can actually enjoy is salsa music. Probably because its mostly in minor key.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 6:06 pm

I like video game music, nothing else.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 6:09 pm

marshall: once one delves into the deeps of downbeat music, downbeat isnt tso downbeat anymore - and there is enough variety to cover all moods.
rammstein for example is more upbeat downbeat, whereas devics (great band, if you dont know it, research it, they! are! great!) is so downbeat downbeat... almost downbeat^2

ExeterChris
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2007, 6:20 pm

It like synthesiser music.
My favourites are Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis.

I like a limited amount of pop music, but I prefer insturmental/synths to singing.

gybe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2007, 6:59 pm

I like tasteful and clever pop music, but hardly any of it is nowadays.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 8:04 pm

I listen to desert rock, progressive rock and metal, alternative rock and metal, city blues, classical, neoclassical, and shred/tech. So yeah, I'd say I have unusual taste in music.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 8:13 pm

I definately have unusual taste--I can't find anyone at my school with that similar taste in music to mine. I listen to a lot of Death-Pop, Industrial Metal, Gothic/Industrial, Gothic Rock (not the Bauhuas style, the Evanescence/Within Temptation style--which I know is borderline pop, but significantly darker and more depressing), Symphonic Metal (think Nightwish, Dimmu Borgir), Alternative Metal, Neo-Classical, Movie Soundtracks, etc. Some of my favorite bands are fairly mainstream but I still can't find too many people who like them--hell, most people I've ever known haven't even known what Industrial WAS. Sooo many people are like, "Oh I like all kinds of music," and then I'm like, "So what about gothic, industrial, metal, or neo-classical?" "Uh...except those."

>.<