Slipknot 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Mushroomhead 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Mudvayne 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Jan 2008, 2:59 pm

nobody. i just felt like mentioning it because most kids these days think slipknot is deathmetal, and joey jordison is the greatest drummer eva :zzz:

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 2:10 pm

That's because most kids these days don't know anything about music. It's more or less always been the case.

Jordison is one hell of a drummer, though.

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

15 Jan 2008, 11:10 am

JohnHopkins wrote:
That's because most kids these days don't know anything about music. It's more or less always been the case.

Jordison is one hell of a drummer, though.

I agree that Jordison is a great drummer, The drum beat in the song "before i forget" is amazing, mainly due to the fact that he has his kit tuned slighty different.
I love his paradiddle solo in the song "Blister exists"

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 9:14 pm

Deathklaat wrote:
Which band do you think is the best of these three? If you vote, try to explain your answer.

They all sound exactly the same.
I don't have a problem with those bands of course, you're entitled to like them, I just have a problem with people who say that those bands are either metal or goth, neither of which any of them is.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 9:29 pm

Yupa wrote:
I don't have a problem with those bands of course, you're entitled to like them, I just have a problem with people who say that those bands are either metal or goth, neither of which any of them is.

No, not goth at all, but how are they not metal?

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 9:41 pm

Veresae wrote:
Yupa wrote:

No, not goth at all, but how are they not metal?

Well, nu-metal as opposed to what's generally considered legitimate, "true metal", you know.
Haha, yeah, I guess I've been hanging out with elitist metalheads a bit too much.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 2:07 pm

Yupa wrote:
Deathklaat wrote:
Which band do you think is the best of these three? If you vote, try to explain your answer.

As opposed to actual goth bands, who sound totally different...

Yes, you have been hanging around with elitists too long. Every band in a genre we dislike sounds exactly the same to us.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 9:54 pm

Yupa wrote:
Well, nu-metal as opposed to what's generally considered legitimate, "true metal", you know.
Haha, yeah, I guess I've been hanging out with elitist metalheads a bit too much.

Heheh. Yeah, I know what you mean. I consider nu-metal to be a form of metal. XD I don't consider Mushroomhead to be nu-metal though...at least not their XX album. Savior Sorrow though? Yeah. And Slipknot? Yeah, I could see them as nu-metal. But I always thought of pure nu-metal as generally stuff that was even wussier than Slipknot, like Korn (who started it) or Disturbed or Linkin Park. I dunno.

In the end it doesn't matter what you call it...but whatever. Sorry they're not your thing. ^_^

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 3:32 pm

Slipknot don't really have enough hip-hop influence to be considered nu-metal, nor Mudvayne really.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 8:15 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
Slipknot don't really have enough hip-hop influence to be considered nu-metal, nor Mudvayne really.

What about "Spit It Out"? That one's pretty hip-hop-ish. I just think they're way more intense than most nu-metal, even if they're not extreme metal.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:50 am

Mushroom head a ripoff of Faith No More. Slipknot is just awful. Dunno much about Mudvayne.

Is this poll for bands that wear costumes? If so, why isn't Mr. Bungle in the poll? Probably because Mr. Bungle is the only one that made good music.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 1:03 am

Dokken wrote:
Mushroom head a ripoff of Faith No More. Slipknot is just awful. Dunno much about Mudvayne.

Is this poll for bands that wear costumes? If so, why isn't Mr. Bungle in the poll? Probably because Mr. Bungle is the only one that made good music.

Man, Mushroomhead doesn't sound ANYTHING like Faith No More.

Mr. Bungle doesn't sound anything like any of the 3 bands in the poll, either, costumes or no costumes.

And you can't say that music isn't good just because you don't like it. Slipknot and Mushroomhead are both very good at what they do, they're just doing a very different thing than Mr. Bungle.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 8:53 am

Veresae wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:

What about "Spit It Out"? That one's pretty hip-hop-ish. I just think they're way more intense than most nu-metal, even if they're not extreme metal.

Yeah and a lot of the earlier stuff before Corey became the vocalist is very hip-hoppy, but they just didn't really do enough of it. I mean Plain White T's have an acoustic ballad in the charts, but it's just one song, it's not their modus operandi.

Mushroomhead really aren't a rip off of Faith No More.

I'm as big a fan of Mike Patton as anyone, but this thread isn't about him.