kraftiekortie wrote:
I bet it will happen soon :)

LD is adorable. :heart:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:54 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
It's probably the hormones, but kissing someone that you have mutual attraction with gives an intense buzz. Kissing someone you are not attracted to is like kissing a potato.

Again, this may be part of "chemistry" - I have no idea.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 6:11 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
It's probably the hormones, but kissing someone that you have mutual attraction with gives an intense buzz. Kissing someone you are not attracted to is like kissing a potato.

Again, this may be part of "chemistry" - I have no idea.

Kissing a potato? Is that a mashed potato? Potato in its jacket? Boiled potato? One that has not been cooked. Has it been pealed?

I have not actually kissed a potato either.

Wait.... Potatos have different breeds... (Makes me think of dogs with differe t breeds and taking them for walks... Not that I have ever taken a potato for a walk).
Uhmmm.

A buzz? Fly? Hehe! (I am in a silly mood now!)

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:01 pm

I like potatoes, but I don't love them

(For clarification, I was thinking of kissing a Russet potato when I said that)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
I like potatoes, but I don't love them

Some people start potato farms but I have never seen them take them in for milking twice a day.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 6:17 am

theprisoner wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
I've never kissed anyone. Hopefully some day I will.

So, what about you?

Find that hard believe..cause if that's you in your avatar then it looks like you got very kissable lips

Ha, no. My avatar is a famous actress from the show Stranger Things. I hate to disappoint any fans here, but I'm not Maya Hawke. My reason for picking this avatar was because I like the character she plays in Stranger Things (Robin).

theprisoner wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Broad Autism Phenomenon.
Means not on or off the spectrum. Halfway between autistic and allistic. An inbetween.

Ok. Never heard of it. Thanks for the clarification. Its unusual for a woman to refer herself as a "Broad" anything. The connotations of the word brings to mind...NY slang... Sweaty italian guys...Pizza shops... Hey what can i say, i watched too many episodes of Sopranos

Broad Autism Phenotype.

Essentially a term used to describe how relatives of autistic people often share more symptoms / traits (to a non-diagnosable degree) with the autistic person, then compared to the general population. I would not be surprised if there was a history of autism in my family, there haven't been any diagnosed cases...but I have my suspicions regarding particular ancestors of mine based on stories I've heard.

I usually think of broad as meaning wide or wide-reaching.

So, for instance, broad shoulders meaning wider than average. I have broad shoulders. However, I have heard it used in the slang sense before, but seldom since I don't usually watch content like that.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm

oh yeah, Maya Hawke...i never watched anything of hers, but she's very attractive from what i can see.
I knew a girl in highschool who looked similar, i liked to think she may have an interest in me, (ever feel the experience of being touched up? by "accident") but it was probably my imagination. yeah one of my cousins, he has subtle traits that keep poppin up pointing to aspergers, suggesting it, he's undiagnosed though, and functioning fairly well....on the surface.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 5:36 pm

theprisoner wrote:
oh yeah, Maya Hawke...i never watched anything of hers, but she's very attractive from what I can see.

I think that she is attractive, but she isn't my type. Personally I'd say if we're talking celebrities, then I'd say Natasha Negovanlis and Arden Cho are my main celebrity crushes.

theprisoner wrote:
I knew a girl in highschool who looked similar, i liked to think she may have an interest in me, (ever feel the experience of being touched up? by "accident") but it was probably my imagination.

Frankly the only way I'd know a woman liked me is if she outright told me. Otherwise I'm left wondering if she's straight and just being friendly, or if she is gay and has a girlfriend and she's just looking for more gay friends (or just doesn't like me that way - which is fine, I'm always down for making new friends). Fortunately, I think that when people do like me, they are usually quite upfront about it. Although, there have been moments where I haven't been sure and I've gained the impression someone was flirting, but then I've second guessed myself because it might just be me seeing what I want to see.

When men like me, I almost always know because they are upfront. They will outright tell me, which is unfortunate because I don't always know how they are going to react to the rejection and sometimes it can put me on the spot. There are some men out there who don't handle it very well and can get rather angry, so I have to try to read the room and reject them in the most facilitating way possible. I do wish they'd just take I'm gay and not interested as enough of a reason, but unfortunately there are men out there who will only accept the rejection if you claim to have a boyfriend (and even then, they may not). When I reject men and they are understanding about it, I respect their maturity and wish them well.

