Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:23 am

every time I listen to this album I can't help but think that it conveys what it actually feels like to be an aspie in a really amazing way.

someone once said that talking about music is like dancing about architecture and I couldn't agree more so unfortunately I can't really explain what I'm trying to say any better, it's just a feeling that hits me whenever I listen to it.

I guess if someone ever asks me what it FEELS like to be an aspie I'm just gonna play them this CD.

anyone else have heard it? what do you think?

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2008, 11:34 am

I haven't heard the whole album because the American music scene is very xenophobic. I've heard a few songs from it though, "Dog Shelter", "Ghost Hardware", and "In McDonald's". I liked them and I should get around to listening to the rest once my computer is fixed.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:41 am

yeah, it's definately worth a listen and works best when listened to as a whole. on good headphones or with a quality subwoofer. when walking around town on a rainy evening ;D

love your quote about swans btw

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2008, 11:52 am

Unfortunately we don't get the plethora of nice evening rains here like in London and my computer is TARFU at the moment which prevents me from acquiring it. I will as soon as I get the chance though.

And the quote is from a Sir Karl Popper. I forgot to credit him for that.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:15 pm

of course it is. I'm kicking myself right now for not recognising it's Popper, I used to read him loads in high school <blushes>

irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Sep 2008, 1:06 pm

Listening to it right now, actually. I'm still more familiar with the self-titled album, but this one's quickly becoming a fave :)

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:10 pm

It's pretty good but yeah I still prefer the s/t.

The "talking about music is like dancing about architecture" quote is nonsense to me as well. It's been credited to several people but I don't think anyone knows for certain.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:19 pm

Hector wrote:
It's pretty good but yeah I still prefer the s/t.

a lot of people (mostly men) seem to like s/t more. I bet it's because Untrue came to be such a hit commercially ;p

I still think Untrue has much more soul and emotion and space to it even if it's not as perfect technically or has bits of D'Angelo and other r'n'b crap in it :p

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:50 pm

Untrue was a commercial hit?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 3:00 pm

it was a commercial hit within the dubstep scene.

sorry I guess I should've phrased that differently ;p