Is this a prejudice that most men have faced at some point?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 8:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many younger women happen to like older men. It’s a fact of life.

And, yes, some younger men like older women, too. I was one of those younger men.

I know what you mean! I used to find older men more interesting because they were rich in life experience. I felt safe because of this. Everybody including men like to be around people who seem to know what they're doing!! It's a warm, safe, good feeling! Here a joke: On a dairy farm, there are two bulls grazing up a hill. One old and one young. The young one says, "Hey, look at all those cows down in the valley, let's run down there and grab one!" The old one says, "Naaah, let's just stroll down and have them all." Maybe it's a stupid joke, maybe it's not politically correct but do you know what I mean??

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 8:31 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
I'm asexual, so I don't really have a "preference, " per se.

You're entitled to your opinion, etc., etc.

But as a self-proclaimed asexual, you're in no position to really comprehend how any sexual person perceives a potential partner. Far as I'm concerned, everything you've postulated is bunk. How the hell would you know what you're even talking about? An asexual trying to comprehend sexual attraction, LOL.

Being asexual doesn't mean XFG can't comprehend human sexuality, human behaviour, women's safety, pedophilia, or sociology and dating culture. A sexual person trying to mansplain an asexual person? LOL

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 10:55 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

But as a self-proclaimed asexual, you're in no position to really comprehend how any sexual person perceives a potential partner. Far as I'm concerned, everything you've postulated is bunk. How the hell would you know what you're even talking about? An asexual trying to comprehend sexual attraction, LOL.

Being asexual doesn't mean XFG can't comprehend human sexuality, human behaviour, women's safety, pedophilia, or sociology and dating culture. A sexual person trying to mansplain an asexual person? LOL

This.

Also, thank you.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 2:04 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

All you did was show your ignorance in asexuality. Asexuality doesn't mean you don't have sexual desires or experiences. It also doesn't mean she has never experienced sexual attraction before. The main thing of being asexual is that you don't care to engage in sexual intercourse but, even if you don't care to engage in it doesn't mean you can't experience sexual attraction to somebody. You can experience sexual stuff without actually having sex.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 4:13 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
All you did was show your ignorance in asexuality. Asexuality doesn't mean you don't have sexual desires or experiences. It also doesn't mean she has never experienced sexual attraction before. The main thing of being asexual is that you don't care to engage in sexual intercourse but, even if you don't care to engage in it doesn't mean you can't experience sexual attraction to somebody. You can experience sexual stuff without actually having sex.

Perhaps what I said was a bit harsh. But I wasn't trying to tell an asexual how they feel about themselves and their own feelings about sex and observation of society. I was trying to understand why an asexual would seemingly speak like an authority on the feelings of others.

You know, I try to observe NTs, and I do make comments about them. But I can never actually know what it's like to be NT, and I don't think they'll ever know what it's like to be Aspie. So, if I told you, "I'm not NT, they mystify me, but here is precisely what they're thinking, I'm 100% certain, even though I'm not one myself" feel free to call me out.

There seemed to be a lot of declarations about exactly how sexual women feel about men; declarations made by someone who seemingly isn't in a position to speak on the subject. Theory of Mind.