Page 43 of 380 [ 6073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 380  Next

neopsytox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2008, 3:18 pm

AIWS, I love your colour bleeds and tonality. It's like a mixture of a dream and awakening during twilight, eyes watered over in a squint, skewing form and applying tint.

http://www.myspace.com/cxareigna
http://cxareign.wordpress.com
http://aspergianologie.wordpress.com

WEIRD is NOT a DISEASE; It's EVOLUTION!

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 5:28 pm

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 11:21 am

AIWS wrote:
and green still life

Ohhhh, pretty! I like. :)

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 8:51 pm

AIWS wrote:
I try to paint Nietzsche...
Oil.

thumbs UP!
great AIWS!

Lemon:
Great!
BTW, (I went to your website) the dog profile is great too, love this style of yours.

AIWS
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2008, 11:07 am

Thank You all very much for the kind support.

Taly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2008, 3:28 pm

My favorite paintors are Van Gogh, Rembramdt, Dali and Magritte. But I don't care about techniques itself, I am interesting in the life and the sense behind the painting. So, besides being AS I am hyperlexic and I taught myself how to paint when I was a child. I did not understand why I did those painting, but now I am an adult, am 21 years old. And I interpretate my own art, years after it happened.

My second coloured painting ever. The face belongs to a friend, she suffered from a terrible disease and she was always smiling and I couldn't understand hapiness and sadness in a moment like that, it was confusing to me. The hands are my cousin's hands she was the only person who went out with me and who touched me. At age 14 I drove myself into depression, anger and pain and became speechless. So hands were my words when I wanted to talk about how I felt. I have never signed any painting, I've named any painting, but someone gave it a name.

This is the copy of a picture I found on the internet, it's an actress called Dakota Fanning. And Having hyperlexia combined with AS was weird, because one of the characteristics of hyperlexia is that when we are kids we distort the world and can't differ something fake from something real, like dolls were humans to me, humans that didn't speak. So that picture was a challange and I gave Dakota fanning a dead look, she looks more alive in the real pic(that's coloured too).

Due to my motor skills people on this board gave me a clue that I may be more like an HFA although, I have a high IQ, here in my country(Brazil) I am labed asperger because of my IQ, but I am so "abstract". So I am still researching and reaching about autism scares me even more.

I paint more realistic nowadays. The older I grew the more I got better without trainning. I also observe clouds and trees a lot and imagine them being painted or being formed in layers, that's my "day dream", I also do it before writing or cleaning my room, I imagine how to do before doing, does it happen to you guys?

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 5:29 pm

thanks computerlove :)
what website do you mean? the one in my signature, or the portfolio i posted a week ago or so (i believe ?)
(didn't you have a website too? i seem to remember such a thing is that possible?)

welcome to wp taly !
i haven't understood the hf autism versus asperger's syndrom either,
i think asperger's syndrom is very alike autism anyway (except for the intelligence)

sometimes i wonder whether asperger's is not like conciously living the fact that you can't control your own mind/body/perception
(which neurotypical people seem to be able to, since they say you have to express/act/behave in certain ways and not in others,
although i'm not sure of that (saying something does not always means it is properly based on something either of course)

i am very curious to see your recent art , like this one very much

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 10:42 pm

neopsytox wrote:
Hopefully the toilet tissue with fix the consistency issue. Thank you again for your advice. I'm going to work on it today, and your English is better than mine even with it being my native language :D

you're welcome neo :)

lemon wrote:
thanks computerlove :)
what website do you mean? the one in my signature, or the portfolio i posted a week ago or so (i believe ?)
(didn't you have a website too? i seem to remember such a thing is that possible?)

hi lemon (:
Yes, I meant your portfolio, you have lots of nice stuff in there (:
I have a website but since I'm "kind of" shy, I never mention it :oops:

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 1:22 am

computerlove wrote:

yippie ! :)
if only i could transform that into work now, it would be perfect !
computerlove wrote:

and is there something that can be done about it? cause i'd like to browse your artwork
(i think i saw it anyway, maybe inventor send it once?)