I know that whenever I interact with someone, people often jump to assuming that I am flirting and have romantic interest in whoever I am talking to. When I talk to a woman, people assume I am crushing (even when I'm not). I remember making a short film at university and we were working with an exchange student. The task was a group project and we were discussing story ideas for the film and a woman in our group suggested that we do a gay romance story, adding that I and the exchange student should be the actors, then gave me a knowing smirk. To this day, I think about that interaction and wonder what on Earth I did to make her think that I had a crush on the exchange student because I swear she was trying to tease me about it. Weirdly I'd never even directly come out to this woman, so I don't know if she found out about me being gay from someone else or if I just seemed nervous in front of the exchange student or what on Earth caused this. In reality, I was just friends with the exchange student because she seemed nice and I didn't have a crush on her.

(People who accurately pick up on my crushes are even spookier, what witchcraft is this? 8O :lol: ).

As for guys, people will see me walking down the street with a guy and assume we're dating. I've even had annoyed parents get irritated at me for not dating their son. One time I was out drinking and someone asked how long I'd been sleeping with a male friend of mine, we both looked at each other amused and I burst out laughing.

My appearance is relatively feminine, I know that straight men usually assume that I am straight but other lesbians and bisexual women usually assume that I am gay. I am fairly open about it, but coming out is a process that never really ends - it just becomes a smaller part of life then it is at first, at least that's how it is for me. Women have flirted with me before, but it's uncommon. There was even an attempt to set me up once, but our moral values were too different. Not too long ago, there was another attempt to set me up with someone else. My friends seem real determined on this front. I think it's difficult though because how can you really know if you like a person or if you like the idea of liking them? Liking them for the convenience of the situation? Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot with overthinking it all, I don't know.

theprisoner wrote:
yeah one of my cousins, he has subtle traits that keep poppin up pointing to aspergers, suggesting it, he's undiagnosed though, and functioning fairly well....on the surface.

I function well, for the most part, but there are parts that begin to unravel when people spend a decent amount of time with me, my sensory issues in particular and the fact I get overwhelmed easily often comes to light.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 12:47 pm

nah Maya Hawke wins hands down, for me... but i can't say i have a type, i like all kinda types, there's no rhyme or reason to it. How do you know when you really like somebody? like really really like somebody ? i cant answer that, we all operate differently. Though i dont get sensory overwhelmed too often, i'm sure makin out with a girl would get me sensually overwhelmed.

Anyway, sounds like you get a lot of attention Lost_dragon, you must be fairly attractive, broad shoulders n all,to keep gettin hit on. ( i bet a lot of us here, wish we had that problem. ya know cause being diagnosed with autism is a bitter pill to swallow sometimes)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 11:10 am

My first kiss was when I was 8 with my mom. I was practicing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 3:36 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:

:mrgreen:
Was it French? :scratch: :mrgreen:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 3:43 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:

da fuq.............................

was she hot? :lol: smh

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 6:13 pm

theprisoner wrote:
nah Maya Hawke wins hands down, for me... but i can't say i have a type, i like all kinda types, there's no rhyme or reason to it. How do you know when you really like somebody? like really really like somebody ? i cant answer that, we all operate differently. Though i dont get sensory overwhelmed too often, i'm sure makin out with a girl would get me sensually overwhelmed.

Anyway, sounds like you get a lot of attention Lost_dragon, you must be fairly attractive, broad shoulders n all,to keep gettin hit on. ( i bet a lot of us here, wish we had that problem. ya know cause being diagnosed with autism is a bitter pill to swallow sometimes)

Either that or the people around me have no standards. :lol:

Apparently I have a calming energy. Which is ironic because my internal monologue often involves panicking.

This quote from Be More Chill the musical sums it up well: "If I'm not feeling weird or super strange, my life would be in utter disarray, 'cause freaking out is my OK!"

"If I continue at this rate, the only thing I'll ever date is my MacBook pro hard drive" being another.

...I've listened to that musical soundtrack too many times. Hopefully if I ever have a girlfriend she'll like musicals, otherwise I'd like to apologise in advance to her. :lol:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 6:37 pm

I don't care for musicals. I like hard rock. but if I ever have a girlfriend she can like what she wants. As long as she likes kissing me , being touched,you know intimacy, it doesn't much matter. I think it's because you young. I wish i was 22 again. 22 is peak physical condition.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 7:14 pm

theprisoner wrote:
I don't care for musicals. I like hard rock. but if I ever have a girlfriend she can like what she wants. As long as she likes kissing me , being touched, you know intimacy, it doesn't much matter. I think it's because you're young. I wish I was 22 again. 22 is peak physical condition.

Oh, she can like whatever she wants of course, I'd never break up with someone over them not liking a musical. All I meant is that I'm apologising in advance because she might find me absent-mindedly quoting musicals or breaking into song when I'm cleaning if I ever have my own place and if I ever have a girlfriend and I invite her over, which would probably end up annoying her. Although, then again I'd probably clean the place beforehand.

Getting ahead of myself there though. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 5:58 am

When you’re cleaning, play what you dig best!