Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2016, 3:17 pm

Are there any classical music fans here?

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 5:25 pm

Yes, I really love Benjamin Britten (who did classical and opera, mainly), among others.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 6:53 am

Massive classical music fan- it's all I listen to at home. I love music by half-forgotten composers from the late 19th-early 20th century: Zemlinsky, Malipiero, Bax... I also play the piano (badly) and sometimes attempt to compose.

entsaex_accordingly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2016, 12:48 pm

oh, yes! I went to college for music composition. Although my focus lately has turned to experimental computer music, I still enjoy writing chamber music when I have such an urge. My dad is a classical guitarist so that had a profound influence on my early music exposure.

I'm also quite fascinated with the music of Olivier Messiaen

Incidentally, I think Zemlinksy is great.

Stephen__
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2016, 10:00 am

Arvo Part is pretty great.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 2:54 pm

yes

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 12:29 am

Probably my longest running interest--since I was 13--is mezzo-soprano Cecilia Bartoli. I love opera, when it's sung well, but I also like the art songs of Beethoven, Schumann, Schubert, Debussy, Fauré, and Richard Strauss, to name a few. I am most interested in the subtleties that the human--especially female --voice is capable of. I have been known to listen to the same 10 seconds of a song over and over for up to an hour. Schumann was an obsession for many years, and still is, but not quite as much, I guess. Still my password for WP and most other sites are all nods to his life and composition.

GreenPandaLord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2016, 12:36 am

Paganini and Bach.

fancy.francy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2016, 10:47 pm

I love classical music! My favorite subgenre, though, probably wouldn't fit too well in the category of 'classical' - modern choral and concert band music is my favorite! I do love composers such as Debussy, Holst, and Mahler, though.

Frank Ticheli, John Mackey, Eric Whitacre, and Ola Gjeilo are some of my favorite modern composers; I'd recommend them to everyone. :)

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 8:26 pm

I mainly like Baroque music like Handel and Bach, but I enjoy almost all classical music. I'm also a saxophone player who hates jazz.