Artists: what is your favourite medium/media?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 2:43 pm

I'd love to know your favourite media to work with. I prefer oils and drawing, though digital art looks amazing and I want to try it someday.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 3:49 pm

I don't draw much these days but I always loved charcoal, black biro and fineliners - monochrome all the way :D

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 4:15 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I don't draw much these days but I always loved charcoal, black biro and fineliners - monochrome all the way :D

Ooh yes, outlining is great.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 11:18 am

Ink.

/Mats

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 2:55 pm

I like your drawing style.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2021, 3:21 pm

Very kind of you.
The first one is probably a 30 sec sketch and the second is a joke about a song.

/Mats

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2021, 6:03 pm

Acrylic paint, prismacolors, copics markers. I enjoy blending color more than anything!

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 8:07 pm

Light and time. Those are the basic materials for photography.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 11:45 am

Spunge42 wrote:
Acrylic paint, prismacolors, copics markers. I enjoy blending color more than anything!

It is indeed very satisfying.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2021, 11:40 pm

I like acrylic because it dries so fast, and I can layer scores of colors on top of my washes.

I do my sketches in Adobe Photoshop, slicing and dicing images and stitching them into something I can use from ideas in my head.

As sated elsewhere I like to paint female nudes that are fat: society dehumanizes fat people, but fat women in particular :x I also like to paint sci-fi images that look like they are from the 1950's, something you'd see in National Geographic or Colliers Magazine. Lastly, I also do native-California, birds, trees, and flowers :D

DIVAIR

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 11:59 pm

I love watercolour and pen and ink.... but I've also gone through other phases.... I was super into mixed media, woodworking, and collage at different points....

The beauty of digital art is that there is no cleanup afterwards! :lol:

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 12:01 am

DIVAIR wrote:
I like acrylic because it dries so fast, and I can layer scores of colors on top of my washes.

I do my sketches in Adobe Photoshop, slicing and dicing images and stitching them into something I can use from ideas in my head.

As sated elsewhere I like to paint female nudes that are fat: society dehumanizes fat people, but fat women in particular :x I also like to paint sci-fi images that look like they are from the 1950's, something you'd see in National Geographic or Colliers Magazine. Lastly, I also do native-California, birds, trees, and flowers :D

DIVAIR

Where do you source your models?

I'm also super into nudes, but it is hard to find unconventional models...... so I'm always excited to find heavy set or advanced age models!

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2021, 12:16 pm

I use Firefox as my browser, DuckDuckGo as my search engine, and then Ctrl+Shift+P, for a private browser--never use Google, they don't need to know what you're browsing for :? then turn off the safe search.

I do searches for BBW's or SSBBW's: yeah, you see a lot of nasty stuff :roll: but just skip over them. If I find something, I import it into Adobe Photoshop where I can change the images. I usually end up making the bellies, arms, and especially the bottoms bigger 8)

I also do searches for women's hair styles from specific periods say, 1890's or go onto eBay and look for old post cards and photos.

Anyway, that's my method :)

DIVAIR