Ladies and gentlemen... the WrongPlanet writing showcase

Page 4 of 51 [ 803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 12:51 pm

Lonely Bus, Lonely Cockney
By CockneyRebel

It was a blistering hot summer's day, deep in The Heart of Texas. While the cowboys and cowgirls were out, riding their horses and shooting their guns, up into the air, there were two very similar characters, who really shouldn't have been in that very hot part of Texas. They were very similar, indeed.

This Hobby Store is called Yankee Doodle Wheels and Hobbies. It appeared to be like any American toy store, from the outside. However, there was a slight, Un-American twinge inside the store. There were General Lees and Rot-Rods jumping ramps, as the owner took the last toy, out of the last box. The toy was a long way, from home, and she was quite the Lady. She was a PRV Routemaster with the rosey cheeks. The rambuncious southern trucks and cars stood around, waiting for the bus to talk. The Tonka dump truck, whom was the most rambuncious of all, looked at the Routemaster and said, "Lovely London Lady! How would you like to get in the sack with me"?! In her rich Cockney accent, the bus shouted, "Leave me alone"! The four-wheeled versions of the cowboys and cowgirls made fun of Rootie's accent, as they were jumping ramps and doing stunts, going, "Yee-haw"! Rootie rolled into a corner very slowly, and she started to cry. Truck Tex sped up to Rootie, and asked "What's wrong"? Rootie whined in her Routemaster style, "You southern folk are all the same...sniff...you're all a bunch of animals".

'Hey Little One' by Glen Campbell plays in the background.

There was a Hostel that looked like any Hostel in Texas. It looked like a barn, but there was a slight Un-American twinge inside the building. CockneyRebel was on the Internet, looking at Routemasters, as she forgot to bring her favourite one with her, when she left for The Heart of Texas. Billy Bob walked up to Cockney and asked, "What's that you're looking at"? Cockney answered, in her rich Cockney accent, "This is a Routemaster"! Billy Bob asked, "What's that? A penis"!?! Cockney logged off the Internet and said, "You southern US folk are all the same! YOU'RE SUCH BLOODY ANIMALS"! !! The cowboys and cowgirls were cheering, dancing and shooting their guns out the front windows, as they made fun of Cockney's accent.

'Hey Little One' by Glen Campbell plays in the background, again.

CockneyRebel left the Hostel for good, and she decided to stop by at Yankee Doodle's Wheels and Hobbies. She was acting all cool, pretending to put on a Hippie vibe. Her left hand started to tingle, profusely. She looked straight ahead and saw a model of one of the PRV Routemasters that she likes so much, with the rosey cheeks. She scooped Rootie into her hands, than she uncontrollably kneeled down and kissed the dirty floor, that she walked on. Cockney payed for her friend, packed her into her suitcase, and took her back to British Columbia with her. Cockney and Rootie were in ecstacy, on their Greyhound back to Langley.

'London Skies' by Jamie Cullum plays in the background.

RaoulDuke
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2006, 3:48 am

This is my little short piece that I wrote in 11 minutes. My friend gave me one word to write something off of, "Christ," and this is what I came up with.

Jesus Christ is a barber in Brooklyn. Every day he wakes up to the sound of two cats copulating on the floor beneath him in his run down 20-story housing project. He gets out of bed, showers with water at below 20 degrees, running the risk of hypothermia each time he decides to. He then dries off, gets a cup of Taster's Choice coffee and exits the door. He then stands pensively outside his door on his welcome mat before realizing he's still naked. He goes back inside and gets dressed in his work uniform and heads over to work.

Jesus Christ rides a red Mongoose mountain bike seventeen blocks south to where he works, a small barbershop sandwiched between a pet shop and a chinese restaurant. When he opens the door, the bell above it rings, signaling his entrance. Each day he makes early morning preparations before any customers arrive. And each day he's disappointed because none ever do. This renders all of the day's efforts futile; sanitizing the combs, cleaning the razors, organizing the magazine rack and balancing the cash drawer. He passes time by reading Cosmopolitan and Women's Wear Daily and alternately playing lightsaber battles with his reflection using a straight razor.

Jesus Christ spends alot of money each week on bandages.

Jesus Christ doesn't appreciate the great irony life has dealt him; he is in fact the world's greatest barber. He can sculpt hair like Leonardo himself would make a painting, with perfect symmetry on each side of the head and even length all around. The only problem is that he himself cannot cut his hair or have it cut; his hair will simply defy the laws of physics and "override" a pair of scissors or razor attempting to cut it. This causes him to have extremely long and unkempt hair, and it is obvious that no person wants to have their hair cut by a man who makes Jerry Rubin look like Patrick Stewart.

Jesus Christ is puzzled. Each night he leaves work wondering how he continues to draw no business in his barbershop. He supports himself by selling Chick Tracts to old Jewish women who are too rheumatic to read anymore. Each night he goes home, riding his red Mongoose bicycle seventeen blocks north to his twenty story housing project. Each night he returns through his door, becomes naked, and falls asleep to the sound of cats copulating.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 2:46 pm

Very nice writing.I really enjoy the absurdity and clear prose and attention to detail.Keeping writing.... :D

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 9:23 pm

“Where are we going?”
“We are going to Glindlwock to meet a wizard. His name is Cyrin ”
“Cyrin…I thought wizards were just myths. That’s what me school teacher say to me: ‘Wizards is just fake.’
“Your teacher thinks that grindles are fake and they masquerade all day on Penive Street.”
“I should probly stop listening to her opinions…”
His father ducked under a low hanging tree branch.
“So, why didn’t I haveta go to school toda?”
“This wizard, Cyrin, ‘e’s interested in meeting you.”
“What?”
“Don’t encourage Cyrin, Dal, he-”
His dad stopped walking and listened closely. His dad put a finger up to his lips and Dal shook his head slowly.
“Listen.” His father whispered.
Dal looked around nervously and ever alert. He had seen that look his father’s eyes many times before. In particularly: the day his mother was taken away.
“Oh…no…oh, my…” His father whispered to himself and twitched.
“s**t…damn, damn…son, do you remember-” His father grabbed Dal’s arm and started at a quick walk. “Do you remember the stories I told you as a child?”
Dal stopped dead in his tracks and his father turned around staring at his shocked son.
“You…you-you-you s-s-s.” His father picked him up, cradling him in his arms and began to run as fast as possible.
They weren’t stories but were more like warnings.

this is part of a story that i randomly work on...i can't seem to find the beginning it may be on the old computer.

