Will I regret this later down the line!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 2:58 pm

I am a bit to shy to go on online dating etc....

Do you think me being aged 31 perhaps 20 years down the line from now I might regret my decision not go dating online?

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:00 pm

It’s never too late to date. However be safe and careful, never meet anyone alone, always in a public place, never give out personal details or bank details. Never send nudes or intimate pics either. Meet them on webcam, don’t go by a profile pic . Never leave drinks unattended. Tell others what you’re doing! Trust your instincts! Have fun

Edit
Check Clare’s law. If they’re in the uk too if things get serious to make sure they are whom they say they are and don’t have a criminal record or history of abuse

All the best!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:06 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
It’s never too late to date. However be safe and careful, never meet anyone alone, always in a public place, never give out personal details or bank details. Never send nudes or intimate pics either. Meet them on webcam, don’t go by a profile pic . Never leave drinks unattended. Tell others what you’re doing! Trust your instincts! Have fun

Edit
Check Clare’s law. If they’re in the uk too if things get serious to make sure they are whom they say they are and don’t have a criminal record or history of abuse

All the best!

Yeah I probably should have started online in my early 20s.

I have missed out on many many years

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 4:21 pm

You're still young. Never say never! all the best!

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 6:06 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:

Edit

All the best!

PS. This happens to women more so but if you've been asked to send nudes or pose on webcam don't.

take care. Hope it all goes well for you

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2021, 9:04 am

Try it. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, at least you tried and you won't regret not trying.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 7:31 pm

That doesn't make any sense. A lot of nutters are on those sites. Maybe 20 years from now, you will regret that you ever went on them.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 6:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am a bit to shy to go on online dating etc....

Do you think me being aged 31 perhaps 20 years down the line from now I might regret my decision not go dating online?

Yes

Online dating is just a tool. You do not have to spend all day on it. All I do basically is respond to messages that women send me, and occasionally I will check out a new lady's profile. Once every two to three weeks, I might actually message a woman.

It is not a big deal, use the sites, they are a useful tool to branch out and meet people, especially for Aspies.

God in Heaven, online dating was made expressly for Aspies by Aspies. :star: