Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 7:51 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Thank you !
Okay , so - especially with the semi-monthliness - is generally keeping A/S and X/B on separate tracks ?

Yeah, for the most part. Different titles do reference things happening in other titles, but mostly specific story arcs are contained in specific titles. So, you do not need to read Batman, Detective Comics, and Batman and Robin to keep up with a single story line.

As to the general criticisms about American Comics... There are many other publishers than Marvel and DC. Image, Dark Horse, BOOM!, Dynamite, and others--and they publish more than just superhero titles. Saga, The Sixth Gun, and Many Pulp Revival titles (John Carter, Conan, Doc Savage) are great Indy, non-superhero titles.

BOOM!'s illustrated adaptations of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Dracula are really good too.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 11:50 am

...I just :cry: lost (SOB) a LONG new post here and it got lost JUST before I could post it I am going to post in very short posts now , and I'll say now that it's been 6+is weeks that I've been in hospital or nursing , in bed 22+ hours a day really with no comic books :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 12:46 pm

...I have no comics at all . :(
I'd like to get a few , just to have some current ones , to keep in touch - I could pay for them , that isn't the problem , I have cash that could pay for some and for some Crystal Light/Diet Coke/other fripperies .
Getting to go out alone now is unlikely , as is reasonably getting any staff here to take me -

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 1:31 pm

...I'm in one room , in bed , really 23+ hours a day - some " stuff '' for me - which I would pay for , in advance , from the money that I already have now and give it to you - would be nice 8)
And it would be nice to be visited by someone , of course . :) I am in San Francisco , on one of the main drives . Please ?¡

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 3:12 pm

Wow, that's tough!! ! I know what it is like to be stuck in the hospital too.

I'd be happy to bring you some stuff but I'm a few thousand miles away...

What kind of place are you in? Is it a skilled nursing facility?

They don't give you any physical or occupational therapy?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 5:58 pm

...It's called a nursing center , maybe that's slightly different than " skilled nursing facility " ? I'd been asking for some practicing-my-walking therapy but (long story) they haven't given me any walking therapy this last week though I'd had it here before ! 8O

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 12:29 pm

Any chance you can get out soon?

In the meantime, here's a good youtube channel for current comics...

https://www.youtube.com/user/fluidicbeats

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 1:42 pm

...I don't know :| .
I guess, most of all , I'. trying to have the cutting wounds heal over .That seems to be making some progress .
However , it maybe is beginning to seem that this place is not really very concerned with having me walk again out of a wheelchair :cry: . Perhaps that is streching it , but - last week I asked for walking therapy all through the business week and they wouldn't:t get me any , they did I wasn't ' compliant " and made a thing about something a doctor's sd about staying off my feet - But they had done it the week before last .
You know , aside from some goodies , as I outlined , being nice - Perhaps my having visits would make the nursing place take me more seriously , think of me more as a person worth listening to , a " real ' person , not just another bum :(.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 2:42 pm

^^^ Yes, it is MUCH harder if you don't have people coming to see you. As an alternative, if you can make friends with some of the staff, or your case manager things would probably be better. But, I KNOW that's hard to do.

Have you heard of these guys?
http://littlebrotherssf.org/

They mostly advocate for elderly living at home, but they might be able to hook you up with some help, locally.

Contact Info:

Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly San Francisco Bay Area

909 Hyde Street, Suite 628

San Francisco, CA 94109

Phone: (415) 771-7957

Fax: (415) 817-1356

[email protected]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 4:55 pm

...Well...For one point , I have no case manager here , and for sending one , I don't know the I'm elderly enough .

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2017, 1:49 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I don't know :| .
I guess, most of all , I'. trying to have the cutting wounds heal over .That seems to be making some progress .
However , it maybe is beginning to seem that this place is not really very concerned with having me walk again out of a wheelchair :cry: . Perhaps that is streching it , but - last week I asked for walking therapy all through the business week and they wouldn't:t get me any , they did I wasn't ' compliant " and made a thing about something a doctor's sd about staying off my feet - But they had done it the week before last .
You know , aside from some goodies , as I outlined , being nice - Perhaps my having visits would make the nursing place take me more seriously , think of me more as a person worth listening to , a " real ' person , not just another bum :(.

Okay, let me get this straight - you had therapy for a week and did it every single day with no complaint, but when you asked the following week they said you were noncompliant?

Or did you at some point when they came the week before state that your doctor said to stay off it? Because if you did, even 1 day, you really were noncompliant.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 4:30 pm

...G and O: The week before last I had some therapy of walking , I think one , the week after that I received none , that has continued into this week . Going IIRC all the way back to the earlier hospital where the amputation :cry: took place , there had been a " keep of your right foot ' thing which I think maybe they took beyond where it was needed...

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2017, 5:15 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...G and O: The week before last I had some therapy of walking , I think one , the week after that I received none , that has continued into this week . Going IIRC all the way back to the earlier hospital where the amputation :cry: took place , there had been a " keep of your right foot ' thing which I think maybe they took beyond where it was needed...

I'm confused then. Either you're supposed to get physical therapy or you aren't. Are you asking what the plan is? You're going to have to speak up or you really will be in a wheelchair coming out of there. Is it not healing or ???

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 8:16 pm

... With a combination of being in the bed about 22 hours a day , and receiving various medical stuff , incuding a lot of IV antibiotics , plus this medivac hose-connected to the partial foot :cry: to suck out bad stuff , that area definitely has healed some .
The nursing place tended , it seemed , to stick to a possibly over-literal interpretation of ," keep weight off you right " . I think , even when I indicated I'd walk carefully , they have not delivered therapy
Wednesday business day is over , still no therapy , weighing .
Most days I do go out of my room in the wheelchair to practice and , though I wait till no-one is looking often raise myself out of my wheelchair and with my crutch , walk the few limited steps my teheredness(Sp) to the medivac tied to the chair allows me , thinking I'd at least try to keep my practice as best I could .
However , I do that when the staff doesn't see . I assume they would be against me getting up and walking - at that point .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 8:17 pm

ASS-P wrote:
... With a combination of being in the bed about 22 hours a day , and receiving various medical stuff , incuding a lot of IV antibiotics , plus this medivac hose-connected to the partial foot :cry: to suck out bad stuff , that area definitely has healed some .
The nursing place tended , it seemed , to stick to a possibly over-literal interpretation of ," keep weight off your right " . I think , even when I indicated I'd walk carefully , they have not delivered therapy
Wednesday business day is over , still no therapy , weighing .
Most days I do go out of my room in the wheelchair to practice and , though I wait till no-one is looking often raise myself out of my wheelchair and with my crutch , walk the few limited steps my teheredness(Sp) to the medivac tied to the chair allows me , thinking I'd at least try to keep my practice as best I could .
However , I do that when the staff doesn't see . I assume they would be against me getting up and walking - at that point .

pearlyspencer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2019, 2:43 am

Does anybody like THE CREEPS? It's creepy! Eerie, even :P !