Empty swings
Bells on bikes with potential to still ring
Empty freezie pops lay in a pile
Ant piles untarnished, unpoked
These childhood memories are but a lonesome memory now
Known only to the child who once saw the world through innocent eyes

and this is just some poem i've been working on

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Musik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2007, 11:37 pm

Accidently posted this as topic, sorry.

I caught a body comin through the rye
I said, "the people see the mountain and they want to fly

They reach the end but never stop
and they fall right off the mountain top

I've seen some fall who begin to fly
I've seen some fall, hit ground and die

Some put phoney wings onto their back
They try to put on a splendid act

But when comes time to fall or fly
They phoneys are the ones that always die

I try to make sure good souls don't die
'Cause I am The Catcher in the Rye"

Inspired by "The Catcher in the Rye", by J.D. Salanger

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 4:55 am

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2007, 12:24 am

I've Got To Keep Walking

I've got to keep walking
Away from my past
Towards my future
Away from my problems
Towards a solution

By CockneyRebel

Apostledanub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2007, 2:27 pm

I am what they call war,
I am what they call love.
I am what they call wisdom.
I am what they call stupidity.
I am what they call hate,
I am what they call charity,
I am what they call free...

I am human.

Do you like it? :)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 6:25 pm

hmm...i could see that as a world wide thing. each person would could add a line to the poem. ex:

i am what they call strange

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

outwardeyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2007, 12:40 am

I am what they call silly.

Yin Omelet

The source of my yielding
was self-doubt and pity.
When the mixture was right,
I was told it was pretty.

wf_bellamy
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2007, 11:14 pm

Just checking

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 7:12 pm

Oops!! !! I hit the wrong thread :oops: Pleasedelete this and the two following posts in this thread.

Last edited by Fogman on 16 Mar 2007, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 7:14 pm

Oops! Please delete!

Last edited by Fogman on 16 Mar 2007, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 7:16 pm

Oops three times, sorry!

RaoulDuke
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2007, 2:00 pm

I honestly don't know how silly this piece is, but I was inspired to write it after seeing a new co-worker of mine at Blockbuster use all of the techniques outlined in the piece to sell a product. Any comments are appreciated.

Great American Cocksucker

Quote:
In the tall grass and weeds, a rustling sound is heard. Shuttling itself through the fauna, a long, slender form propels itself across the damp mud. Invisible to anyone not located directly overhead, the figure stealthily slithers towards his prey; a vunerable, beautiful doe gently lapping at a cool stream. He approaches slowly and silently, waiting for the moment upon which he can strike at the doe’s neck, injecting her with his venom and bringing her down to the dirt, where he can make off with the spoils of her corpse.

This deceitful, stealthy predator is the Great American Cocksucker. Every day one can see him amongst the general populace, covering himself with the camouflage of politeness and pleasantry. His smile is wide and inviting, and his eyes never leave yours. His gestures are smooth and calming, and he exudes a vague air of authority. He uses flattering speech to make people feel at ease, and to trust him. If he can, he presents small gifts that further reduce the guard of the prey. Then he strikes.

A wary observer can point out all the characteristics of the Great American Cocksucker. But usually, it is difficult to poke through his shield of deception if he is directly encountered. Even the sharpest of minds can be drawn in, as his cloak is very thick, and constantly shifting. A key aspect of the Great American Cocksucker is that he relies upon the tendency for people to have poor memory. He can constantly change his shape, his background, his life; as long as people cannot remember what he said the week prior. One day he’s been in the army for four years, was a technician for Abrams, and just recently got discharged, returning himself to the working world to fund his college studies. The next day he is a budding writer, having interned at a publisher, and he’s finished a book about World War II medics that’s “in the publishing process” and that you should look for it on shelves at the beginning of the next fiscal quarter.

Be careful, however, as the Cocksucker does not enjoy having his cloak cast off when he is stalking his prey. A lucid watchdog who can point out a flaw in his guise might find himself in a whirlwind of vengeful rage, as the Cocksucker will strike with extreme contempt, embarrassed at being defrocked, his useless, naked form exposed. Any person with a sense of justice who comes upon a Great American Cocksucker should exercise caution, and attempt to remove the prey from the Cocksucker’s line of sight, rather than directly exposing him. Avoiding an encounter with the Cocksucker is strongly advised.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:06 pm

nice colorful word use!

i'm bored since i have nothing else to study for on my exams tomorrow...so, i wrote this thing

This I do bequeath to you
A little knowledge to get you through
Take care of those thoughts in your mind that have an unsettled rest
And don’t forget to do your best
Do not mind those who speak of lowly of you
For they surely speak of things without indication of knowledge
Please do take this solemn pledge
To dwell within yourself and find knowledgeable treasures otherwise unseen
With this comprehension you’ll sharpen your sword ever keen
And when the time comes to break through these walls that hold you,
You will get payments due.

it needs a couple modifications...