Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 10:47 am

I guarantee that you won’t find a suitable mate that way......but have your fun, anyway.....

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 1:33 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
A little update but I switched to a different city in The Phillipines and I got 115 matches!

That's crazy!

Try Rabat or Casablanca in Morocco.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:05 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
A little update but I switched to a different city in The Phillipines and I got 115 matches!

That's crazy!

Be aware of lots of fake accounts and scammers who want you to pay only for whatever (e.g. 'investments'). It's also pretty common for women on dating sites to use very old pics for looking younger. You should insist on a video call for validating that they are real and even looking the way that they do in the photos. Some few of them are honest of course but stay really carefully. Good luck!

Last edited by magz on 09 Apr 2021, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.: Changing to race-neutral language

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 4:44 pm

^^ 99% of fake accounts and scammers I encountered on tinder before were portrayed as white women.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 6:41 pm

Just be aware that there are many people in poverty-stricken countries who would love to get married to a "First Worlder"----so they can get their Green Card, or whatever else enables them to remain in a country.

Most of them have good intentions: feeding their family "back home." Or making a "new life" for themselves in their "new" country.

Last edited by magz on 09 Apr 2021, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.: Changing to race-neutral language

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 9:16 pm

now that LGBT may marry, i wonder when will be the first SSM between nations will occur.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Apr 2021, 2:04 am

! magz wrote:
Due to current racial tensions in the USA, please, try to word your advice in a way avoiding feeding stereotypes.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:43 am

magz wrote:
Due to current racial tensions in the USA, please, try to word your advice in a way avoiding feeding stereotypes.

Yes, I didn't like this green card/Asian association. Those may be poor countries, true, but they're often too proud to beg a man for a green card.

IrreversibleMistakes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Apr 2021, 11:44 am

Indeed, American or European man is valued more elsewhere. I fully believe in SMV theory and thus I am worthless.

I know U don't like showing up our story, but pleae,see the scheule.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 11:45 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
Yes, I didn't like this green card/Asian association. Those may be poor countries, true, but they're often too proud to beg a man for a green card.
I have noticed that the vast majority of first-generation Asian, European, and Pacific-Islander immigrants are degreed professionals in the engineering or medical fields, and that they come to this country on EB-2 Visas, requiring only a 4-year "Bachelor's" degree and maybe a sponsoring employer.  Most were already married, and were eventually able to bring their families over.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 5:24 am

I wasn’t making a racist statement. That is an incorrect assumption. I am not a racist. I advocate for all races to live together.

There are truly many people all over the world who feel too much pride to “ask for a green card.”

But the fact is: there are people around the world seeking a new life in a new country. This has been going on for quite a few years. Some of these people, these days, happen to be on online dating sites.

Most of those people don’t have bad intentions. But there’s an element of them who would drop a vulnerable man or woman like a hot potato once they get permanent residence in a new country. That is a fact. These people come in all races and ethnicities.

I feel hurt that it is assumed I am a racist. Because that is not a fact,

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Apr 2021, 5:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wasn’t making a racist statement. That is an incorrect assumption. I am not a racist. I advocate for all races to live together.

There are truly many people all over the world who feel too much pride to “ask for a green card.”

But the fact is: there are people around the world seeking a new life in a new country. This has been going on for quite a few years. Some of these people, these days, happen to be on online dating sites.

Most of those people don’t have bad intentions. But there’s an element of them who would drop a vulnerable man or woman like a hot potato once they get permanent residence in a new country. That is a fact. These people come in all races and ethnicities.

I absolutely don't believe you had anything racist in mind. It's just a very touchy topic so weighting words is necessary not to lose the message in possibly triggering associations.

I am one of the ethnicities that not long ago were among the green card hunters. Many people wanting a new life in the west are willing to fulfill their part of the deal and be great spouses and workers - but, obviously, frauds happen.
Definitely, no one should marry without knowing well the person - and this advice is independent of ethnicity, culture and economy :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 5:52 am

Agreed. I know such people myself—who have “fulfilled their end of the bargain.”

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 6:47 am

magz wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I absolutely don't believe you had anything racist in mind. It's just a very touchy topic so weighting words is necessary not to lose the message in possibly triggering associations.

I am one of the ethnicities that not long ago were among the green card hunters. Many people wanting a new life in the west are willing to fulfill their part of the deal and be great spouses and workers - but, obviously, frauds happen.
Definitely, no one should marry without knowing well the person - and this advice is independent of ethnicity, culture and economy :D

It should not be a 'deal' in the first place.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 7:45 am

It should not be....but it often starts out by being a “deal.”

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Apr 2021, 3:10 am

Let's remember that people want to survive first...