Page 44 of 378 [ 6039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 378  Next

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Age: 120
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,985

09 Oct 2008, 6:23 am

lotusblossom wrote:
Here is my entry for the national autistics societies creativity competition :D

sorry if its too big, I am not good with computers :?



Image


That's beautiful and so touching. So sad and yet so beautiful.


_________________
Into the dark...


Taly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 144
Location: Rain Forest

09 Oct 2008, 7:14 am

OWENDUST!! !! I AM YOU FAN!! !! !! ! 8O



computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,791

09 Oct 2008, 10:29 am

Owendust wrote:
Here's the first full head I sculpted, back in 2003, cast in latex.
Image

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMN!! !! !! !! !
that's fcking awsome man! are you a professional?


_________________
One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.


chella
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 124
Location: in the toaster

09 Oct 2008, 8:24 pm

Image

Made this in photoshop from a few photos I took.


_________________
I'm an alien sent from the present, to tell you it's the future.


Owendust
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 115
Location: Southern California

10 Oct 2008, 4:56 am

Thanks, Taly and Complove.

Yeah, I've been working as a special effects make-up artist in Hollywood for almost 4 years now. I sculpt prosthetics, make molds, cast latex and silicone, fabricate costumes, build models, take life-casts, paint (usually airbrush), and apply make-up on set for commercials, music videos, TV and movies.

It's a great job for an aspie, because most of the people in this industry have some sort of "personality quirk." In fact, one day, my closest friend at work decided to confide in me that she had something called Asperger's syndrome. I just started laughing and told her that I was diagnosed with it about 5 years before.

I have a bunch of youtube videos of my work on my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/darklydreamingdustin
You can click on the picture of the demon to see more pics of my work.



computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,791

10 Oct 2008, 10:33 am

Owendust wrote:
Thanks, Taly and Complove.

Yeah, I've been working as a special effects make-up artist in Hollywood for almost 4 years now. I sculpt prosthetics, make molds, cast latex and silicone, fabricate costumes, build models, take life-casts, paint (usually airbrush), and apply make-up on set for commercials, music videos, TV and movies.

It's a great job for an aspie, because most of the people in this industry have some sort of "personality quirk." In fact, one day, my closest friend at work decided to confide in me that she had something called Asperger's syndrome. I just started laughing and told her that I was diagnosed with it about 5 years before.

I have a bunch of youtube videos of my work on my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/darklydreamingdustin
You can click on the picture of the demon to see more pics of my work.


*goes to check page*



8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Tropic Thunder!! !
Mentos!! !
Harley Davidson!! !
Don't mess with the Zohan!! !
Cold Case!! !


8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

W O W

Owen, you rule man, show more!! !


_________________
One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.


lemon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,113
Location: belgium

11 Oct 2008, 5:23 pm

nice stuff !

owendust i like the pirhana very much (but i don't know all these names computerlove is so enthousiastic about, sorry)
pretty cool monster too ! !
(a student once made a latex model, i still remember how i suffered when they put stuff on my face and it came into my nose and i could not breath no more, scary. they gave me the plaster model)


nocturnalquilter,
it seems we share the obsession for coloured and patterned textile (i have a few drawers filled, have made clothes for myself, a few dolls and so), i wonder do you also have hundreds of different beads? i learned to sew when i was about 15/16,
but now i am painting all the time (but it will come back some day :) )
i like the goldfish very much!

yeah, computerlove (i'll patiently wait for your website :) ), i am focusing on the children's illustrations for the moment, i am working on a poetry book for little ones
here is another one
Image


for the moment i have a terrible pattern obsession ...
http://www.coroflot.com/public/individu ... _id=169417

i think this one is my favorite:

Image



computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,791

11 Oct 2008, 7:42 pm

lemon wrote:
owendust i like the pirhana very much (but i don't know all these names computerlove is so enthousiastic about, sorry)

yeah, computerlove (i'll patiently wait for your website :) ), i am focusing on the children's illustrations for the moment, i am working on a poetry book for little ones
here is another one


owendust has done work on very very BIG names, HUGE names
mentos is a candy
tropic thunder is a movie with ben stiller (zoolander, polly) and robert downey jr. (Ironman!)
Harley Davidson is "just" a legend in the motorcycles company, it's huge
Cold case is a tv show




Lemon: Nice to know you're focusing on that, it's great =)

http://www.coroflot.com/public/individu ... sort_by=1&
BTW, just saw this one, it R U L E S
is it oils?