(who is that in your avatar?)

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 5:45 am

photographed flowers this weekend...

http://www.coroflot.com/public/individu ... sort_by=1&

autumn flowers ...
:)

Taly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2008, 6:12 am

lemon wrote:

autumn flowers ...

LEMON THIS IS MARVELLOUS!! !!

Can you give me suggestion on cameras for someone who wants to become an amateur photographer like me? People are always talking about russian and german lenses. I like Canon in matters of colours and Olympus in matters of sharpness and clairity. I'd like to have an optic zoom above 8x. No digital camera is perfect because you can't trick their lenses. But I have no idea about cameras and everybody confuses me about them a lot.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 1:55 pm

Taly wrote:
lemon wrote:

autumn flowers ...

LEMON THIS IS MARVELLOUS!! !!

Can you give me suggestion on cameras for someone who wants to become an amateur photographer like me? People are always talking about russian and german lenses. I like Canon in matters of colours and Olympus in matters of sharpness and clairity. I'd like to have an optic zoom above 8x. No digital camera is perfect because you can't trick their lenses. But I have no idea about cameras and everybody confuses me about them a lot.

if you are rich you can buy yourself a 'reflex camera', they can take pictures without having to wait a fraction of a second, so it takes the picture when you click (as the old analogue cameras did)

the best quality is still an analogue camera (with different lenses, it is better to have different lenses and not one that is from 35mm to 100something, but different lenses is expensive of course), but with analogue you have to have them developped, and you can't judge the result immediately.

i heard a 'nikon' is the best camera, but there are a lot of good cameras and indeed the lens is what makes the difference
if you want close ups like my flowers, make sure you can go as low as 2,7 diafragma, then you have a blurry background and a sharp flower, is often interesting and you have better possibilities when less light.

i can explain more on diafragma and closer time if you want to, that's what you need to learn when making pictures (you can also search tutorials on this of course, you need to learn things like: you cannot take a sharp picture if the closing time is less 1/60, or 1/125 if you don't have a steady hand)

Owendust
Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2008, 4:28 am

Here's a random sketch that I did in pen while I was sitting on the couch, resting my broken back (2 fractured vertebrae), back in May. It takes up a normal 8.5"x11" page.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 3:51 pm

My http://miles-unfiltered.blogspot.com/ contains quite a bit of my current work. You just gotta sort through the rubble. A link at the bottom of my blog goes directly to much of my older work- some of it very pedestrian.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 12:23 am

Nocturnal: that's impressive!! !! !! !! !! !! 8O I love it!! !! !
Owen: great, ink???

lemon wrote:
computerlove wrote:

yippie ! :)
if only i could transform that into work now, it would be perfect !
computerlove wrote:

and is there something that can be done about it? cause i'd like to browse your artwork
(i think i saw it anyway, maybe inventor send it once?)

(who is that in your avatar?)

I'll update my site, mostly design work, I'll give you the link maybe by next week when it's done :)

Lemon, you should definitely focus on something like the rat at your portfolio, that style looks very very awesome, I think there's a future in there.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

09 Oct 2008, 3:16 am

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
My http://miles-unfiltered.blogspot.com/ contains quite a bit of my current work. You just gotta sort through the rubble. A link at the bottom of my blog goes directly to much of my older work- some of it very pedestrian.

Man, I would love to see "Tulip II" done in stained glass.

Edit:
computerlove wrote:
Owen: great, ink???

Just a standard bic ball-point pen.

Edit 2: Here are a few sculpts that I've done:

A rose I sculpted as a mother's day gift a few years ago. Medium: Super Sculpey

An old, unfinished demon sculpt. Medium: WED clay
ImageImage

Here's the first full head I sculpted, back in 2003, cast in latex.