Is this a prejudice that most men have faced at some point?

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:49 am

Jamesy wrote:
So basically in some peoples minds a 30 year old man hanging out with 20 somethings can be considered pedophile like behaviour?

Not usually.

A 30 year old man approaching anyone who is, or appears to be, below legal age with apparent "dating" intent would be considered a likely paedophile.

A 50 year old approaching a 20 something with apparent "dating" intent might also be viewed the same way, though that isn't actually the meaning of the word. Also, remember context is everything. Lecherous but rich 50+ year olds are often tolerated far more than they should be.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:16 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Is being labelled a pedophile or someone who is sexually attracted to children a prejudice that most men have faced at some point in there lives?

I have been labelled that falsely because i am attracted to 21 year olds.

Correct me if I am mistaken but I thought you were only considered a pedophile if your attracted to girls under 16? :?

In Texas the legal age is 18 I believe. So he's fine.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:40 pm

^ He may be fine legally, but people tend to frown on instances of much older men going after teenagers/early 20s women.

Age isn't just a number, and there's a big difference between a 20 something and a forty something. To me, when men who are 30+ and only want to pursue women in their teens/early 20s, it's a sign no woman his own age will tolerate his crap, so he has to find a much younger woman to groom.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:10 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
^ He may be fine legally, but people tend to frown on instances of much older men going after teenagers/early 20s women.

Age isn't just a number, and there's a big difference between a 20 something and a forty something. To me, when men who are 30+ and only want to pursue women in their teens/early 20s, it's a sign no woman his own age will tolerate his crap, so he has to find a much younger woman to groom.

What do you mean by “no women his own age will tolerate his crap?”

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Just an observation: Some single older ladies pushing 40 tend to get insecure as their looks fade and the men their age are still naturally attracted to 20-somethings over them. That's what they mean by "his crap," that he's still attracted to 20-somethings over women entering middle age. Bitterness toward the aging process.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:21 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Just an observation: Some single older ladies pushing 40 tend to get insecure as their looks fade and the men their age are still naturally attracted to 20-somethings over them. That's what they mean by "his crap," that he's still attracted to 20-somethings over women entering middle age. Bitterness toward the aging process.

Recently I was hanging around some women in there early 20s and one of there male friends came up to me and said “leave now before I punch you in the face”. As I walked away he shouted “kiddy fiddler” to me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Recently I was hanging around some women in there early 20s and one of there male friends came up to me and said “leave now before I punch you in the face”. As I walked away he shouted “kiddy fiddler” to me.

Well, what were you doing exactly?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Do all these people frequent the same location? Maybe someone has spread a malicious rumor about you, and these mindless drones simply accept it. Even if you don't know them personally, if these people have a location in common, then it sounds like slander.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:30 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I took of my t shirt (because they told me to) and flashed my you know what/private parts in front of them (again because they told me to).

They recorded me on there phones to :oops:

In my defence I was slightly intoxicated at the time but seriously I am not making this up it’s the truth.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I took of my t shirt (because they told me to) and flashed my you know what/private parts in front of them (again because they told me to).

They recorded me on there phones to :oops:

In my defence I was slightly intoxicated at the time

Well, seems like they were having a go at you, for sure. Like they were acting like bullies getting you to embarrass yourself so the guy could threaten you for being indecent in front of them I guess. They called you a kiddie fiddler just to add more insult, probably not because they actually think you are one.

Idk maybe you could find a bar with a more 30+ crowd, people might be a little more mature.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 7:50 pm

As a man of a certain age, this whole conversation makes me glad I'm not in the UK.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 6:21 am

James should stop hanging out in bars, and getting drunk.

There’s nothing wrong with 30s men fancying 20s women…..and vice versa.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 6:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
James should stop hanging out in bars, and getting drunk.

There’s nothing wrong with 30s men fancying 20s women…..and vice versa.

In the last few weeks I have been going out I have been staying sober.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 10:56 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Actually, I mean insecure, abusive men who want to get with teenagers/early 20s women who don't have enough experience to know better than to date them.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:28 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

Depends. There are women who look after their bodies who are in their very early 20s and are packing a master's having a very promising life ahead of them and there are women in their 40s who smoke 20 a day never look after their health and have been living off the state their entire adult lives.

It's not really a difficult choice between the two for a 40 year old man. Often young and pretty women refuse to let their education and ambition slip. They seem to take more pride in every aspect of their lives be it looks, social standing, reputation and education.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:47 pm

Nades wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Depends. There are women who look after their bodies who are in their very early 20s and are packing a master's having a very promising life ahead of them and there are women in their 40s who smoke 20 a day never look after their health and have been living off the state their entire adult lives.

It's not really a difficult choice between the two for a 40 year old man. Often young and pretty women refuse to let their education and ambition slip. They seem to take more pride in every aspect of their lives be it looks, social standing, reputation and education.

And there are women in their 40s who look after their lives and bodies, and women in their 20s who don't.

The fact remains that a man constantly trying to get with much younger women is a huge red flag.