Placebo
Marilyn Manson
Manic Street Preachers
Orphaned Land
Muse
Indochine
Rush
London After Midnight

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2008, 12:11 pm

the shins
of montreal
pavement
the national
radiohead
fat freddys drop
boards of canada

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2008, 1:18 pm

Alice in Chains, the origional version with Layne.
Linkin Park

Those are my constant top ones, but lots of others take turns in my top 10, depending on my mood.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2008, 6:18 pm

American Music Club, Autechre, Kevin Ayers, The Band, Bardo Pond, Anthony Braxton, Tim Buckley, Captain Beefheart, Leonard Cohen, Coil, Current 93, Dead Can Dance, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brian Eno, John Fahey, Faust, John Frusciante (early solo), Grateful Dead, Peter Hammill, Henry Cow, Jandek, Jefferson Airplane, Khanate, King Crimson, Lycia, Meat Puppets, Merzbow, Metallica, Joni Mitchell, The Mothers of Invention, Nico, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd (early), Polvo, Pram, Prince, Radiohead, The Residents, Rudimentary Peni, Klaus Schulze, Sonic Youth, Sun Ra, Swans, Taj Mahal Travellers, Talking Heads, Tangerine Dream, Throbbing Gristle, Amon Tobin, Tortoise, The Velvet Underground, Yes, Neil Young

http://rateyourmusic.com/~hectorg

ASandproud
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2008, 8:03 am

XTC; Cat Power; PiL; Prince & the Revolution; David Bowie; Slayer; Patti Smith; Joy Division; Stevie Wonder; Bjork; The Smiths; Led Zeppelin; Nirvana; Public Enemy; Yeah Yeah Yeahs; Ramones; Pixies; A Tribe Called Quest; PJ Harvey; Dead Kennedys; At the Drive-In; Daisy Chainsaw; Rolling Stones (60s - early 70s); Velvet Underground; Nick Cave; The Beatles; The Beta Band; Bob Marley; Talking Heads; Jeff Buckley; Trembling Blue Stars; Madder Rose; The Shins; Young Marble Giants; Metallica; Big Black; The White Stripes; The Housemartins; Pet Shop Boys; Pavement; Meat Puppets; Siouxsie and the Banshees; Slint; Super Furry Animals;

LOADS more

chever
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 9:26 am

Changes from time to time

Lately, Sodom (thrash metal) and Suicide Commando (dark electro) plus a good deal of random mor lam, believe it or not

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 11:25 pm

Tool
Modest Mouse
ISIS
The Gathering

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2008, 5:08 pm

Genesis, Rush, The Beatles, King Crimson, Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse, Keane, The Secret Machines, Evan and Jaron, Blessid Union Of Souls, Dave Matthews Band, Mew, Queen, Dream Theater, Enchant, Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, No-Man, Nosound, Nine Inch Nails, Filter, Fuel, The Smashing Pumpkins, Echolyn, U2, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, Camel, Black Sabbath (the early albums), Bloc Party, Elbow, Bright Eyes, Chicago, The Jackson 5, Mike and The Mechanics, Crack The Sky, Electric Light Orchesta, Supertramp, The Flaming Lips, The Flower Kings, Marillion, Galleon, IQ, Gentle Giant, Voxtrot, Gong, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Goo Goo Dolls, The Wallflowers, Jethro Tull, The Moody Blues, King's X, Matchbox 20, Modern English, Japan, Pain Of Salvation, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Presto Ballet, REM, Silverchair, Soul Asylum, Stone Temple Pilots, Triumph, Van Halen, Van Der Graaf Generator, The Verve, The Verve Pipe, The White Stripes, The Watch, Yes, Modest Mouse, Riverside, Three

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 10:38 am

The Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Art Brut, The Automatic, Syd Barrett, Battles, Bauhaus, Beach Hous, Beck, Biffy Clyro, bis, Black Kids, Bloc Party, The Blood Brothers, Blur, David Bowie, Bright Eyes, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Clash, The Cure, Daft Punk, Death Cab For Cutie, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, Dresden Dolls, Drive-By Truckers, The Fall, Feist, Flight of the Conchords, The Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, Foals, Foo Fighters, Forward Russia, Franz Ferdinand, Gang of Four, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Grateful Dead, Guster, Hadouken!, The Hold Steady, Hüsker Dü, Interpol, The Jam, Joy Division, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Klaxons, The Long Blondes, Los Campesinos!, April March, Laura Marling, Mates of State, mclusky, Mew, MGMT, M.I.A., Midnight Juggernauts, Mindless Self Indulgence, Minus the Bear, Modest Mouse, Monkey Swallows the Universe, Muse, My Bloody Valentine, My Morning Jacket, Mystery Jets, Kate Nash, Neutral Milk Hotel, Noah and the Whale, No Age, NRBQ, Oasis, Phish, Pink Floyd, Portishead, Public Image Ltd, Pulp, Radiohead, Rilo Kiley, She & Him, Shout Out Louds, Silversun Pickups, Slint, Slowdive, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Regina Spektor, Spoon, The Stone Roses, The Strokes, Tegan and Sara, Television, They Might Be Giants, Thunderbirds Are Now, Tokyo Police Club, Tunng, TV On The Radio, The Undertones, Vampire Weekend, Violent Femmes, We Are Scientists, Weezer, The White Stripes, Wilco, The Wombats, Young Marble Giants, Frank Zappa, The Zutons

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 3:32 pm

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Marshall Tucker Band
Outlaws
Allman Brothers (Yeah you get it, I like Southern Rock)
Eric Stuart Band
Dire Straits
Tom Petty
Bob Seger

least favorite band:
The Dropkick Murphys (I just don't like them, they always sound like they're hacking up a hairball)

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2008, 10:32 am

Meshuggah
Opeth
Nobuo Uematsu
Frank Klepacki
Sonic Syndicate
The Black Mages
As Blood Runs Black
Bring Me The Horizon