Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 9:56 pm

I think someone in my life has been downplaying my ability to form relationships & just be good to people in general. She's a gossip who interfered between me & someone who knows me very well, whom I care a lot about. She's prejudiced against mental disorders & / or disabilities.

I only learned about this / inferred that this might be the case recently. I no longer trust this gossiping individual & I made this known to my good friend's brother, we're all friends anyway. I'll be in touch with everyone sooner or later as soon as she's in check. Another friend doesn't want to be in the same building as this gossiping individual. I didn't understand why until 2 days ago.

I've been played, I miss everybody. I know enough to know not to blame anyone I love romantically for mind games anymore so help me out please!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

If they do that, they're not your friends. Friendship is like and reject the same things. It also occurred to me of several judging me for my disabilities.If it's just a criticism it'll take a while to Abdo.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 11:42 pm

Well this person has a history of isolating others & instigation. I can make a pretty strong statement to my other friends by leaving but I'll probably just stand my ground & forget about the whole thing.

I'm not abandoning my true friends over my fake friend's bad attitude. I'll be in touch with all of them soon enough.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 11:52 pm

The gossip shouldn’t prevent you from contacting your friend.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 11:57 pm

Not speaking *both of* their native language makes that difficult for me. I don't like texting & nobody is really into phone calls these days, plus I don't want any social media accounts. I would rather still be patient & see her (m'lady) when I've had more time to relax.

That or I might not be in the picture much longer. I'm an aspie, I've been chased away from everywhere I just wanted to chill my whole life. If that doesn't change I'll do the hermit thing.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 12:14 am

I kind of misread this:

kraftiekortie wrote:
The gossip shouldn’t prevent you from contacting your friend.

No, she shouldn't, but she has before & it always seemed fishy to me, but now I know why.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 7:47 am

"negative gossip"?

All gossip is negative

Even compliments are as judgmental as insults

Besides, statements often get misheard or misunderstood

Especially conceptual slippage

Slippery slope

Vague and subjective

Manipulative

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 12:03 pm

Yeah, this gossip took advantage of me. She's my roommate & I supplied the whole deposit.

I told her to stop harassing me or I will press charges with a printout of all her texts.

She's clearly mentally ill & also works as a psych counselor. She's delusional, somewhat violent & highly antisocial.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 12:54 pm

I told this person I can print out her texts & charge her with harassment. She's been on a psychotic rampage among many of my friends for years. She's either going to grow up or be gone.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 1:16 pm

cberg wrote:
Well this person has a history of isolating others & instigation. I can make a pretty strong statement to my other friends by leaving but I'll probably just stand my ground & forget about the whole thing.

I'm not abandoning my true friends over my fake friend's bad attitude. I'll be in touch with all of them soon enough.

Sounds right. The best way to deal with people who enjoy causing chaos is ignore them.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 2:22 pm

My phone was off for half of the last four days. I've never experienced this much shaming over my brain, which by many accounts gets more work done than the gossip. I'll get a restraining order if I need to keep her from isolating me further but I'm hoping she just takes her own medicine & goes for a mental eval.

It's painfully obvious she's the one responsible for many things going wrong in my life & I don't really ever care to know why. I'm just going to forgive people directly for all the disrespect she instigated.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:17 pm

I let her back in my house (myself & my other roommate pay more rent & do more maintenance than she does); this person is on really thin ice with me. It's a zero tolerance policy from now on with her disrespect & prejudice. If she wants to treat my disability as retardation, she can learn to drive stick & write code. For that matter she can pick up a toolbox & mow the lawn for once. I don't care about gender roles & I never did at all. If someone isn't handy & they treat me this way, they're on their own minus my mechanal & techical ability.

No more free tech support, wrenching, car advice, drugs or alcohol. She's cut off. Burnt herself to a crisp & has no one else to blame.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 6:41 pm

I have no idea what to do people. If we let my thread die, I might not have a house in a week.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 7:10 pm

Hi cberg!
You sounded pretty resolute from your previous post. What happened since then?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 8:35 pm

pee in her f'n coffee

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 9:33 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
Hi cberg!
You sounded pretty resolute from your previous post. What happened since then?

Actually nothing, except I was able to shower & snooze on a Thursday morning after my conference call instead of my roommate's boyfriend hogging the bathroom while I yelled at him not to interrupt me.

I kicked that guy out for not paying rent. I'm cooler with him than I am with my roommate as of now because I had to have him tell her how poorly she was behaving. I just told him he should be cautious dating my roommate due to this being a repeating pattern in her behavior. Roommate called a truce with me because I informed her I could simply send the state regulatory boards her messages & likely nullify her psych degree.