Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:39 am

Any Clash fans here? I like all their stuff, especially their early albums.

Pity about Joe Strummer dying so young :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:49 am

I'm a very big fanof The Clash. I like the song, 'Four Horsemen' the best. :)

09 May 2007, 12:03 pm

I like Rockin the Casbah

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 12:34 pm

I'm listening to ~

....Now we get a rude and a reckless
We been seen lookin' cool an' a speckless
We been drinking brew for breakfast
So Rudie can't fail.

:D

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:00 pm

I like The Clash a lot! Train in Vain is my favourite song.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:35 pm

I love the KNow your rights song.....they have a very cool,unique sound,me thinks.

You might also enjoy......Stiff little Fingers,I got hooked on them the same year.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 2:06 pm

Ah yes, Stiff Little Fingers...Suspect Device. :D I liked them.

Do you remember the Members? They were around at that time but I don't think they lasted for very long. They had a song called 'Stand Up and Spit' which made me laugh, and 'Sound of the Suburbs' was another good one of theirs.

Which reminds me...going on a trip down punk memory lane now, lol...anyone remember that song that went something like:-

But it was true, as we went warp factor two
The changes I have been through, as Captain Kirk

and it had the Star Trek theme tune in the background. Brilliant! :lol:

TylerPaul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2007, 4:24 pm

Hellz Ya!! !

Downloaded the entire discography through a torrent. Gawd I luv torrents!!11!! !!11

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 6:29 pm

Politics+humor+energy=good punk.....

We had a local band that I really loved called "the Replacements",especially the first albums...."sorry ma,forgot to take of the trash" was wonderful......Also loved Circle Jerks,"Golden Shower of Hits"......I used t do a "punk rock alphabit" when I was bored.....

Agent Orange
Butt-hole surfers
Clash
Descendents
Effigies

Ok,I'm stuck...Gang of Four came to mind,but my old punks would hunt me down and shoot me if I included them....lol,I dont listen to much of it anymore,have some of the best loaded on my MP3,but it used to be an "obsession"

I dont recall the "Members",but I have probably forgotten more then I remember.Some I will never forget and the smallest phrase will trigger....."mommies little monster" or "Holiday in Cambodia"....good times(and then I got sober 8O )

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 6:54 pm

The Clash is great. :D

the-over-analyzed
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2007, 7:29 pm

I'm a fan.

Clash memory:
When the "cool kids" got together to try to start our little punk rock bands we never skipped a good thrashing out of should I stay or should I go. That was tons of fun.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:35 pm

Another punk rocker :roll: :lol:

some of their music is OK. And I have a lot of respect for musos like Strummer who keep playing and performing after they have commercial success.

However 1970's - 80's saw albums more my style like "Simple Dreams", "Mad Love", "Get Closer" and "What's New" not to mention
461 Ocean Boulevard 8)

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:31 pm

I've been a Clash fan since 1980, when I wa 9. I was too young to catch much of the big 70's punk scene. When I started listening to the Clash I didn't even know they were punk.

I have tons of that old punk and post-punk in my music collection, although I haven't been listening to much of it lately, since I've been focusing a lot of my music interests elsewhere. But my favorites, in addition to the Clash:

Richard Hell and the Voidoids
Ramones
The Testors
Flipper
Wire
Gang of Four
Rites of Spring
Swell Maps
The Minutemen
Theoretical Girls
Mission of Burma
Joy Division
New Model Army
Fugazi

Basically I consider Fugazi the last real punk/post-punk band (or at least, the last good one), and after that them it's all grunge, post-grunge, metal crossover, post-rock and silly pop-punk. As sad as it is to admit it, bands like the Libertines and the Arctic Monkeys are the closest things in a long time to the old spirit of punk.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:05 am

I loved going to Fugazi shows(some of my drinking buds called then funazi because they didnt like violent moshing)but I always respected them because they would only charge $5 a show and have all age shows,so the kids could get in to see them.The bass player was also beautiful.

Doesnt Flipper have a song with some noise that is just like what you hear if you do a whippet?I think it is "hahahahahahaha"

what was the name of the band that had a lead singer that looked exactly like Wallys friend in "leave it to Beaver"????I liked them(alzheimers sucks) :oops:

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:40 am

Oh yes....Richard Hell and the Voidoids..."I belong to the blank generation, and I can take it or leave it each time, ooooh oooh oooh ooooh' Love it! Glad I started this thread now, I'll be singing all day, lol.

I loved Joy Division too.

Krex, how about Generation X for the G in your punk alphabet? :) Were they punky enough? I remember a lot of bands at the time were pretending to be but they weren't really the full punk. And we just knew they were faking, didn't we?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 4:14 am

clash and joe strummer and the mescaleros.....sorry can't really get behind mick with big audio dynamite, though.