An obsession with GIANTS that enter into my artwork.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Is my giant obsession due to autism or neurotypical fetishism?
Yes, it is due to your autism that you are fixated on giant characters. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, it's a common thing neurotypicals like. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Giants have been around in mythology and stories for years, it's perfectly neurotypical. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Jaredthefox92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Aug 2021, 6:49 pm

So howdy, I'm Jared. I've actually been on this forum a decade ago when I was still in high school. I wanted to talk about a rather odd subject matter that is often portrayed in my art. You see, I'm in the Sonic fandom (and yeah I know there's a lot of aspies in the fandom. Many of them are actually in my Discord server). However, I have a rather weird subject matter in my art. I have a lot of characters who are giants. Either they're able to change size, they get mutated by 1950's sci-fi, or they're mythological creatures. I'm obsessed with really BIG characters, but I have certain size preferences.

Now, I know this is a "common fe***** from what I've been told. But I don't know it it actually correlates with my autism or if it's actually just a thing that neurotypical people are into as well.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 6:54 pm

Who's to say it isn't all of the above?

I mean, I prefer goblin/gnome/halfling sized people to giants, but having a fixation on some sorta fantasy being seems pretty common among folks with ASD.

Fetishizing it sexually is another thing, but to each their own.

People with weird interests have been around as long as people have been around. Maybe those people's contributions to their local folklore lead to those tropes being established ages ago.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jaredthefox92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm

Ah, well it just goes beyond fantasy. I mean I have fantasy ones like Helga and other characters, but I love science fiction and all that stuff. I know my Sonic and Warhammer obsession clearly stems from my aspergers, (there's so many Sonic and Warhammer fans on the spectrum), but as a paraphilia I'm curious if this is neurotypical or just yet another byproduct.

Er, I don't like to sexualize my work. I mean the most I do is it being suggestive and this is usually with villains or "rough" characters. I have a video I can show of my character Scylla Bradanksa who a friend made for me on Youtube.

Scylla has the super power to change size, she got it from her mother.