Speed dating event hopefully this summer

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 8:35 pm

A speed dating event in my area was supposed to happen for Valentine’s Day weekend but it got postponed due to the inclement weather that hit my state especially hard. However, it got postponed again due to the host wanting more people to sign up for it. It was supposed to happen again in the middle of March but was postponed yet again due to “Wedding Season” and the next hopeful time will be this summer. There is no exact date for it and I hope it will actually happen since every other avenue I have tried for the last few months has been unsuccessful for me.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

03 Apr 2021, 4:50 am

I've still got my fingers crossed for you Marknis!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 6:43 am

Is this the only speed dating event in your area?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 11:44 am

OutsideView wrote:
I've still got my fingers crossed for you Marknis!

Thank you. I hope they don’t pull the rug out from under me again.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is this the only speed dating event in your area?

It is. When I look up other dating events online, they just point to Austin. In the Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood metropolitan region, it’s generally assumed that you’ll meet someone at church. I once attended a church singles group but it was unproductive. There were more men than women and the men assumed I was a sports fanatic just like them so I immediately felt anxious.

Interestingly, on the outskirts of Temple, there is a Hindu temple since we have a lot of Indian doctors in the medical field here. Unfortunately, it sometimes gets confused for a mosque even by those who’ve never seen one before; they just assume it is because it doesn’t look like a church even though a lot of churches around here just look like run of the mill buildings. There are a lot of Indian women I find attractive but they tend to have an arranged marriage awaiting them due to the Hindu faith and I didn’t go to a city public school so I didn’t get to make friends with them. I once checked out some library items to an Indian girl who was wearing a heavy metal themed t-shirt and had some spikes, IIRC. She was walking around with a guy so she might have been coupled up. I would’ve dated her if I had the chance.

Last edited by Marknis on 03 Apr 2021, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 11:47 am

Never put all your eggs in one basket....

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 11:57 am

I am just not sure what other avenues I can take.

Made an edit to my previous post.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:20 pm

There needs to be more events (Especially non-religious ones) for those who are in there 20’s-30’s in my area. Most social events cater to children and the elderly.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 10:19 pm

Like many here on WP, I wish you the best of luck Brother Marknis even though the event
won't be happening until this summer!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 8:46 pm

I hope this event will be the turning point I’ve been hoping for.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 10:42 pm

I also have my fingers crossed for you. I hope you find your perfect match.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 8:51 pm

I don’t know if I should take a break from this place until I know when the event will happen or not.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 8:38 pm

I so wanna try that sometime.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 8:41 pm

Marknis wrote:
A speed dating event in my area was supposed to happen for Valentine’s Day weekend but it got postponed due to the inclement weather that hit my state especially hard. However, it got postponed again due to the host wanting more people to sign up for it. It was supposed to happen again in the middle of March but was postponed yet again due to “Wedding Season” and the next hopeful time will be this summer. There is no exact date for it and I hope it will actually happen since every other avenue I have tried for the last few months has been unsuccessful for me.

You so need to let us know how it goes.. I'm totally intrigued!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 2:31 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
Marknis wrote:

You so need to let us know how it goes.. I'm totally intrigued!

Hopefully others are willing to wait for summer for me to get back to them.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:56 pm

If the event is unsuccessful, will it mean every avenue is truly a dead end for me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:02 pm

No....it wouldn't mean that. And that's for damn sure.