Page 309 of 393 [ 6280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 393  Next

Onewithwings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

I'm very interested in all this digital art. I could never get the hang of it. I don't have photoshop anymore, I lost the key code for my adobe suite 4 which had CS4, and my old computer broke and I had to get a new one.

I made this in paint, though, when my son was teething:

What is a good software program for digital art?

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Feb 2014, 12:59 am

im still waiting on part 3

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2014, 11:28 am

BrandonSP wrote:
^ What software did you use to draw that! I'm guessing Google Sketchup.

If that was regarding the mech drawing, I colored a scan of my pencil drawing using Adobe Photoshop.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 7:17 pm

Always Be Alert
This huntress must maintain constant vigilance as she prowls in the jungle's shadowed depths, lest one of its predators ambushes her. Thankfully her ebony skin and lithe frame blend her into the darkness of the understory.

I drew this on a piece of sketchbook paper that couldn't fit into my scanner, so I had to use my iPhone to photograph it. At least it was a fun exercise in returning to traditional drawing methods.

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2014, 5:10 am

i drew this a long time ago. it was the first drawing i did that i actually had a set of pencils to work with rather than just a number two.

freddie_mercury
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2014, 10:07 am

I am a graphic designer - not much skill with a paint brush/pen. But here is one of the more recent pieces I did for my son's birthday. I printed all four, but I only printed Iron Man in full poster size. The others were just on standard card stock for his bulletin board.

I wanted to ensure that I added a touch of blood around the edges - I didn't want him to completely forget about the fact that all of these people have taken the lives of others.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 10:11 pm

Onewithwings wrote:
I'm very interested in all this digital art. I could never get the hang of it. I don't have photoshop anymore, I lost the key code for my adobe suite 4 which had CS4, and my old computer broke and I had to get a new one.

I made this in paint, though, when my son was teething:

What is a good software program for digital art?

I really like that, funny because it's true. Gimp is free is considered by some to be a rival to adobe.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 11:55 pm

Colorized version of "Always Be Aware". If you are curious, this lady's outfit is cut out from dinosaur skins, which I felt befitted a character inspired by comic-book jungle girls. The dark marks on her face and thighs are meant to be ritual scarifications.

When colorizing this in Photoshop, I put all the colors on a layer set to the "Hard Light" blending mode. The results didn't come out the way I would prefer, but the alternative blending modes seemed even less attractive.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 12:06 pm

Creeping on Citipati
Sneaking through the tropical undergrowth with the stealth of a black panther, this huntress has her eyes on a wary Citipati osmolskae (a cousin of Oviraptor).

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2014, 5:55 pm

A Skyrim orc...

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:22 pm

^That is impressive!

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm

More drawings of Carsa.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:02 pm

stabilator wrote:
A Skyrim orc...

[pic]

Badass man!!

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:04 pm

Female Brownie
Her name still pending. Sketched on mixed media paper and watercolored.

PS: Got a new piece done, which I am way prouder off, will post it when I get it uploaded later on.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 5:11 pm

stabilator wrote:
A Skyrim orc...

[pic]

I second the badass comment. :)

I came up with these three characters while musing on one of my older and longer-standing story concepts, in which a decimated tribe of Norsemen ally with the Egyptians against villainous Greeks. I’ve always been partial to the idea of European and African people teaming up to fight a common Mediterranean enemy.

Anyway, Bjorn is supposed to be the Norse hero of the story, Adrastos is the Greek villain, and Iseret is Bjorn’s Egyptian ally and eventual girlfriend.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 9:24 pm

Brunar of Norheim
Brunar spent his early years as a hunter-gatherer in the frigid northern continent of Norheim, but a brutal twist of fate sent his decimated people fleeing across the sea to Uzuri in the far south. Brunar's parents argue over how best to lead their community; Brunar's father opts for a peaceful resettlement while his mother swears a bloody vengeance upon the Aridians whose ravages caused the Norheimers' exodus in the first place. Brunar himself leans towards his mother's side of the argument, if only because fighting in a war could give him an opportunity to prove his manly valor.

Originally Brunar was going to be a Norseman named Bjorn, but I gave him a name change and cultural makeover as I rethought his setting. His inspiration is now more Paleolithic Cro-Magnon than anything else.