Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 3:36 am

public information film

Its about a minute long

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 12:56 pm

General rule for internet dating - don't ever pay for anything your opposite wants of you until you met first time in real life and even afterwards stay carefully with anything like that. If your opposite dislikes any video chat then they are most likely scammers who use fake accounts and pics. Autistic people are more vulnerable for becoming the victims of betrayers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Apr 2021, 10:14 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
General rule for internet dating - don't ever pay for anything your opposite wants of you until you met first time in real life and even afterwards stay carefully with anything like that. If your opposite dislikes any video chat then they are most likely scammers who use fake accounts and pics. Autistic people are more vulnerable for becoming the victims of betrayers.
It's fairly common for some of us on the spectrum to dislike video-chat things. I've been using desktop computers since the summer of 2001 & I never had a video-cam for them & never 1ce video-chatted on my phone or any other way. My girlfriend is also on the spectrum or at least has lots of overlapping issues & she never video-chats & she hates the idea of telehealth stuff that's being forced on us now due to the pandemic. I agree with the other stuff you said thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

12 Apr 2021, 4:09 am

I was thinking the same thing. I've video chatted maybe twice in my life and then only with close family and I don't even have a device I could do it with at my house. However, I don't want to say that and make people less wary of potential scammers!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Apr 2021, 5:28 am

OutsideView wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. I've video chatted maybe twice in my life and then only with close family and I don't even have a device I could do it with at my house. However, I don't want to say that and make people less wary of potential scammers!
Your absolutely rite people need to be cautious when online dating. I think it would be good for those of us who dislike vid-chatting to do it 1ce in the beggining of an online relationship. It doesn't have to be a long conversation. Even a short vid-chat would be enough to tell that we didn't steal someone elses pix.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition