Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

paper.alien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2020, 3:11 pm

I mean, I have no friends in the three-dimensional world with whom I can share musical tastes. I'm a music lover and I live in a country where reggaeton reigns wherever you listen to it. Personally I DON'T like that musical genre at all, since its lyrics are usually very sexist and prejudiced. Still, I don't look down on people who listen to that kind of music. I just don't go in tune with them.

So, next I will mention the musical genres I listen to the most and their bands/artists:

Indie rock/pop, post punk, new wave, lo fi hip hop, disco, 80s pop, rock and its variants...

I really love the 80s vibe, starting with the fact that 80s is my main special interest. And indie and alternative music gives me life.

Indie, some post punk, lo fi hip hop, rock:
Radiohead, Crywank, Mitski, Tame Impala, Mac DeMarco, Cuco, Tyler the Creator, Rex orange county, Declan Mckenna, MGMT, Paramore, The Strokes, Blur, Arcade Fire, The 1975, Bon Iver, Clairo, Joji, AURORA, Crystal Castles, Børns, girl in red, Molchat Doma, Human Tetris, Motorama...

Even latino bands and artists cuz I'm latinx:
Luis Miguel, Shakira, Mon Laferte, la hermanastra más fea, distimia agorafóbica, Zoé, Soda Stereo...

Retro vibes:
The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, New Order, Oasis, ELO, Bee Gees, The Beatles, The Runaways, Led Zeppelin, Aretha Franklin, Nirvana, Hole, XTC, Tears For Fears, ABBA, Black Sabbath, Michael Jackson, The Police, Cyndi Lauper, Hall & Oates, The Cranberries, RHCP, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Talking Heads, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Queen, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Blondie, The Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Bauhaus, R.E.M, Madonna...

That was basically a summary of what I usually listen to all the time.

Music for me is usually something practical and wonderful at the same time, I use it in a loop to modulate my mood. Beyond whether I like it or not regardless of its usefulness.

Tw1ggy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2020, 3:16 pm

I like anything and I do mean ANYTHING besides country and rap.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2020, 4:23 am

@paper alien we seem to have very similar taste in music. I also love all the genres you mentioned especially 80s! In fact basically i listen to the artists you mentioned all the time!
Also some korean pop and korean indie and some folk rock. And a bit of metal from time to time.

paper.alien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2020, 2:44 pm

AprilR wrote:
@paper alien we seem to have very similar taste in music. I also love all the genres you mentioned especially 80s! In fact basically i listen to the artists you mentioned all the time!
Also some korean pop and korean indie and some folk rock. And a bit of metal from time to time.

heck yeah that's great.

Sometimes I also listen to metal. Something by Iron Maiden or Rammstein, as some examples

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2020, 7:18 pm

I like a variety of stuff & I go through phases where I listen to a certain type of music a lot for a while & then it changes to something else. What I'm really into rite now is the pop-rock/pop-punk & EMO stuff. Some of major bands include :arrow:

Blink 182
Goo Goo Dolls(especially their early stuff that was more grunge & punk)
Good Charlotte
Green Day
New Found Glory
Panic At The Disco
Rise Against
Simple Plan
Sum 41
The Donnas
The Click Five
The Offspring
The Veronicas

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

HyperGravityWave
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2020, 10:15 pm

I enjoy classical, particularly Bach and Liszt. I also enjoy witty music, like Tom Lerher's stuff.

And the odd Major-General Song parody.

Tarc
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2020, 9:37 pm

I'm also someone that can't find people to talk about music. My taste is pretty restricted, so when I someone suggests me something I like, I get pretty ecstatic, but when I don't like it, I don't really know how to say it without sounding rude/being afraid of disappointing them. I also know most people don't like/think is weird most of the stuff I like, so I just keep it to myself.

But, yeah, I tend to like stuff that is more darker/ethereal sounding, that is bass-heavy and stuff (with some exceptions too)

Musicians/bands I like: Unwoman, Emilie Autumn, Johnny Hollow, Emily Jane White, Alexandra Savior, Vera Sola, Alunah, Fiona Apple, Zola Jesus, Chelsea Wolfe, Ängie, Ayria, Linkin Park, Opeth, Angelspit, Enslaved, The Agonist, Kanga, Amelia Arsenic, Blood Ceremony, and others (yes, it's a mess of genres).

I also really like electro-swing for some reason though, especially Swingrowers, Caravan Palace and Caro Emerald.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 10:10 pm

Ever since it came out I've been listening to Eminems' Music to Be Murdered By, before that Kamikaze (fav songs Little Engine, Twisted, 3 A.M, Lock It Up). M.I.A, Ane Brun, Pink Floyd, The Cliks. I have several playlists - folk, classical, club, hip-hop/rap that I compiled and play end to end. I like musicals, my fav albums are the soundtracks from Amadeus, and Ennio Morricone's Marco Polo. (some) Placebo, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Erykah Badu. Snoop Dogg Changed, Post Malone/Ozzy Take What You Want. A real mixed bag, and if I like something I'm pretty repetitive (years). Most music I could do without, Old Town Road actually makes me angry (no other song does that). In smaller doses I also like old time music - from baroque to bluegrass to blues, some opera.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 9:47 pm

I like grimey s**t, although that's a broad description.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FoxesSchmoxes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2020, 12:44 am

My musical tastes range from soft rock to 80s techno pop, though I prefer soft rock a little more. As a rule of thumb I don't really like tech-y robotic music (like what l wouod hear in pop stations today). I absolutely love deep, thought provoking lyrics. But I also like me some sappy love songs. Or satirical songs. But never anything inappropriate. If there's one thing I cannot stand in music is ugly stuff.

I also really, really love Keith Green. If it's a song by him there's a 99.99 percent chance I'll love it :lol:

"For what profit is a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?" Luke 9:23-26

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 12:58 am

I like metal, but not the kind where you can’t really distinguish much and it’s basically just noise, and sometimes there are sounds that are not good on my ears. I’m a big fan of Tool.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tool+46+and+2[/youtube]

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 9:04 pm

Tarc wrote:
I'm also someone that can't find people to talk about music. My taste is pretty restricted, so when I someone suggests me something I like, I get pretty ecstatic, but when I don't like it, I don't really know how to say it without sounding rude/being afraid of disappointing them. I also know most people don't like/think is weird most of the stuff I like, so I just keep it to myself.

But, yeah, I tend to like stuff that is more darker/ethereal sounding, that is bass-heavy and stuff (with some exceptions too)

Musicians/bands I like: Unwoman, Emilie Autumn, Johnny Hollow, Emily Jane White, Alexandra Savior, Vera Sola, Alunah, Fiona Apple, Zola Jesus, Chelsea Wolfe, Ängie, Ayria, Linkin Park, Opeth, Angelspit, Enslaved, The Agonist, Kanga, Amelia Arsenic, Blood Ceremony, and others (yes, it's a mess of genres).

I also really like electro-swing for some reason though, especially Swingrowers, Caravan Palace and Caro Emerald.

Opeth is my favorite band and I love Chelsea Wolfe too :D
dragonsanddemons wrote:
I like metal, but not the kind where you can’t really distinguish much and it’s basically just noise, and sometimes there are sounds that are not good on my ears. I’m a big fan of Tool.

Tool is my second favorite :D
I like most types of metal, especially stuff that's both melodic and extreme. I also like alternative rock (usually hard rock but also Radiohead), and some of the weirder hip-hop (Death Grips, Aesop Rock, Clipping).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 2:54 am

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 7:56 pm

Rock Alternative:

They Might Be Giants.
30 Seconds To Mars.
The Flaming Lips.
DEVO
The Black Keys.

I'm sure there are many others I can't recall at the moment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 8:01 pm

My tastes are not eclectic at all.

Top 40 music from the 1950s-1970s.

Ragtime.

Early jazz, but not really Dixieland.

Some classical---especially when driving in the country over a mountain.

I get very affected listening to swing-type music. And rural blues.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 8:16 pm

Sure. Paper.alien

I think the music you list is very good quality
perhaps one or two bands i don't recognise but mostly all i do, and like too. Loads of Classic bands, that are extremely popular.

Plus some others, i guess due to age and being from the UK. indie hypbrid from the late 80s / early 90s.
Stone Roses, Charlatans, Happy Mondays etc. To give a few.

Never really listened to reggaeton, although big fan of reggae, especially
roots and rock steady. Bob Marley, Toots and the Maytals, The Heptones, The Skatalites.

The reggae i tend to like is more focused on spiritual struggle and addressing injustice. Roots.

If reggaeton is any thing like dance hall, i can understand why you wouldn't be into it.
I am not into dance hall, or ragga to be honest. but personal choice really.