Rock Magazines Movie " Ticket To Write "

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 11:35 pm

I saw a film a bit ago titled " Ticket To Write - The Golden Age Of Rock Journalism " or similar. I saw it in PBS - a
longer version is also available from Amazon as a DVD and a download??
It's a film about the magazines about rock'n'roll/rixk music that started cropping up in the mud-Sixties, and what followed from there.
The first " serious " rock mags were published by people who had published
science fiction fanzines. From there, slicker magazines came, most notably Rolling Stone, whose early years are covered, and Creem magazine, which gets a lot if space, as does the Creem-assocuated critic the late Lester Bangs, whom I admire a lot.
In the Seventies, the record business was booming, but there was't much of any place to promote new records urged than the rock magazines, so they were relatively booming, with ads and promos and promotional parties! :P
The film does't really cover the later-years music fanzines. It is ironic that I saw it just as Jan Wenner sold his ownership of Rolling Stone 100%! Times change :wink: ...........

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!