Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2019, 2:45 pm

I wanted to start a diary and it's instead already getting a more story-like structure. Would like to hear your opinions on my writing style.

"Unbothered (Nov 4th 2019)"'
No one can imprison an educated mind. It’s the rule that shaped my current state of mind. A rule of which people seem to have forgotten its existence. A world, mainly shaped by irrational, irrelevant and illogical arguments as if we are all children in a large playground, is slowly but surely losing its once undeniable beauty. Throwing colorful balls at each other and getting the same one thrown right back. Climbing up, sliding down a long slide only to keep climbing up and sliding back down. An infinite loop of the same games being played mindlessly by the children that inhabit the once enchanting planet we currently live on. Though, this giant playground is merely a speck, a tiny little smudge on the canvas that is the universe. A tiny little stain that could be easily wiped out if one would bother to attempt. Perhaps it’s a good thing we’d go by unnoticed or we’d most likely be the most entertaining laughing stock in existence, like a certain popular TV show has so kindly suggested. We’re solely just a group of atoms, going along for the ride, forced to shape ourselves in a world where only one or two shapes will be approved of.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 6:39 am

I hear the birds sing. The world isn’t perfect. We have our problems.

But there remains much beauty.

I agree that we are a “mere speck” in the Universe. Of course we are.

If we’re a laughingstock, just let them laugh. We have our virtues; we should make use of them so we’ll have the last laugh.