How can I form a real romantic relationship?

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 12:52 pm

I honestly wished I could not only make friendships work and relationships start; but for me such tends to collapse way too quickly..

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 1:20 pm

longshot wrote:
I honestly wished I could not only make friendships work and relationships start; but for me such tends to collapse way too quickly..

I've noticed Mona Pereth give excellent tips and advice on such matters.

Her posts in this section of the forum are worth reading:

viewforum.php?f=7

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 2:34 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
longshot wrote:

I've noticed Mona Pereth give excellent tips and advice on such matters.

Her posts in this section of the forum are worth reading:

viewforum.php?f=7

Many thanks..

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 10:33 pm

Werewolf1061C wrote:
I am not a shy person and I easily make friends and flirt with other people. I am not a virgin by any stretch of the imagination, and I am capable of forming deep friendships which last for years or even decades. However, I have never had a serious romantic relationship. I tend to either fall in love with people who are unavailable or push away people who fall in love with me. I do not know why this is, but I suspect that it may have something to do with my deeply ingrained masking behavior. I got a score of 130 on the CAT-Q, which explains why people usually label me as generally "weird" instead of specifically "autistic". Does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, can you shed some light on why it is so difficult to experience genuine intimacy? And is there a way to stop being afraid of this?

never had a serious romantic relationship, but not a virgin, are you implying you have just had casual sex only?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 10:59 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Werewolf1061C wrote:
I am not a shy person and I easily make friends and flirt with other people. I am not a virgin by any stretch of the imagination, and I am capable of forming deep friendships which last for years or even decades. However, I have never had a serious romantic relationship. I tend to either fall in love with people who are unavailable or push away people who fall in love with me. I do not know why this is, but I suspect that it may have something to do with my deeply ingrained masking behavior. I got a score of 130 on the CAT-Q, which explains why people usually label me as generally "weird" instead of specifically "autistic". Does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, can you shed some light on why it is so difficult to experience genuine intimacy? And is there a way to stop being afraid of this?

never had a serious romantic relationship, but not a virgin, are you implying you have just had casual sex only?

Is that a problem? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う