_________________
One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.


sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,488
Location: Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

11 Oct 2008, 10:42 pm

lemon wrote:
nice stuff !



i think this one is my favorite:

Image


oooh, pretty patterns! 8O

Merle


_________________
Alis volat propriis
State Motto of Oregon


Owendust
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 115
Location: Southern California

12 Oct 2008, 3:20 am

:oops: Thank you, Complove :)

I was lucky enough to get into a small studio, called Anatomorphex ( www.anatomorphex.com ), where I was able to get my hands on almost all aspects of the projects we worked on. For the most part, it's usually been my crazy hippy boss (who is generally on the computer, reading emails and placing bids) and me, with help brought in for larger projects.

Thanks, Lemon. Usually, when I do a life-cast of a face, there are two of us doing it, and we take extra care to keep the alginate from going into the person's nose. I'm usually pretty claustrophobic and thought I might freak out a bit when I had mine done, but I trusted my friends who were doing it and just escaped into the nice, warm cocoon of my own mind for a while.

I love your picture of the birds. It's so soft. I can almost feel the textures. The blue looks so comforting amidst the harshness of the red background.



cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 296
Location: UK

15 Oct 2008, 12:13 pm

Image



Last edited by cataspie on 16 Oct 2008, 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,791

15 Oct 2008, 3:05 pm

Owendust wrote:
:oops: Thank you, Complove :)

I was lucky enough to get into a small studio, called Anatomorphex ( www.anatomorphex.com ), where I was able to get my hands on almost all aspects of the projects we worked on. For the most part, it's usually been my crazy hippy boss (who is generally on the computer, reading emails and placing bids) and me, with help brought in for larger projects.

Thanks, Lemon. Usually, when I do a life-cast of a face, there are two of us doing it, and we take extra care to keep the alginate from going into the person's nose. I'm usually pretty claustrophobic and thought I might freak out a bit when I had mine done, but I trusted my friends who were doing it and just escaped into the nice, warm cocoon of my own mind for a while.

I love your picture of the birds. It's so soft. I can almost feel the textures. The blue looks so comforting amidst the harshness of the red background.


congrats man (:



cataspie: dude, it looks good, but please post a biggah one!!


_________________
One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.


lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,994

15 Oct 2008, 4:10 pm

sunshower wrote:
lotusblossom wrote:
Here is my entry for the national autistics societies creativity competition :D

sorry if its too big, I am not good with computers :?



Image


That's beautiful and so touching. So sad and yet so beautiful.


Thanks Sunshower :D .

It really represents how I feel. I think its really hard being a parent with AS as I have a glass wall beween me and others and with the kids having ASD too, its like double glasing. It doesnt matter how far in the spiritual journey I get, I am still far from my children which is the one place I want to be close too.



cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 296
Location: UK

16 Oct 2008, 6:35 am

cataspie: dude, it looks good, but please post a biggah one!![/quote]

It looked rubbish that big,i have shrunk it down.



computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,791

16 Oct 2008, 9:10 am

cataspie wrote:
cataspie: dude, it looks good, but please post a biggah one!!


It looked rubbish that big,i have shrunk it down.[/quote]
cool, you posted a bigger one (:
It's pencil right? Looks like the paper has some texture, canson maybe?
*thumbs up*


_________________
One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.


lemon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,113
Location: belgium