My View Of Relationships Is Too Juvenile.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

lucgn01
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2021, 5:55 pm

I keep dealing with feelings of loneliness, and I’d love to have a girlfriend to cuddle and hug when I feel that way. However, I don’t like the idea of having to fight or disagree with my significant other. I find that really upsetting, even though I know that it’s inevitable. I also don’t like not knowing if a relationship will last or not. A relationship that I have a lot of faith in could end abruptly and with a lot of sadness, and that worries me. To put it simply, I’m ashamed to admit that I want all of the pros of a relationship and none of the cons, which I know is impossible. Does anyone know how I can grow out of this mindset?

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 7:03 pm

lucgn01 wrote:
I keep dealing with feelings of loneliness, and I’d love to have a girlfriend to cuddle and hug when I feel that way. However, I don’t like the idea of having to fight or disagree with my significant other. I find that really upsetting, even though I know that it’s inevitable. I also don’t like not knowing if a relationship will last or not. A relationship that I have a lot of faith in could end abruptly and with a lot of sadness, and that worries me. To put it simply, I’m ashamed to admit that I want all of the pros of a relationship and none of the cons, which I know is impossible. Does anyone know how I can grow out of this mindset?

If this helps, if the arguments that you have is unconstructive and very unreasonable, then it's someone not worth being with. The beginning (or politely putting it, the honeymoon phase) is just so lovely, it all just seems so perfect but of course as you are both getting to know each other, there will always be something that you both would disagree with, at the same time, you both learn so much about each other and grow. As long as you both are able to resolve issues and come to agreement, then the relationships would be good.