Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Prescription
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2008, 9:23 pm

I thought some of you might want to know the headliners of this year's Voodoofest in New Orleans. And they are...

R.E.M., Nine Inch Nails, and Stone Temple Pilots.

Does this make anyone else excited?

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2008, 9:30 pm

No, but I do want to see Nine Inch Nails live.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:02 pm

Prescription wrote:
I thought some of you might want to know the headliners of this year's Voodoofest in New Orleans. And they are...

R.E.M., Nine Inch Nails, and Stone Temple Pilots.

Does this make anyone else excited?

Not in the least. REM were at their height in the early 80's before The B-52's and Pylon brought the Athens, GA music scene to the attention of the record industry. NIN really weren't the best of the Chicago WaxTrax scene, but I will give Trent Reznor credit for collaborating with Pigface who really were inspiring. Stone Temple Pilots have always played horrible, mass produced pseudo-grunge who came to prominence several years after the Seattle SubPop scene's creative peak.

If the Voodoofest's headliners were these bands, I would want to attend (Videos in the links):

Boredoms
(New Sun- Vision Creation release *Very Stimmy*)

Cornelius (Gum - Live in the US)

Ruins ( Three Songs,Live in Tokyo, 2002)

Wooden Shjips (We Ask You To Ride, studio release)

Mission Of Burma (This version of Wounded World appeared on MOB guitarist Roger Miller/No Man's 1991 studio release 'How The West Was Won'. It is a rougher take of the version that appeared on Mission Of Burma's 2003 reunion release 'OnOffOn'. -- You Tube's live selections of this song had horrible camera angles and audio quality, hence this substitution.)