Anyone less willing to marry the older they get?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Yes, if they’re both too ugly.

That's BS. I've had numerous long-term friendships with very attractive women.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:38 am

I've been in a very happy relationship for 3 years. Will we ever get married? It doesn't matter to me at all. A person is more important than a piece of paper.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:40 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
I've been in a very happy relationship for 3 years. Will we ever get married? It doesn't matter to me at all. A person is more important than a piece of paper.

Come on… Nothing spells “romance” like signing a legally binding document. :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 12:33 pm

Continuation of my previous post: IF a relationship felt right and I ended up in one And getting married felt right, I suppose the biggest consideration the older I get would be financial.. especially if my net worth continues to rise. It'd be rather upsetting to get into a relationship I thought was right for the long haul and then lose half of everything I've ever saved. I suppose this could be mitigated via a pre-nup.

Also, this whole thing is just a fantasy mental exercise anyways and is probably moot. I've literally never been in a relationship because it's never been a mutual thing.. so the chances of it being a mutual thing AND The Relationship I could see being in for the rest of my life = slim to none, IMO.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 4:09 am

The main reasons I want to get married are I want to experience a wedding beyond being a flower girl and wear a beautiful off-the-shoulder or strapless wedding dress so I can feel like a princess and I want to see my mom see me walk down the aisle because she is the only one left who can

Otherwise, I am perfectly content fantasizing about marrying and falling in love with fictional characters!