Man sues woman for friendzoning him

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 10:27 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I don’t think it’s a young man issue. It can happen to people of either gender.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
[
I think the answer might have something to do with teaching people how to deal with emotions.
Young men who are embarrassed / rejected / hurt like that need to know how to be upset constructively.
They need to know it will pass and that it's not a reflection on them.
Even more so, they need support so they don't start generalising against all young women. .

The problem is most young men don't feel comfortable talking about this with anyone and (at least for me) there is often nobody available to help. My parents would have told me to focus on my study/work and worry about a wife later (in their minds wives fell out of the sky for wonderful young men like their son :roll: ).

In contrast women have amazing support structures/networks etc...

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 10:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
In contrast women have amazing support structures/networks etc...

Ha! I did not have one. As a matter of fact, I had no one to talk to about it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 10:36 pm

Right again. It's part of the toxic-male conditioning that many boys and men experience.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't identify the problem or try to encourage more emotional literacy.

(I agree TP: I didn't have one either, but I'm generalising ...)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 10:43 pm

Actually, I should point out the hive mentality among some groups of girls and women.
The "Dump his sorry arse" or "Men are pigs" attitude does a real disservice to many good men.
I've had to caution my daughter against that type of crap.
Thankfully she didn't buy into it in the first place.

Feminism / women's rights / equality / safety should always be separated from misandry.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 11:10 pm

There’s similar stuff with men, like so-called “locker room talk.”

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 11:18 pm

100% ^

I'm not trying to say women are worse.
It's all really gross and damaging.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
SINGAPORE - A man who wanted a romantic relationship with a woman initially threatened to sue her for emotional trauma after he found out that she saw him only as a friend.

The legal action was kept at bay after she agreed to take part in his counselling, but almost 1½ years later, Mr K. Kawshigan still could not accept that Ms Nora Tan did not want to be in a relationship with him.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... jected-him

After she cut off contact with him, he filed two lawsuits against her – a $3 million High Court claim for allegedly causing “damage to his stellar reputation” and “trauma, depression and impacts” to his life, as well as a $22,000 magistrate’s court claim for allegedly breaching an agreement to improve their relationship.
Ms Tan and Mr Kawshigan met in 2016 and became friends over time.

In September 2020, problems began to arise when they became misaligned in how they saw their relationship. While Ms Tan regarded Mr Kawshigan only as a friend, he considered her to be his “closest friend”.

Ms Tan asked for their interactions to be reduced, which displeased Mr Kawshigan, as he felt it constituted taking a step back in their relationship. Nevertheless, she emphasised the need for boundaries and urged him to be “self-reliant”.

On Oct 22 that year, Mr Kawshigan issued her a letter of demand, threatening legal action for “monetary damages arising from negligent infliction of emotional distress and possible defamation”.

I am not a lawyer but I think its a really frivolous lawsuit in my opinion.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 1:21 am

This is very stupid, you can’t make someone date you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2023, 1:41 am

I've been friendzoned a lot but I'm very direct & straightforward & do NOT pick up on hints. If I could win a lawsuit because I hated being friendzoned, I could also lose a lawsuit because I failed to notice the women's cues that they only wanted friendship & I didn't respect their bounderies. People need to take responsibility for their own feelings.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 1:57 am

nick007 wrote:
I've been friendzoned a lot but I'm very direct & straightforward & do NOT pick up on hints. If I could win a lawsuit because I hated being friendzoned, I could also lose a lawsuit because I failed to notice the women's cues that they only wanted friendship & I didn't respect their bounderies. People need to take responsibility for their own feelings.

I think the plaintiff is accusing the girl of leading him on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 5:44 am

It’s a grinding hurt to be friendzoned…..but there are other things in life other than romantic relationships.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:34 am

Wow this story just blew up!!
In what could be a landmark court case, the CEO of a Singaporean drone-racing company, K Kawshigan, is suing former friend Nora Tan Shu Mei for AUD$3.024m in Singapore’s High Court for not becoming his girlfriend.

If successful it could set a precedent for the rest of the planet.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relat ... c48d8079ba

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Feb 2023, 7:50 am

New Rule :arrow: ALL potential romantic & friendship relationships should start in the very beginning by everyone involved hiring lawers & signing binding legal contracts to prevent these types of situations from accuring :wink:
Seriously, guys like this are the reason why I'm a male feminist. These guys also ruin women for guys like me by making women afraid to give random guys a chance or causing women to have issues that cause problems in their future relationships.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 8:10 am

I should move to Singapore and seek for a rich lady to friendzone me.

I am now a….

FREINDZONE-DIGGER :batman:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 7:21 pm

nick007 wrote:
These guys also ruin women for guys like me by making women afraid to give random guys a chance or causing women to have issues that cause problems in their future relationships.

I don't know? I think you need to seperate men who are looking to have multiple sexual partners Vs men like this Singaporean dude who are marriage orientated.

My experience of how single women behaved in the 1990s looks to me that things have gotten worse due to the rise of dating apps.

It never ceases to amaze me how young single women "gameify" dating. Turn relationships into friendships of convenience while being fully aware the man wants to have a meaningful relationship with them.

I can tell you as a single man who is focused on marriage the worst experience is seeing a girl you are interested in whom you invested a big chunk of your life with who chooses to friendzone you and sleeping with other random men.

Yes I prefer honesty upfront. a) I like you as a friend but nothing else (take it or leave it) OR b) I like you and want to go steady or c) get lost

I mean it's not rocket science