Page 24 of 67 [ 1063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 67  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 11:43 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2018, 9:03 am

Started listening to Goldie his new stuff sounds pretty good as well

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2018, 6:11 pm

SnailHail wrote:

It's a good album, a lot more mixed in terms of styles than a lot of the other ones I'm familiar with.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2018, 7:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

It's a good album, a lot more mixed in terms of styles than a lot of the other ones I'm familiar with.

Yeah when I first heard this song, I was thinking "Is this a different artist with the same name or did Goldie change genres" but then the DnB beat came in and I was rest assured :lol:

I stumbled across this song from DJ Shadow it gives off some DnB vibes, the drum beat is almost fast enough to get the song categorized as DnB

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 11:12 pm

Someone who used to be on WP posted this on a Facebook proxy. Really nice, it's like Tom & Jerry (4Hero) with a reggae and MC'ing breakdown in the middle - totally caught me off guard.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 11:24 pm

SnailHail wrote:

Also on a side note with that:

Goldie's sitting in the police car (classic).

I *thought* this was the Tyler Daley I was thinking it was (ie. Children of Zeus) but I wasn't 100% sure till watching this.

Don't know how you are with hip hop but this is a real beauty IMHO with a ton of cameos from various successful Manchester UK hip hop artists, drum n base producers, and MC's:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 11:30 pm

More vocal drum n bass on that note:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 4:00 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 5:16 pm

Happy New Year!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 4:12 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 7:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 3:05 pm

Goldie interview on London Real (2017). I didn't realize he had a book out - just grabbed it on Amazon. The back half of the interview was probably my favorite portion but it takes logging in to London Real (which you can do through Facebook)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 6:37 pm

Beauty...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 11:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 10:41 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm