Page 5 of 18 [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 6:24 pm

QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Dorkseid is not broke. He works full-time as a teacher for severely disabled children.

Then why is he describing himself this way?

Is he wishing he had a job that would pay even more? If so, did he try to look for one and/or seek promotion at the job he is at?

I read the thread differently; I don't think he described himself this way; I think he was challenging someone else's assumption.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Dorkseid is not broke. He works full-time as a teacher for severely disabled children.

Is he wishing he had a job that would pay even more? If so, did he try to look for one and/or seek promotion at the job he is at?

I read the thread differently; I don't think he described himself this way; I think he was challenging someone else's assumption.

The assumptions about him or about people in general? If about him, how would "being broke" be relevant if he isn't broke?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I think we were both speaking in hypotheticals....

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 6:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I want to say this to Dorkseid:

I am positive there are a lot of women out there who would consider that you have such a giving job to be a very attractive trait. It represents patience, and a nurturing side that many women need in a partner. The tricky part is how to get that information out there at the right time and in the right way.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 6:34 pm

QFT wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The assumptions about him or about people in general? If about him, how would "being broke" be relevant if he isn't broke?

A presumed assumption about who tries to date whom. I read the original post that included the statement to be very general.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 2:19 pm

Why would you say I'm "speaking in hypotheticals?"

Dorkseid actually works with severely intellectually challenged children.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:24 pm

I'm a TA, not a teacher. It pays terribly. I'm pretty much living off of my financial aid. Btw, I'm over $150K in student loan debt at this point. My options have always been no prospects of any kind of viable career, or going into so much debt to acquire one that any money I made would just go immediately into paying that debt.

@DW: I've been hearing all about how I make a great catch "in theory" pretty much my entire life. Despite that, no woman who wasn't looking for someone easy to manipulate has ever actually wanted to date me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would you say I'm "speaking in hypotheticals?"

Dorkseid actually works with severely intellectually challenged children.

Ok then one of us is speaking in hypotheticals. But If you are correct then I am not sure we should be projecting our own views on dating onto children with severe ID

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:27 pm

Where do you get that from?

I have no idea where you are coming from?

Do you want me to have an idea where you are coming from?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:28 pm

dorkseid wrote:
@DW: I've been hearing all about how I make a great catch "in theory" pretty much my entire life. Despite that, no woman who wasn't looking for someone easy to manipulate has ever actually wanted to date me.

Well now is a good a time as any to try a different strategy/tact to get your good qualities out into the single women population.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Where do you get that from?

I have no idea where you are coming from?

Do you want me to have an idea where you are coming from?

Sorry misunderstanding, let's leave it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:30 pm

All I'm trying to say....is that it's not hopeless for Dorkseid. It's really not.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
All I'm trying to say....is that it's not hopeless for Dorkseid. It's really not.

Completely agree.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:32 pm

dorkseid wrote:
I'm a TA, not a teacher. It pays terribly. I'm pretty much living off of my financial aid. Btw, I'm over $150K in student loan debt at this point. My options have always been no prospects of any kind of viable career, or going into so much debt to acquire one that any money I made would just go immediately into paying that debt.

I am not going to use the term "great catch." I am saying you have positive qualities that could make you the right partner for quite a few women. Focus on the positive qualities, not the negative ones. Different people have different needs in a partner.

I think for most of us the percentage of the population that needs our positive qualities while being able to deal with our negative ones is going to be pretty small. But the further you broadcast, the more you increase the odds of connecting to the right person.

All any of us need is one right person. The difficulty is finding them.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 8:27 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think for most of us the percentage of the population that needs our positive qualities while being able to deal with our negative ones is going to be pretty small.

Does it apply to NT-s or just to aspies?

I guess I am not sure how to take the word "us" since I don't remember if you are on the spectrum too, or just your son is.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2021, 11:24 pm

dorkseid wrote:

That is a serious challenge. You are doing what you can though. Financial debt is a reality for many people in America and the UK. I think people can help more by offering sympathy, not advice.