Page 280 of 393 [ 6279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 393  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 6:33 pm

Makayla, I like the way you colored her hair and eyes! :)

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:05 pm

I would like this drawing challenge:
Draw your favorite Mollusk and Arthopod.

I hope you will not find this difficult.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 11:05 pm

Sekhotep's Side Anatomy
Oh look, I drew my OC Sekhotep nekkid!

Actually this is my attempt to get her body type nailed down without clothes obstructing the view. Sekhotep's supposed to be a lean and athletic character, but since African women like her tend to store a greater proportion of their body fat in the gluteal area (the phenomenon is called steatopygia), she still has a quality backside. Actually some of that booty is muscle built up by exercise too, thus enhancing her speed.

I hope the anatomy came out all right. In retrospect I might need to thicken her thighs up at the back.

I'm inevitably going to get flak for sexualizing a black female character here, but to be completely frank I don't care. The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with sexy images of women by themselves. It's when you reduce women to sex toys, as if they served no purpose other than the sexual gratification of men, that the sexism emerges. Sekhotep is meant to be sexy, but as my story's protagonist, her characterization will go a lot deeper than a mere sex toy. Besides, dark-skinned black women don't get the sexy treatment nearly enough in my opinion.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Aug 2013, 11:37 pm

IdahoRose wrote:

Thanks!

Is that China in your avatar? That's awesome. :)

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 12:33 am

'Twas musing on the evolution of our drawing styles, and it made me wonder if my style looks cartoon-like to anyone here. I don't normally think of myself as aiming for a particular style when I draw, but I have received more than one comment saying my style is cartoon-like and I think I understand what they mean. I certainly wouldn't call my stuff photo-realistic or even detailed like most comic book art.

Though now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind having a Disney-like art style... (e.g. this)

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:02 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Thanks!

Hello.

Do you know what I find ironic? You say you draw animals, and I have yet to see a single fish, reptile, amphibian, bird, gastropod, arachnid, insect, crustacean, cephalopod, annelids, or in fact something not of mammalian characteristics in your gallery. Which of these will you draw?

Here's two pictures. I hope you find at least one of these two creatures cute.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 2:00 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Thanks!

I think it's China to the right, the other one is Maya from Ace Attorney.

Author/Writer

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 2:08 am

As a matter of fact, I hate spiders. Also large cephalopods.

Now that I still have animation and drawing styles on my minds...

Sekhotep Goes Dreamworks
I wanted to draw my OC Sekhotep in another artistic style from the usual, and this time I picked the old Dreamworks animation style seen in movies like Prince of Egypt, The Road to El Dorado, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. That’s right, kids, there was once a time when Dreamworks made 2D animation that wasn’t chock full of jokes and pop culture references!

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 2:24 am

BrandonSP wrote:
As a matter of fact, I hate spiders. Also large cephalopods.

So, you kill an animal that keeps your house free of small insects which invade it for no money what so ever, while at the same time creating some rather interesting decor?

I bet you also hate Prometheus because it was "scary". Guess what, it's a scifi horror movie. HORROR MOVIES ARE SUPPOSE TO BE SCARY!

Ah well. I guess I won't get it to you how necessary spiders are to the ecosystem. Really, they are like cats were originally, which is to say, pest control. Also, buzzards are too.

Maybe this article will help quell your fear:
http://bogleech.com/arachnophobia.html
What, are you afraid?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Aug 2013, 3:08 am

Anarbaculardrop wrote:
Hello.

Do you know what I find ironic? You say you draw animals, and I have yet to see a single fish, reptile, amphibian, bird, gastropod, arachnid, insect, crustacean, cephalopod, annelids, or in fact something not of mammalian characteristics in your gallery. Which of these will you draw?

To be honest, none of them. I've only said that I can draw some animals. And I certainly won't draw anything with more than four legs, because my mom is absolutely terrified of bugs and I usually show her my stuff for quality control.

And to be blunt, the way you're interacting with all of us is completely and utterly inappropriate. Making fun of other users because they have a preference to not draw is something is not only mean, it's immature and disrespectful. You either come in here to post art, compliment on other's art, or give a constructive critique on a drawing. You need to think before you post, because your words can be interpreted differently by other people, even if you mean no harm.

*promptly ends the lecture and moves on to make a cup of tea*

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:41 am

@ Anarbaculardrop
I have never even seen the movie Prometheus. I get that spiders play a vital role in their native ecosystems, but that doesn't mean their appearance can't still creep me out. Let's not forget that there are poisonous spider species too.

AManAPlan
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2013, 8:51 am

Here are some pictures i painted on a nightstand for a friend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50470525@N02/9402976908/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50470525@N02/9400210637/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50470525@N02/9400207759/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50470525@N02/9400204893/
http://flic.kr/p/fjUzVo

[Mod. edit: for images to be displayed in a post, using the [img]...[/img] tags, you will need to provide a URL starting with "http" and ending with an image file name. Posting the URL of a site which happens to display an image will not work, therefore the URLs you provided above have been changed to clickable URLs so people can just click on them to see your images]

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 10:42 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Anarbaculardrop wrote:
Hello.

To be honest, none of them. I've only said that I can draw some animals. And I certainly won't draw anything with more than four legs, because my mom is absolutely terrified of bugs and I usually show her my stuff for quality control.

And to be blunt, the way you're interacting with all of us is completely and utterly inappropriate. Making fun of other users because they have a preference to not draw is something is not only mean, it's immature and disrespectful. You either come in here to post art, compliment on other's art, or give a constructive critique on a drawing. You need to think before you post, because your words can be interpreted differently by other people, even if you mean no harm.

*promptly ends the lecture and moves on to make a cup of tea*

F**K. Your right. I'm a douche.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:08 pm

@ AManAPlan

Those are some gorgeous and detailed flowers you have there!

My newest portrait of Yeshua of Nazareth, better known in the West as Jesus Christ. I’m not Christian or any other type of religious person, but occasionally I do like to draw Biblical characters like Jesus. I guess it’s because I like going against the artistic orthodoxy of making them look European and instead color them as olive-skinned Middle Easterners like Arabs, which is how I believe they actually looked.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:56 pm

Anarbaculardrop wrote:
I bet you also hate Prometheus because it was "scary". Guess what, it's a scifi horror movie. HORROR MOVIES ARE SUPPOSE TO BE SCARY!

I hate it because A, it wasn't scary, B, it posed more questions then it answered, and C, it was a prequel that didn't match up with the other Alien movies.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 4:11 pm

Anarbaculardrop wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Thanks!

Hello.

Here's two pictures. I hope you find at least one of these two creatures cute.

AHMAHGAWD, FUZZY JUMPING SPIDER!! ! :D