ND flirting vs. NT flirting....

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 8:07 am

The entire interaction i had yesterday was totally strange...

Theres a guy in my apartment building, who a couple months ago when he saw me have a meltdown downstairs (other people were concerned too) he said he had "similar problems" and I've noticed he speaks in monotone and stims, so I highly suspect ND, but of course I don't know his real DX, but he for sure interacts different than others.

Anyway long story short (because I'm confused) he first started winking at me heavily with one eye when she wasn't looking, and I started laughing and said "he's winking at me" I think the guy was flirting with me, or trying to because I didn't pick up on most of his innuendos afterwards and he literally had to say "I meant that a different way" but the lady started heavily flirting in a typical NT way and I recognized it, but they made it clear they were exs, but she still is flirty toward him...

But, why would I pick up on NT-style flirting better than the guys attempted innuendos? I think it was a tone of voice thing, but now I'm wondering am I so used to NT interactions I can "read" them better than possibly ND people???

But the whole situation left me confused as to whether he had interest, or was trying to make his ex jealous... I mean I'll have to monitor interactions later to better access the situation... But I'm confused.... Or if I shouldn't be involved...

???

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 9:00 am

It seems like he "meant it in a different way," like he said. That's how I perceive it.

People do funny things----sometimes without knowing they are doing the "funny thing."

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2022, 12:55 pm

I don't think we should generalize, or lump everyone whose NT or everyone whose ND in separate categories.

A lot of times, how people act is based on who they are individually as a person, or in context of how they get along with the other person.

Maybe it's not an Aspie or NT thing, maybe it's just that particular situation.