Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 3:40 pm

I am writing 2 books so far.

Book #1:

I have not decided what I am going to call it yet.It's a sci-fi/fantasy thoygh.It's about a girl named Leela and her best friend,Riley.They go to a new school(Leela's in the 9th and Riley's in the 10th)They meet 2 people:a girl named Sid and a boy named Damon.Leela soon falls for both of them.
But Leela and Riley's worlds are about gto change upside down as they learn that Sid and Damon are half-breed angels sent to earth to fight off demons who are plotting against the world.Leela and Riley are soon caught up in all of this and they help Damon and Sid.

Book #2:

Takes place in 1915.Will is a 16-year-old mute girl who is an outcast in thier community of 700.But she also has a gift for communicating with animals.One day,as she can't take her lie anymore so she flees the village and wonders off into the forbidden forest.There she encounters a strange boy.She soon learns that he is a werewolf.They soon fall in love.

I'm sorry if the summary sucked.

I'm also writing a poem but the only lines I ahve down so far are:

I'm trapped in my box,slowly going insane
unable to hold back tears,unable to cope with the pain

What are you writing now?

-SpaceCase :)

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 3:44 pm

where should i start...?

Last edited by vetivert on 07 Dec 2005, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 3:54 pm

Click here to read what there is of the novel I'm working on. If you look at the dates you can see the uber slow pace I'm going at. I'M TAKING FIVE COLLEGE CLASSES, DANGIT! That and I'm a lazy brat. It's about 32,000 words now, and maybe a bit more than halfway through.

Anyway it has mature content, be warned. Not explicit descriptions, but loads of language and thematic stuff, so please don't click that if you're too young, howver young too young is.

I'm not even gonna try to summarize it. It's bizarre. I will say this though: It takes very little of its content seriuously, and the characters don't take each OTHER seriously. It's not a serious novel; it's supposed to be a sort of enjoyable read.

Liadain
Raven
Raven

11 Oct 2005, 4:11 pm

1 - a collection of short stories based on dreams. I am not writing them with the intent of faithfully expressing, image for image, what has occurred in the dream, but in a way that hopefully makes them accessible to people other than myself.

2 - a sci-fi graphic novel that is a collaboration with an artist friend of mine.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 4:49 pm

Still working on a fantasy story called Guardian of Shadow. It's about an unsuspecting young lad who's chosen to become the heir to the Guardian of Shadow. The story needs a bit of background explanation so here it is:
There are two guardians, one of light and one of shadow. Each guardian rules for a hundred years before choosing an heir, who must become a guardian him or herself by killing the previous guardian. The story revolves around a quest to put down an impostor guardian with an enormous amount of political power and thus preventing an all-out war from breaking out in the Nine Realms.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 5:35 pm

I'm working on a novel about children. After three months, I'm 9,193 words in. It sounds pitiful, but it's a blazing fast pace for me.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 6:35 pm

I've plot-scripted several novels, but I don't know how many of them are actually going to be completed.

First one:
A man kills his brother and it is up to friends to find out what has happened, including a very reluctant Elven Ranger. In the end, it all ends up okay. :)

Second one:
A sixteen-year-old boy finds out he has AS and basically what happens after that.

Aaron_Mason
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 6:38 am

I've oft fancied writing books, but any idea I come up with is gay or unoriginal. I had this idea of a story about the Earth in the year 2065, where everyone has microchips inplanted in their brains to regulate their emotions and prevent open mindeness and free speech, but someone beat me to it... with a drug :(

AS is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I'm the same as I was when I was six years old - Modest Mouse

UnconfirmedAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2005, 8:10 pm

I'm currently writing a fan fiction novel in which a bunch of movie characters get zapped into the real world... just broke 80,000 words. ;P

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 9:21 am

I just wrote down my name on a piece of paper. :wink:

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 9:53 am

SpaceCase wrote:
I just wrote down my name on a piece of paper. :wink:

Every writer has to start somewhere, right? ;)

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 12:38 pm

Yupa wrote:
Still working on a fantasy story called Guardian of Shadow. It's about an unsuspecting young lad who's chosen to become the heir to the Guardian of Shadow. The story needs a bit of background explanation so here it is:
There are two guardians, one of light and one of shadow. Each guardian rules for a hundred years before choosing an heir, who must become a guardian him or herself by killing the previous guardian. The story revolves around a quest to put down an impostor guardian with an enormous amount of political power and thus preventing an all-out war from breaking out in the Nine Realms.

have you played The Longest Journey?

Anyway, I'm writing a satire about the events that occur between a nuclear explosion going off in the US and the start of World War III. It has an indecisive lame duck president, a maniacal secret service agent, a former SS weapons developer, militant environmentalists, a reincarnated Joseph McCarthy, a snowman, bored college students, a janitor, and a Cable News Station to profit from it all.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 4:09 pm

UnconfirmedAspie wrote:
I'm currently writing a fan fiction novel in which a bunch of movie characters get zapped into the real world... just broke 80,000 words. ;P

Holy f---ing s---!! ! 8O

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 7:26 pm

I finally started writing down some story idea (a very vivid scene that came from a dream I think) that has been rolling around in my head for a few months. I filled up a page almost immediately (which I'm sure doesn't sound very impressive to some but for me that usually takes forever).

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 6:31 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
I finally started writing down some story idea (a very vivid scene that came from a dream I think) that has been rolling around in my head for a few months. I filled up a page almost immediately (which I'm sure doesn't sound very impressive to some but for me that usually takes forever).

One tip I heard from a writing teacher was to keep a notebook/notepad and a pen/pencil by the side of your bed at night. That way, if you have a dream or an idea suddenly comes to mind :idea: then you can immediately write it down and have less of a chance of forgetting it.

It's also not such a bad idea to write about your dreams. I had a dream that the world was in a nuclear world war three (long story) and some of my characters who travel through time were in the middle of it. I'd written about these kids time traveling before, but I'd never even thought about writing something that took place during the future. It's now become an idea on the top of my waiting list to write. :D

UnconfirmedAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2005, 7:03 pm

Serissa wrote:
UnconfirmedAspie wrote:

Holy f---ing s---!! ! 8O

...But it took me two years to reach that, so...