Page 1 of 15 [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 12:28 am

What music genres do you dislike the most? Some genres I can't stand are country, any form of rap, and heavy/black metal. I dislike country because I find it boring, and I dislike rap and heavy metal because both genres are annoying and don't have hardly any artistic merit.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2010, 12:42 am

I agree on all three counts. For me though, I'd add that of any type jazz makes my brain hurt (figuratively.)

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2010, 12:44 am

Country, mainstream rap, and heavy metal.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 1:01 am

Country is just plain stupid and rap even more so. Metal is the best.

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2010, 1:42 am

Descartes wrote:
I dislike rap and heavy metal because both genres ... don't have hardly any artistic merit.

I strongly disagree on both counts. In fact the most talented musicians of this century seem to be working in extreme metal. To say that you've never heard of a metal band with more than a little artistic merit shows an extreme ignorance of a genre you make condescending remarks about. Your comments may apply to the mainstream mutations of rap and metal, or to particular proponents of them, but seeing as you're talking about the genres themselves, I really have a problem with your whole mindset.

Genres I hate: None, seeing as hating genres is a barrier to discovering amazing music.

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 2:48 am

I don't like rap, jazz and techno.

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2010, 3:07 am

Metal_Man, I love your gif. I think I know that guy. :wink:

I like a lot of metal, but a lot of it's crap.

I can enjoy some country from time to time, but a lot of it's crap.

There's some listenable rap out there, but most of it's crap.

These days there are a lot of warbling girls who all look alike, and most of it's crap.

There are a lot of sensitive young people singing about relationships, and most of it's crap.

A little Wagner, some Fatboy Slim and some Weird Al and I'm happy.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 3:19 am

Hate country - well most of it. Boring, whiny and depressing. Most of it has neither artistic nor intellectual merit.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 3:34 am

SquishypuffDave wrote:
Descartes wrote:
I dislike rap and heavy metal because both genres ... don't have hardly any artistic merit.

I strongly disagree on both counts. In fact the most talented musicians of this century seem to be working in extreme metal. To say that you've never heard of a metal band with more than a little artistic merit shows an extreme ignorance of a genre you make condescending remarks about. Your comments may apply to the mainstream mutations of rap and metal, or to particular proponents of them, but seeing as you're talking about the genres themselves, I really have a problem with your whole mindset.

Genres I hate: None, seeing as hating genres is a barrier to discovering amazing music.

I probably shouldn't have said it in such a judgmental way; but I do have personal tastes and will judge certain songs and the genres to which they belong accordingly. Also, I wasn't talking about metal in general, I was talking about heavy/black metal, and while I like the instrumentals in this genre, I have distaste for the artist screaming out the lyrics in a manner in which I cannot even understand what he's singing about, which I also find to be annoying. And I probably should have refrained from remarking that it has no artistic merit, but I generally have an unfavorable view toward these genres.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 4:10 am

I can't stand rap, or country.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 5:10 am

I cannot really make a judgment.
There are good artists in every genre.
I am too ignorant of pop to be judgmental about it.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 5:34 am

Techno umc-umc-umc-umc-umc-alofyubabeeeee-umc-umc-umc-umc-umc-umc-umc!
Manieczki, Love Parade, wixa wixa etc. <vomits>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Bk9W23ghM[/youtube]

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 5:52 am

anything which is unremittingly harsh and banal, which covers lots of modern music from the 90s onward. harsh by itself is ok for occasional doses, same for banal, but for heaven's sake NOT both together at top volume!

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 7:49 am

Can´t stand electronic music, dance or anything like it unless at a club. I can stand some rap like Eminem, not that I listen to it. But rock and metal are the best genres... ever... on the history of the planet..... and for all foreseeable future... with nothing standing close to them... (I was kidding in this last part :) )

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 8:11 am

Jazz. Gabber. Almost all TV show manufactured groups.

The year is still young.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 10:13 am

I don't hate any specific genre as a whole, but I dislike most rap/hip hop... as I like the Black eyed peas, that is kind of odd, I'll agree! I generally don't like songs which are one big cuss word it just ******* ****** me off... :lol:

I CANNOT TOLERATE any music which has a loud bass beat. It rattles my brains around (I swear it does) but that's more of a sensory issue than a hatered of the songs.