Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2019, 10:32 pm

I have been working on a short story of the horror genre. It isn't the type of horror story that some might call modern with all the blood and gore ... but it is of the older style ... perhaps more like the gothic style, but set in the 1980s. I am influenced by the likes of Algernon Blackwood (I love "The Willows") and M. R. James ... and I guess a bit by H. P. Lovecraft (minus the racism).

In terms of how my story would be rated as a motion picture, it would probably be PG. I think it is enjoyable to read while still giving the reader a few shivers. I like to think of my style as more of the classic style.

I'm just dreaming around a bit tonight without worrying about how serious I am about this idea, but wouldn't it be neat if other members here who also liked to write this style of light horror or sci-fi could put together an anthology? I know that anthologies by autistic authors has been done before. I don't know ... just a thought.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 3:25 am

That sounds absolutely great. I'm also a big Lovecraft fan.
We're always happy to celebrate another writer who gets published here on WP. So shoot for the stars. :D