Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 6:29 am

Basically Power Metal bands, I'm lazy like that about making a list.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 11:04 am

Lexington Deville, you have a great list, especially in the metalcore genre (although I hate that genre name.) I recently got into Shadows Fall and LOVE The Art of Balance!

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 11:45 am

SanityTheorist wrote:
Lexington Deville, you have a great list, especially in the metalcore genre (although I hate that genre name.) I recently got into Shadows Fall and LOVE The Art of Balance!

Cheers, that's the beauty of keeping an open mind :) Art of Balance is SF's best album IMO.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:00 pm

Afar as Shadows Fall go though I started with Somber Eyes to the Sky...production killed that...then Of One Blood...production better but lacks the dynamic range...so I am going to sell it and buy Fear Will Drag You DOwn. It made To Ashes sound incredible. AMazing what a little production can do.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Gravechylde
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

Doom:
Black Sabbath, Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Cirith Ungol, Doomsword, Pentagram, Pale Divine, Iron Man, Pagan Altar, Paul Chain, Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, Solitude Aeturnus, Orodruin, Witchfinder General, While Heaven Wept, The Gates of Slumber, Solstice

Heavy:
Manilla Road, Dio, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Slough Feg, Angel Witch, Heavy Load, Crescent Shield, Crimson Glory, Manowar, Diamond Head, Huntress, Hammers of Misfortune, Judas Priest, Gotham City

Thrash:
Overkill, Heathen, Vio-lence, Dark Angel, Evildead, Exodus, Annihilator, Artillery

Sludge:
Crowbar, Down, Acid Bath, Graves at Sea, Buried at Sea, Yob, Corrosion of Conformity, 3d House of Beef,

Prog:
Blotted Science, Seventh Wonder, Spastic Ink, Psychotic Waltz, Vanden Plas, Circus Maximus

Death:
Bolt Thrower, Atheist, Gorod, Amon Amarth, Noumena, Ex Deo

Folk:
Agalloch, Elderfrost, Heidevolk, Tyr, Manegarm, Mithotyn, Fjoergyn, Thyrfing Kromlek

Power:
Blind Guardian, Edguy, Hammerfall, Bloodbound, Iron Fire, Innerwish, Kamelot

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

No drone such as sunn o))), Boris, sunn 0))) and Boris,merzbow, somewhat the melvins.

KinetiK
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2012, 10:31 pm

Tool is definitely my favorite metal band. Others are Mastodon, Electric Wizard, and Ufomammut.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 11:58 pm

In no particular order of preference or sub-genre:

Amon Amarth, Amorphis, At The Gates, Bathory, Black Label Society, Blood Red Throne, Blood Tsunami, Bloodbath, Carcass, Emperor, Judas Priest, Megadeth, My Dying Bride, Opeth, Pantera, Rotting Christ, Zyklon. I like lots more stuff (both metal and many other genres) but those are some of my favourite metal bands :)