Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

FurFoxPine20XX
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2018, 9:32 pm

Is anyone here an artist? If so, how would you describe your style? What influence you? And what's your work method? Also I need help posting pictures on here because I don't know how.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 12:34 am

I presume you mean "artist" as in painter or illustrator. As a writer, I consider myself an artist, but one who paints pictures with words.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 12:50 am

i am an artist by design.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 10:25 am

I used to draw a lot. Not so much in the past few years, but I do love drawing.

FurFoxPine20XX
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2018, 12:21 am

By artist I meant mostly painting and drawing and nice work Kiprobalhato :heart:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 3:24 am

I wouldn't call myself one...however I did take a class a couple years back for charcoal sketching because my grandpa paid for the class thinking it would be something I'd like. And well he's really old and such trying to connect with everyone so I couldn't turn it down. But anyways we did some copies of pictures like charcoal sketching the face in the picture and we also had a live model come in for us to sketch....and well I actually did really well. I've saved my sketches from the class and well not to brag but they are pretty good. So I have kind of considered trying to do more with that...its just odd because I can't sketch things nearly as realistic with regular drawing...but with the charcoal sketching its much easier. I mean maybe part of it is you have to rub around the charcoal chalk to get the right shapes and consistency so really you can kind of shape your sketch with your hands sort of like clay. Basically seems a bit easier to manipulate the charcoal chalk into the right shapes and shades than trying to just draw them with a pencil.

ChefDave
Raven
Raven

17 May 2018, 11:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I presume you mean "artist" as in painter or illustrator. As a writer, I consider myself an artist, but one who paints pictures with words.

Hah! I'm a chef instructor and my canvas is an empty plate that I "paint" with food.

Here is a composed cucumber salad that I taught my students how to produce. This salad combined artistry with a demonstration of knife skills.

In my free time I also write. I've published 6 cookbooks as well as a couple of books about my cats. I also produce soap and candles that look and smell like real food.

Here is one of my early fruit salad candles. One of the lessons I learned from this production was that all future candles needed to have 3 wicks instead of just one. When I lit this wick, it burned through the center of the product. The candle would have burned more evenly and would have consumed all of the wax if I had arranged the wicks in a semi-circle. With this being fun, this was a lot of fun to make. It also smelled great as it burned. The cantaloupe smelled like cantaloupe as did all of the berries.

Here is a slice of pizza soap. The crust smells of freshly baked bread. The Marinara sauce smells of tomatoes and rosemary. I actually found a pepperoni fragrance. Boy was that strong. If I were to have made this soap over, I would have omitted the pepperoni. Who wants to smell like pepperoni after taking a bath or a shower?

I've sold a few of my pieces but given my autism and the fact that I don't care for noisy bustling crowds, I've shied away from attending arts and crafts shows.

Most of the products I make I wind up giving away as gifts. The funny thing is that no one ever uses them as candles or soap. All of my products have wound up on display.

I once made a hoagie sandwich out of soap for a neighbor. The neighbor put it on a plate in the master bathroom. One day after coming home from work his housekeeper confronted him. She wagged a finger in his face and told him that he had left a sandwich in the bathroom for so long that the sandwich had gone stale.

When my neighbor asked what had happened to the sandwich, the housekeeper proudly told him that she had bagged it and thrown it in the dumpster behind the house.

The poor woman was made to go through the trash to find this soap.

Here is one of my fruit tart soaps. The berries all smell like berries. The crust was scented with an apple pie fragrance. I also a vanilla custard aroma for the yellow custard.

This was one of my first hand crafted soaps ... a t-bone steak! Sadly there are no t-bone steak or hamburger fragrances. I used bay rum for the fragrance. I sculpted this using a homemade lye soap and then painted it using different shades of dyed goat's milk soap. Shortly after making this product, I found a BACON fragrance. All subsequent t-bone steak soaps have been made with a mouth watering bacon aroma.

Last edited by ChefDave on 18 May 2018, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChefDave
Raven
Raven

17 May 2018, 11:13 pm

FurFoxPine20XX wrote:
I need help posting pictures on here because I don't know how.

It's easy to include pictures with your post. Open a window to post a reply. Look above the area where you type your message. You'll see a youtube icon in one corner. On the right hand side, next to the "insert URL" icon, you'll see an icon for inserting images.

To insert an image you'll need to have your picture posted somewhere on the internet. My pictures in the preceding post were hosted on Pin Interest. Find a picture you want to post and copy the image address. Click on the "insert image" icon. A window will open and you'll see a line where you may paste the image address. Click on the submit button.

You may preview your post to see the image. You may also click on the submit post button.

I hope this helps.

David

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 11:25 pm

ChefDave wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hah! I'm a chef instructor and my canvas is an empty plate that I "paint" with food.

Here is a composed cucumber salad that I taught my students how to produce. This salad combined artistry with a demonstration of knife skills.

In my free time I also write. I've published 6 cookbooks as well as a couple of books about my cats. I also produce soap and candles that look and smell like real food.

Here is one of my early fruit salad candles. One of the lessons I learned from this production was that all future candles needed to have 3 wicks instead of just one. When I lit this wick, it burned through the center of the product. The candle would have burned more evenly and would have consumed all of the wax if I had arranged the wicks in a semi-circle. With this being fun, this was a lot of fun to make. It also smelled great as it burned. The cantaloupe smelled like cantaloupe as did all of the berries.

Here is a slice of pizza soap. The crust smells of freshly baked bread. The Marinara sauce smells of tomatoes and rosemary. I actually found a pepperoni fragrance. Boy was that strong. If I were to have made this soap over, I would have omitted the pepperoni. Who wants to smell like pepperoni after taking a bath or a shower?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8d/36/c9/8d36 ... 3821d2.jpg

I've sold a few of my pieces but given my autism and the fact that I don't care for noisy bustling crowds, I've shied away from attending arts and crafts shows.

Most of the products I make I wind up giving away as gifts. The funny thing is that no one ever uses them as candles or soap. All of my products have wound up on display.

I once made a hoagie sandwich out of soap for a neighbor. The neighbor put it on a plate in the master bathroom. One day after coming home from work his housekeeper confronted him. She wagged a finger in his face and told him that he had left a sandwich in the bathroom for so long that the sandwich had gone stale.

When my neighbor asked what had happened to the sandwich, the housekeeper proudly told him that she had bagged it and thrown it in the dumpster behind the house.

The poor woman was made to go through the trash to find this soap.

Here is one of my fruit tart soaps. The berries all smell like berries. The crust was scented with an apple pie fragrance. I also a vanilla custard aroma for the yellow custard.

This was one of my first hand crafted soaps ... a t-bone steak! Sadly there are no t-bone steak or hamburger fragrances. I used bay rum for the fragrance. I sculpted this using a homemade lye soap and then painted it using different shades of dyed goat's milk soap. Shortly after making this product, I found a BACON fragrance. All subsequent t-bone steak soaps have been made with a mouth watering bacon aroma.

That's one type of art I've never considered.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 1:00 am

i thought some times about it, but i can not go out and promote and explain myself