Chain Story!! ! [ ended ] [ Read the whole thing! ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2004, 11:07 am

This is called a chain story. It's where I start out the story. Then you reply and finish what I said. Then somebody else replies and adds to that. You can add twists, too! I'll start with:

Once, there was a chef who worked in a gelatin factory. One day, he wondered what the big gelatin stove felt like. So he touched it, and it shocked him! He fell down on the ground with the pain running through his body. When he rose, he glowed a neon blue color. He had no idea what happened, but he decided to continue his job. When he touched the gelatin...

You get to continue the story, but as soon as things start going in more than one direction, we may have to start using quotes. All right?

NOTE: This couldn't be posted in the "Writing and Poetry" section because a chain story's supposed to be written buy more than one person. But maybe when it's finished, I'll post it there.

Last edited by Mich on 11 Jul 2004, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

29 Jun 2004, 11:35 am

...his boss, Mr. Edgar came up to him. "What the hell are you doing?" the man shouted at the chef.

"Sorry," the chef appologized, "I just wanted to know how it felt."

"Well, are you okay?"

"Sure, why?"

"You were glowing."

"Really? We oughtta get that checked."

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2004, 12:26 pm

Nuttdan wrote:
...his boss, Mr. Edgar came up to him. "What the hell are you doing?" the man shouted at the chef.

"Well, are you okay?"

"Sure, why?"

"You were glowing."

So he went to the doctor. Mr. Edgar went with him. When the doctor saw the glow, he fainted. Mr. Edgar shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't usually do this, but you can have the day off. As long as you find a way to get me $1,000 today. I'll know if you're slacking off." He then gave the chef a hat, which he gladly put on his head. But what the chef didn't know was that the hat had a hidden camera in it so his boss could see everything he was doing. The chef thought for a minute about how he could get $1,000 in one day and then headed off to...

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jun 2004, 2:06 pm

Mich wrote:
Nuttdan wrote:

"Well, are you okay?"

"Sure, why?"

"You were glowing."

So he went to the doctor. Mr. Edgar went with him. When the doctor saw the glow, he fainted. Mr. Edgar shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't usually do this, but you can have the day off. As long as you find a way to get me $1,000 today. I'll know if you're slacking off." He then gave the chef a hat, which he gladly put on his head. But what the chef didn't know was that the hat had a hidden camera in it so his boss could see everything he was doing. The chef thought for a minute about how he could get $1,000 in one day and then headed off to...

The chef, whose name was Brian, got into his Mercedes Benz SL600 Roadster (with twin-turbocharged 36-valve 5.5L V-12 engine). As he waited for the stop-light to turn green, he started thinking long and hard. "I've never even seen that much money in my life! How does Mr. Edgar expect me to get that much money?" After contemplating for a while, Brian decided to rob the local McDonalds. "I'm sure they have 1,000 dollars. I wonder what 1,000 dollars looks like." Finally, the light turned green and he put the petal to the metal and went from 0 to 60 mph in under 4.5 seconds.

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2004, 2:32 pm

alex wrote:
Mich wrote:
Nuttdan wrote:

"Well, are you okay?"

"Sure, why?"

"You were glowing."

The chef, whose name was Brian, got into his Mercedes Benz SL600 Roadster (with twin-turbocharged 36-valve 5.5L V-12 engine). As he waited for the stop-light to turn green, he started thinking long and hard. "I've never even seen that much money in my life! How does Mr. Edgar expect me to get that much money?" After contemplating for a while, Brian decided to rob the local McDonalds. "I'm sure they have 1,000 dollars. I wonder what 1,000 dollars looks like." Finally, the light turned green and he put the petal to the metal and went from 0 to 60 mph in under 4.5 seconds.

When Brian got there, he searched through the glove compartment for a mask. But all he found were gloves, gloves, and more gloves. But then he thought, If the doctor I saw earlier fainted, then maybe everybody in there will faint, too! He thought it was brilliant. But when he walked into the McDonald's, the reaction was different. Everybody stared. Brian knew he wouldn't be able to rob any place with everybody staring!

Meanwhile, Mr. Edgar was in his office, watching the monitor that let him see (but NOT hear) everything Brian was doing. He had noticed lots of things since he placed the hidden-camera hat on his chef's head: what's ACTUALLY inside Brian's glove compartment, how most people react to weird-looking things, and what his own head REALLY looks from the back. He gasped and ran off to re-gel his hair. But while he was out of the room...

