Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 4:52 am

thewrll wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Positive or intriguing lyrics, I hate it when singers trample on their ex's and make a power show.

But those can be positive too, at least for those who have been mistreated by their exes and want to get over them and the things they've done.

OK, I'll try and separate the two statements, please bear in mind that I'm stating a personal preference.

I find positive and intriguing lyrics in a song uplifting.

When music is used as a weapon against a faceless stranger, I tend to side with the stranger.

When Bob Dylan does it I have my reservations, when new artists break onto the scene with a breakup anthem it gets

my back up.

(this sounds a bit nuts doesn't it? :lol: I process lyrics in shops etc, involuntarily. Sometimes it gets me down)

So you're somehow trying to see the other side of things in the song, especially when you don't like the artist? : D

No I just react badly to music like that and lots of hip hop lyrics too. Music is a real distraction, if it's playing I can't concentrate properly. Sometimes I listen to very simplistic reggae to heal, not because I'm awestruck by the lyrics but because it's all peace and love.

Wonder what reggae you are listening to, most of it is about far more than peace and love.

Old school, roots reggae, the stuff that talks about unity and trust in Jah etc...
It's simplistic but there's nothing in it that upsets me.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 1:25 pm

To use that awesome 1970s-era Rock as a guide:

* Those awesome mellow tunes.

* Those awesome lively tunes.

* Songs with very lively (yet not too loud) in nature.

It's also worth noting those artists who were popular with youth teamed-up with adult-contemporary artists e.g., when Barry Gibb of the BeeGees did a duo with Barbara Streisand in the 'Guilty' recording.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 1:40 pm

repetition, hypnotic-type melodies to help me too relax.

free style or rhythmic rhymth with bit of of African percussion to help me dance.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 1:47 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:

free style or rhythmic rhythm with bit of of African percussion to help me dance.

repetition, hypnotic-type melodies = but not the stuff i hear on heart radio, Taylor swift etc. music with no lyrics/words when i'm trying to relax.

strong rhythms with African percussion to dance, maybe a sub-conscious repent effort from having to listen to taylor swift and repetitive pop on bus radios and peoples cars when i'm walking, from someones near by car.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 1:50 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:

free style or rhythmic rhythm with bit of of African percussion to help me dance.

repetition, hypnotic-type melodies = but not the stuff i hear on heart radio, Taylor swift etc.

so, lyrics with meaning to me. though i believe to myself that either way, i shouldn't translate other artists song lyrics, as i create my own lyrics myself.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 1:56 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:

repetition, hypnotic-type melodies = but not the stuff i hear on heart radio, Taylor swift etc.

so, lyrics with meaning to me. though i believe to myself that either way, i shouldn't translate other artists song lyrics, as i create my own lyrics myself.

so taylor swift and pop music isn't the problem, her and others new pop music just doesn't process with me well at all. there is an article somewhere deep within the interweb claiming that new pop music all use the same noise frequency, the same noise frequency that causing mental illness, which is somewhat believable.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 1:59 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:

so taylor swift and pop music isn't the problem, her and others new pop music just doesn't process with me well at all. there is an article somewhere deep within the interweb claiming that new pop music all use the same noise frequency, the same noise frequency that causing mental illness, which is somewhat believable.

i occasionally have (unwanted) songs looping in my head, most the time, [weirdly], pop songs being played on the radio. i hate it and the song loop does not usually happen with a song i enjoy to listen too.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 2:05 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
lyrics with meaning to me.

i take this back. sometimes i'm willing to listen to 'out of my nature' songs with 'twisted' lyrics with no correlation to me, that can be kind of cool.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 2:16 pm

it'd be cool for me to do a african percussion funk loop rendition album of some radio pop songs. i may do that ( :

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 3:19 pm

I care more about the melody and the music itself.

Probably a good thing since I like a lot of stuff that's in other languages, also it can be hard for me to pick out the lyrics sometimes but if I like a song and have difficulty I will eventually start picking up on the lyrics by listening to it multiple times.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 10:23 pm

complete hypnotic frequency music when needed but not guided meditation with relaxing music telling me what to do with my mind . f*ck that .

the interweb claims that listening to these frequencies have benefits on each of these aspects of the human, which i'm not sure if it's entirely correct but hey ho here we go . . . .

Quote:
Personality

264 fq

Circulation,Sex

586 fq

Adrenals,Thyroid & Parathyroid

492 fq

Kidney

330 fq

Liver

198 fq

Bladder

352 fq

Small Intestine

281.6 fq

Lungs

220 fq

Colon

176 fq

Gall Bladder

330 fq

Pancreas

117.3 fq

Stomach

110 fq

Spleen

492 fq

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 10:57 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
complete hypnotic frequency music when needed but not guided meditation with relaxing music telling me what to do with my mind

"just relax your mind."

"take a deep breathe in, take a deep breathe out."

"dip your head in the water, out the water."

"visualise that your on a beach."

the guided meditation narrator is trying to help but really controlling how a person breathes and how to use their mind is the worst act of evil.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 11:04 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
complete hypnotic frequency music when needed but not guided meditation with relaxing music telling me what to do with my mind

"just relax your mind."

the guided meditation narrator is trying to help but really controlling how a person breathes and how to use their mind is the worst act of evil.

"your feeling really relaxed and really good."

that is truly a load of sh*t mr narrator. truly a load of sh*t.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 11:07 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:

"just relax your mind."

"you may return to this meditation whenever."

so yall can further condition my mind? i've had to meditate a lot to repent what the meditation narrator has insisted i do with my mind. contradictory bullsh*t.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2019, 11:12 pm

jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:
jordanalmokdad wrote:

"just relax your mind."

"you may return to this meditation whenever."

so yall can further condition my mind? i've had to meditate a lot to repent what the meditation narrator has insisted i do with my mind. contradictory bullsh*t.

f*ck. people manipulating my mind without giving me an open option weather if i'd prefer to either be obedient or not obedient to the meditation and acting really nice on the meditation narration. theres nothing nice about mind control. f*ck meditation narrators with their own agenda. worst act of f*ckin evil, directly telling someone how they feel and should think.