Any Trip Hop and other related genre fans? Please Share!

Page 12 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 2:28 pm

Don't think I posted this one yet? Alia Fresco w/ John Convex aka. Kid Drama

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2018, 6:16 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Don't think I posted this one yet? Alia Fresco w/ John Convex aka. Kid Drama

Nope that hasn't been posted here before, it sounds alright I like the voice and instrumentals but the lyrics really aren't doing it for me.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2018, 6:29 am

I had a snowstorm yesterday and I spent most of the day listening to trip hop and drum n bass while watching snow fall and looking at cars drive by it was pretty relaxing even with the thunder :D

Found a new song, not sure what instruments are being used but I love the sound of whatever wind instrument was used for this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 7:57 am

SnailHail wrote:
Nope that hasn't been posted here before, it sounds alright I like the voice and instrumentals but the lyrics really aren't doing it for me.

Yeah, I think it's one of those cases where the lyrics aren't really meant to be admirable as the whole thing's sort of peeling off in the Likke Li direction.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Yeah, I think it's one of those cases where the lyrics aren't really meant to be admirable as the whole thing's sort of peeling off in the Likke Li direction.

I don't know who Lykke Li is so I looked her up. Yeah not my type of music, a lot of songs sound like something made for a movie trailer which is a lot of pop music these days. Her voice can be very grating in some songs. I think this song is alright though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 5:08 pm

Ok, failed analogy then.

What I meant is it's displaying the sort of nihilistic and primal side of the feminine, ie. it'll come off kind of trashy and base in that sense in the way that a guy objectifying women or singing about them as sex objects generally would as well.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2018, 5:02 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Ok, failed analogy then.

What I meant is it's displaying the sort of nihilistic and primal side of the feminine, ie. it'll come off kind of trashy and base in that sense in the way that a guy objectifying women or singing about them as sex objects generally would as well.

Yeah that was the type of feeling I was getting from the songs.

Anyway I just discovered this band called Alpha. They were signed to Massive Attack's own record label Melankolic for their first two albums and Daddy G even contributed to one of their songs. I have no idea how they managed to fly under the radar, their songs are amazing and have a very cinematic/orchestral feel mixed with ambience to them somehow. Their music is a manifestation of a sunset and sunrise in my opinion. It also goes well with snow and cloudy days since it snowed hard again yesterday and I looked out the window again to watch snow fall. Alpha's music just fit the mood so well I had a bit of a euphoric feeling. :D

This is the Alpha song that features Daddy G

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 6:38 am

TY for the Alpha, I'll have to grock more of that at work today.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2018, 3:06 pm

Found this song while listening to some lounge music, I like the upbeat tempo and the singer. I wish she said something other than one line which is mostly the song title.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 9:22 pm

I'm back to giving Sev her due. I've been listening to ISON a bit more again lately, a lot of heart-rending pieces there.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2018, 12:39 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I'm back to giving Sev her due. I've been listening to ISON a bit more again lately, a lot of heart-rending pieces there.

Wow Sevdaliza sounds better than usual to me, I love the build up around the 4 minute mark. I wish the song had more of that and that she would sing over some of it.

Found this downtempo/electronic duo called Bent. They have a somewhat unique style. Their song Swollen features Zoe Johnston from Faithless if that floats your boat.

I've only listened to about 5 songs from them but I'm really digging Magic Love. Its nice to find some upbeat and groovy trip hop/downtempo. The music video is hilarious and a bit gross at the same time.

I'm not sure who the singer is or if it is a sample is but it goes with the song really well. I found this music video amusing too.

This song was used in an ad for Carlsberg Beer

This song was used in an ad for Volkswagen but I can't find it, I really like this one too. The vocals really enhance the ambience.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2018, 9:07 pm

I decided to check out Ghostpoet after seeing him featured in a Massive Attack and he's pretty good. Some people refer to him as a modern Tricky and I think they're mostly right.

I really like Off Peak Dreams its like a mix of dub and trip hop.

I really get some Tricky vibes from this song

He released a new album last year and I'm really digging it.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 11:26 am

it doesn't want to load but you can click on the link

https://soundcloud.com/user-780760589/like-this

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2018, 8:34 pm

domineekee wrote:

Did you make that? It sounds pretty good, I'm getting some DJ Shadow Entroducing vibes from it.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 11:44 am

SnailHail wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Did you make that? It sounds pretty good, I'm getting some DJ Shadow Entroducing vibes from it.

Thanks, glad you like it. I haven't listened to Shadow since 2001, the samples are taken from intro music to a 1890s interview but have all been through very many processes.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 12:07 pm

something with a little more pace

https://soundcloud.com/leb-2/template-sun