Lucinda Riley's "The Seven Sisters" series

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 4:39 pm

I just started to read the first book of the series, the Maya one and I quite like it so far - even if some things don't seem realistic to me, like: how was Pa Salt, an unmarried, middle aged man (even if a very rich one) allowed to adopt so many children - and adopt them practically almost at one go, to boot? :roll: But in spite of the flaws of this sort, I enjoy the novel so far :) I won the first six books of the series in an online contest (back when the seventh novel wasn't published yet - in Polish, my native tongue, at least) some time ago and now I decided to give it a try :) I am maybe not that fond of everything happening so out of a sudden, either- like the info of Pa Salt's death the book begins with but oh, well, I like the very concept of this series. I even don't look for any spoilers on the net, although this is what I always do when I am reading a book/playing a game/watching a movie etc. :twisted:

Has anyone read the books, too? How do you like them? And which sister is your favorite one?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 3:59 am

A couple of days ago, I finished reading the first novel of the series and there were some references to the main heroine's biological mother being most likely an aspie... but she didn't seem to be one AT ALL 8O :o - more like a psychopath or a person with a histrionic or borderline personality disorder - additionally being a crazy party animal, addicted to drugs and having maaany friends 8O

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 2:47 pm

Now I read the second novel of the series and I noticed something that doesn't sound believable AT ALL - the heroine isn't sure at some point what last name her deceased adoptive father had - whether he shared it with herself and her sisters (also adopted by him) - sorry but it isn't possible not to know your parents' last name :? But I do like the "Seven Sisters" books in spite of all their flaws :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 3:52 pm

I'm still reading the second book of the series and I noticed there is also another aspie in it :D It's a Norwegian man named Willem, who additionally suffers from a bad case of OCD - it's his major problem.