Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JLivingstonSeagull
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2008, 3:26 pm

they've become easily my favorite band ever and seem like they have a real AS attractive thing to them, they are all over the place some times and dont sound even like any style of music ive ever heard.

i reccommend the album "Feels" to anyone who is interested which has my favorite song "purple bottle" on it

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 4:08 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_g5kmvvSk&feature=related[/youtube]

this is the song he's talking about - the video is a weird 'response' thing and not to do with the band.

I am getting to like them more and more, hopefully I can buy some LP's on vinyl soon and appreciate them properly. I'm not always a fan of 'all over the place', (and I'd argue that there's almost no common ground we'd agree on as what people with aspergers tend to like), but I can appreciate that there are good things going on with melodies among all the strange sounds and maybe it's slight obtuseness will make me like it even more eventually...

JLivingstonSeagull
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2008, 4:15 pm

defintately, i didnt so much mean that we would like it cause of AS but rather that the way they make songs - seems like something AS people would create.

the latest one Strawberry Jam is definitely is the most 'normal' album they made

i saw them last year and it was the best show ive ever been to by FAR. its motivated my drawing a lot and its all we listen to at the shop now and i think everyones art is getting better from it!

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 8:02 pm

I quite like them. My favourite of theirs is Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished which makes me think of 90s Flaming Lips gone raw.

Spinetrak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2008, 3:29 am

I like Animal Collective and Panda Bear's 2007 solo album, Person Pitch, is also excellent.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 7:42 am

Person Pitch was my favourite album of last year. I might even favour it over any AC record.

Spinetrak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2008, 9:39 am

Hector wrote:
Person Pitch was my favourite album of last year. I might even favour it over any AC record.

Same here. Anyone who samples Scott Walker is a winner for me.

cbrain
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2008, 5:58 pm

They're definately one of my favourite bands of recent-ish times. Such lovely music.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2008, 6:27 pm

I haven't heard them and I need to correct that. Do you guys like their earlier work as well? From what I've read, they've become more pop and they were more different before.

Spinetrak, you mentioned Scott Walker. Do you have his modern albums Tilt and The Drift? I love them, especially The Drift. It's one of my favorite albums. I haven't even heard any of his early work.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 7:10 pm

They have an interesting sound, didn't care for the video. I was wondering if its an aspie trait to like music with complex sound scape's, I like to listen to groups like Secret Chiefs 3, and Estradasphere, their styles cover several music genres.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Chiefs_3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estradasphere