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2004, 11:52 am

he realised - I've got lots of friends in San Jose; lalalalalalalala. "This damn hair-gel and all of its confounded halucinogenic properties - damn it to hell!" With that, Mr Edgar hit the ground with a watery thud [as he was obese enough to be termed "very chunky" by his friends]. He lost consciousness, and then the real fun began......

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2004, 4:05 pm

When Mr. Edgar lost conciousness, he forgot what he was doing, but now, he wondered who he was. He then walked into the room with the monitor and stared at it. He wondered why the camera filmed the outside of McDonald's.

Meanwhile, Brian was behind McDonald's, looking for a back door. Finally, he had found a tiny door . He opened it and walked in. It was a McDonald's vault, full of money! But it all had Ronald McDonald's picture on it. Surely there must be real money in here somewhere!, he thought.

Well, back to Mr. Edgar, who had been watching the monitor for 5 minutes by now. He had noticed Ronald's face on the monitor and started singing, "That's My Ronald" (from the McDonald's tape with the same title) and dancing like crazy, bumping into objects like Fester in The Addams Family (movie) after the Mamoushka scene. ("Mamoushka, Mamoushka, a hey, and a hey, and a hey, and...") But Brian didn't know that. All Brian knew was that he was trapped in a room filled with McDonald's gift coupons.

focused
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jul 2004, 10:21 pm

Brian noticed that in the bottom left corner of the McDonald's coupons was a not that read, "1/100th of 1 cent cash redeemable value." He began to wonder just how many coupons were in this vault and where he could exchange them for cash? He was shocked to learn that a McDonald's coupon was so valueless. On one hand, the food of McDonald's is quite valueless but on the other doesn't Ronald have more money than the U.S. government?

Brian regained his focus and...

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2004, 8:51 am

...went out of the coupon vault and back into the McDonald's. He walked to the end of the line up to the counter and waited for quite a while! Then, when it was his turn, he asked, "Where does Ronald McDonald live?" The cashier then yelled, "Where does Ronald live?" To his surprise, he got Mr. Edgar's address. So he left and headed for his own boss's house.

Meanwhile, Mr. Edgar was playing around with things inside his office. He unscrewed the lightbulb and ate it. He took all the paperwork he did and ripped it apart. He then went back into the monitor room (which got quite boring, hence Mr. Edgar playing in his office). To his surprise, he saw his own door on the monitor. That's when he knew, er, would have known, that Brian wanted to see his brother, Robert Edgar aka Ronald McDonald.

Brian opened up the door and peeked inside, where he saw a skinny man with messy black hair on his head and stubble on his chin talking on the phone. "I told you, this is the ONLY two weeks I get off! You'll have to delay the Ronald McDonald action figure until my vacation is over!" "Hello?" Brian asked while entering the room. "Hi! Come on in!" Robert said, covering up the speaker on the phone. "No, not you! I was talking to one of my brother's employees who works at the gelatin factory!" Robert hung up on the person on the phone. "Who was that?" "That was my personal assistant. She pushes me into doing all these 'I'm Lovin It' and 'Put A Smile On' commercials, when all I want is to get enough money to move out of this house." "But you're THE Ronald McDonald!" "I'm overworked and underpaid. My older brother, your boss, makes way more than I do. But he doesn't hide his money very well. It's in his room, which is up the stairs, turn left, end of hallway. We pretty much split the house in half, which is the only nice thing he's ever done for me." "Why's it so nice?" "Because I get the attic and the original bathroom. He gets the cheap one he got installed." Hmmmm...my boss is cheap. Since he's cheap, that means he's probably got a lot of money in his room. So Brian walked upstairs, turned left, and walked to the end of the hallway and opened the door up to find a room filled with dust, dirt, cobwebs...and money. Lots and lots of money. But he didn't know where to start. There was so much money. Money on desks. Money on tables. Money on shelves, piled up to the ceiling. Too much money. Brian didn't know where to start, like I said before.

Arlen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2004, 11:25 pm

then he ran out and grabed a big bag and ran up to the room and took aprt the webs and he put all the money in the bag opend the door and mr
edger was at the door and brian ran outside then jumpd in the car and drove home the next day he went to wirk ...

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2004, 3:36 pm

...Mr. Edgar had blocked off his work station so he could play at Brian's work station. He's flipped! Brian thought. And I know what to do about it. He decided to take a real day off. But while he headed for the door, he tripped and landed on top of Mr. Edgar, which triggered his memory, but when Brian rolled off of him, he also hit his head. Mr. Edgar got up. "So, how are you going about collecting the $1,000, Brian? I want them as soon as possible, or you're fired!" "Who's Brian?"

THE END