sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 11:39 am

Yog-Sothoth wrote:
Aright, think about this.
I'm gonna use this song as an example, Sorgens Kammer by Dimmu Borgir:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JOPI8eQ6VM[/youtube]
Dimmu could easily right a song like the pop song in question, but do you think whatever the band that made that pop song could write a song like Sorgens Kammer, let alone perform it as well or sing in Norwegian?
Well I don't want to start another flamewar here, since I seem to do that so easily. I only said that sh** in the first place cause I needed to release some anger, I don't feel like arguing about it anymore, but I am just defending my point right now.

First of all, what makes you so sure that Dimmu Borgir COULD write Music Is My Hot Hot Sex? They don't seem to have quite the same way with a melody. Even if they could, I doubt they could perform it as charmingly as Lovefoxx does - and can they speak Brazilian?

I don't doubt that CSS would find it hard to write a song like Sorgens Kammer, but I shan't hold it against them.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 12:52 pm

this thread needs more bacon

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 1:55 pm

Orly?

I'm addicted to this song:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=T2rlX0rF2oE[/youtube]

Which is even worse, too many other people...I think.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 5:24 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
Yog-Sothoth wrote:
Aright, think about this.
I'm gonna use this song as an example, Sorgens Kammer by Dimmu Borgir:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JOPI8eQ6VM[/youtube]
Dimmu could easily right a song like the pop song in question, but do you think whatever the band that made that pop song could write a song like Sorgens Kammer, let alone perform it as well or sing in Norwegian?
Well I don't want to start another flamewar here, since I seem to do that so easily. I only said that sh** in the first place cause I needed to release some anger, I don't feel like arguing about it anymore, but I am just defending my point right now.

First of all, what makes you so sure that Dimmu Borgir COULD write Music Is My Hot Hot Sex? They don't seem to have quite the same way with a melody. Even if they could, I doubt they could perform it as charmingly as Lovefoxx does - and can they speak Brazilian?

I don't doubt that CSS would find it hard to write a song like Sorgens Kammer, but I shan't hold it against them.

Yeah, I love Dimmu, they're one of my favorite bands, but they're a completely different kind of band...the two songs have practically nothing in common.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 4:40 pm

It doesn't sound bad. But I perfer music that comes from talented musicians. When I hear good music, I am overwhelmed with emotion (unless I'm really not in the mood for it). That just doesn't happen with pop or rap or techno.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 9:41 pm

@Judge, some good stuff:

techno: Underworld - second thoughest on the infants
pop: u2 - zooropa
rap: Danger Mouse + Jemini - Ghetto Pop Life

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 12:28 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
It doesn't sound bad. But I perfer music that comes from talented musicians. When I hear good music, I am overwhelmed with emotion (unless I'm really not in the mood for it). That just doesn't happen with pop or rap or techno.

Are you seriously saying no one involved in pop, rap or techno is a talented musician?