Do you miss someone right now?

Page 169 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170  Next

GenerationX
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2021, 9:25 am

AbigailzPg wrote:
I miss my father very much. He died 10 years ago.

Terribly sorry for your loss...my condolences. I hope the pain eases somehow.

GenerationX
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2021, 9:28 am

Do I miss someone? Erm, I miss simple things like cuddling, hugs, sharing popcorn, sharing laughs, very affectionate person but I have no one to share that with so in essence I miss someone I haven't met yet but I hold onto hope. :oops: :heart:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 10:36 pm

Always

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 11:34 pm

I don’t seem to be capable of missing people, and it makes me feel really guilty.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 11:37 pm

I don’t really “miss” people all that much.

I don’t feel guilty about that. Because I treat people decently.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 12:53 am

I miss my Osteopath. He's only allowed doing Acupuncture during Covid, and it's a three month wait-list.

I miss my boy who is still in Australia, now with a permanent Visa stutus.

I miss the man who taught me to be me, on Wednesday night,

same question

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 12:07 am

I miss everyone right now. 8O

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2021, 4:54 pm

Yes, but harping on about it doesn't seem to do them any good.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 10:09 pm

sigh :evil:

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 3:44 pm

Yes!! !

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 3:46 pm

GenerationX wrote:
Do I miss someone? Erm, I miss simple things like cuddling, hugs, sharing popcorn, sharing laughs, very affectionate person but I have no one to share that with so in essence I miss someone I haven't met yet but I hold onto hope. :oops: :heart:

Totally! That's pretty much all that is missing from my life. Sigh :-(

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 4:30 pm

Lots of people, but three are emblematic:

Long time ago: My childhood best friend was a couple years younger than me. When I "grew up" and my interests changed, they didn't follow, and we drifted apart. More like I drifted away. It was also made weird when they kissed me. Had I actually "grown up" and become sentimental sooner than I did, I would have re-connected with them as an adult, but that didn't happen in time. My friend died when they were forty.

Some time ago: My adult best friend did the reverse. It was they who drifted away. Took a while for me to realize, but eventually it became clear even to me. I was the only one initiating contact.

Recently: Met someone and they started calling me a great friend before I realized we were friends at all. I never understood it, but sure, I wanted to be friends. Wanted to believe their words rather than their (lack of) action. But now I don't see them anymore, they are avoiding me on facebook, ghosting me in text, and refusing to talk to me on the phone. Effectively out of my life.

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2021, 10:28 pm

no

RVFlowers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2021, 3:38 am

I miss my ex boyfriend right now. I was the one who broke up over a week ago, from a 2,5yr relationship, but it was a wake up call for us both to see we had been ignoring each other's wishes. He visited once, we cried our eyeballs out and said we loved each other truly, but he asked for a time out to clear things out. I have not seen him, barely texted him, and it both missing him and contacting him gets tougher by the day. He needs time, but I am not sure what I will get in the end.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 10:18 pm

I miss my ex-boyfriend who is my friend now, I miss my mom & Walter (ASS-P)

Champagne supernova
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2021, 9:38 am

Yes I miss a loved one. We were close at college, and promised to meet up after university. But we met at New year's eve when we both came home for Xmas holidays and had a night together. We saw each other briefly a few times over the next year and had a few other brief nights together. But I felt like she was controlling me and playing too many games.
Looking back we shouldn't have even tried to have a long distance relationship. For two years I didn't see her even though I thought of her most days. I saw her when out with my friends and I asked her what she wanted from me and she couldn't answer me. I was being horrible but I was fed up and needed to express myself. This was th elast time I saw her. I messaged her a year later apologising and telling her how much I admired her. She asked me to go on holiday with her. But I thought it was too far too soon. She didn't want to meet for a coffee or go for a walk.
Ten years later I still think about her most days. She probably was the love of my life, but things didn't seem right to me and she seemed more interested in putting pictures of us together on Facebook.
Oh well, it took me so long to forget about her and move on with my life doing what I wanted to do.
But yeah now the dust has settled and I'm older and wiser I can see that everything was so intense, all of the pent up sexual energy I just couldn't cope with it.