If you could make the rules, what would they be?

Page 3 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Feb 2022, 8:39 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Let's re-word the question, which was really intended to be about your ideal world, not about personal power.

If you had a choice of alternate universes that you could easily step into, and if the main difference between them was differences in dating/courtship customs, what sort of world would you choose, assuming that one of the available alternate universes was ideal for you in this regard?
Now this question I can answer without having any concerns about the question :D

I would like a world with aLOT more gender equality where gender roles & expectations are a lot more mild or don't really exist. Also people would find things attractive that are outside of the typical gender roles. A woman could be very attractive if she pays very little attention to her appearance if she's a good person. It's what's on the inside that counts. It's OK for women to make the 1st move. It's perfectly fine if women earn a lot more money than their guy. It's OK for guys to be financially dependent like disabled & on disability. Guys can be appreciated & respected for being house-husbands. If a guy is not really obsessed with wanting sex & does not conform to a stereotypical guy, he would NOT be an assumed closeted homosexual & women would still find him attractive if he's nice towards them. Guys can be attractive for being very affectionate & emotionally supportive. This stuff is a major reason I used to feel I was born the wrong gender & I've considered having a gay relationship since gay guys were the only ones interested in me.

I want a world like the American Hi-Fi song, The Geeks Get The Girls
Last night he finally got it right
Even losers can get lucky sometimes
All the freaks go on a winning streak
Shout it all around the world 'cause the geeks get the girls

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 12 Feb 2022, 8:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 8:41 am

^^^that really deserves a LIKE button :wtg:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 8:47 am

I too would like to live in a Utopia.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 8:58 am

mee three.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 1:07 pm

nick007 wrote:
I would like a world with aLOT more gender equality where gender roles & expectations are a lot more mild or don't really exist. Also people would find things attractive that are outside of the typical gender roles. A woman could be very attractive if she pays very little attention to her appearance if she's a good person. It's what's on the inside that counts. It's OK for women to make the 1st move. It's perfectly fine if women earn a lot more money than their guy. It's OK for guys to be financially dependent like disabled & on disability. Guys can be appreciated & respected for being house-husbands. If a guy is not really obsessed with wanting sex & does not conform to a stereotypical guy, he would NOT be an assumed closeted homosexual & women would still find him attractive if he's nice towards them. Guys can be attractive for being very affectionate & emotionally supportive.

Ideally this is the kind of world I would like also.

Mitchell M.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2022, 10:58 am

I have a few ideas.

The dating game today is currently focused on luck, usually referring to people "getting lucky" or "waiting for the right one". In fact, those who are serious are often called "desperate" or "needy".

I would like a world where the opposite is the case, even though I personally am not interested in a romantical relationship. I think dating should be similar to a job interview the way it is structured, just seems the most logical.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 11:01 am

"The one who requests a date pays for it."

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 8:09 am

I know exactly how this works by now but it is so different from the mainstream Western culture that it will be impossible to create as a subculture. In fact, it's not anything like a culture, rather more like 'my tribe' were everybody have strong bonds.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 12:39 pm

Courtship: The way autistic courtship works is pretty simple. You just keep close to each other for at least half an hour, and during that time you should not talk or think about NT dating. Rather, you should concentrate on building a connection. This will create a crush that can last a long time.

Seeing each other: To be able to see each other regularly without plannning "dates", it's essential to discover how to peek each other for position. Once you have discovered how this works, it will work with everybody you have a strong connection too. Ideally, learning this should be part of upbringing since it is essential. Perhaps of help is to try water-well dowsing since these are similar.

Creating good feelings: NTs typically use various verbal means and presents for this, but the autistic way is much simpler. You can peek each other with happy feelings. This, too, is essential and should be learnt as part of upbringing.

Communicating: You can use your inner dialog (talking to yourself) to transmit thoughts. That's also why we use "we" instead of "I" when talking to ourself. I don't think this needs any training, rather is automatic.

Sex: A lot of autistics identify as asexual, but this is likely because sexual intercourse is not how sex is supposed to be done. Rather, you do this with mind-to-mind communication too, and it is actually a lot more enjoyable.

What a subculture could do is to provide a suitable environment for connecting, but beyond that, I doubt it has much uses. Autistic tribes are built up with strongly connected people which at the center has a couple and then possibly have hang-arounds too. The hang-around position could be useful to learn the basics. NT subcultures, OTOH, typically are composed of strangers or at least people without strong bonds. That's not a environment compatible with an autistic tribe.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 2:31 pm

I had an interesting idea about this the other day.

I think it would be helpful if we could develop a cultural custom of wearing a subtle piece of jewellery to signify that one is single and looking, similar to how people wear wedding rings to signify that they're married. That way, those of us who need to do the approaching can more easily discern who is available and who isn't, and people might be more likely to set those of us up who are seen wearing that piece of jewellery for a long time.

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2023, 2:45 pm

Mitchell M. wrote:
I have a few ideas.

The dating game today is currently focused on luck, usually referring to people "getting lucky" or "waiting for the right one". In fact, those who are serious are often called "desperate" or "needy".

I would like a world where the opposite is the case, even though I personally am not interested in a romantical relationship. I think dating should be similar to a job interview the way it is structured, just seems the most logical.

I never dated, but as far as I know since there are no rules, you are allowed to conduct it as job interview.
There are cultures where this is the case.
I don't think people want relationship with boss figure though.

For my perspective some facts up front would make sense.
For starters it would be easier if people actually made it clear if they are available or not.
Secondly it should be made clear what the goal of relationship is.
Sex, romance, both, family, companionship, platonic relationship etc.
Obviously people are organic and as they learn about each other they can change their preferences.
But for most part I have no clue what people want or how things happen.
For most part it feels pretty random.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2023, 6:30 pm

I would make it mandatory for everyone to have three spouses. All children would potentially have six parents. No one would be typically childless and no one would be typically parentless.

Hmm, the path is a little more complicated than I thought especially if you add in step parents.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:45 pm

I would force EVERYONE to find true love, date and get married because I believe we all need love in our lives!

Also everyone has to leave home at 18 and become independant to avoid situations like mine where I got stuck being my mom's caregiver since I didn't move out when I had the chance

Last edited by Mikurotoro92 on 08 Feb 2023, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 8:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
"The one who requests a date pays for it."

So people who don't have money can't date? :scratch:

I prefer no-expense dates.

That would be my rule.

It weeds out all the pretence.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 8:15 pm

If you could make the rules, what would they be?

I make the rules as need be. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 10:09 pm

Take turns driving.

Just because you have a penis doesn’t mean that I want you to drive me everywhere.