What Am I Even Supposed To Do To?

Page 23 of 26 [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 7:29 am

Cornflake wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
i know i wouldn't mind coming back being born a woman in the next life so that way, all i have to do is just simply breathe and exist and i'm guaranteed options, attention from males, due to for all time, women have always had the luxury of being on the receiving end of sexual attention.

Hmm. I doubt being catcalled, being on the receiving end of lewd suggestions shouted out in public, being groped or have men rub against you on crowded trains, receive unwanted dick pics or obscene messages from randos, etc is the kind of "luxury" sexual attention you're thinking of.

still, even if women have to deal with that negative stuff, they are still far less at risk than men are at reaching a certain age and never having been in a relationship before, for example, later 20s, 30s, and older.

But ya, i'm glad i'm not alone in feeling like another user says, he says, just like i do, we feel like a forever permanent incel due to not having our first long term relationship until later than normal, he was 29, i was 33, although i had a short-term relationship, few months at 29, my first long term, over a year, was at 33, i know i will forever be upset and angry, resentful, that i was single for that long.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Mar 2023, 8:33 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
still, even if women have to deal with that negative stuff, they some are still far less at risk than some men are at reaching a certain age and never having been in a relationship before, for example, later 20s, 30s, and older.
Fixed that for you. :wink:

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 9:58 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
As he has explained numerous times, while he does understand that obtaining "a driving licence and semi-decent job" would indeed make it much less difficult for him to find a girlfriend, his loneliness robs him of the emotional energy to do those things.

In all honesty, I'm not convinced that a job and a car would make it significantly less difficult. At least, not while I'm dealing with the confidence and self-esteem issues that I am.

Having a car and job hasn’t helped me and I’m the same age as TGI, so I’m not sure I agree with Mona here.

#palestinianlivesmatter

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 11:08 am

Zakatar wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
As he has explained numerous times, while he does understand that obtaining "a driving licence and semi-decent job" would indeed make it much less difficult for him to find a girlfriend, his loneliness robs him of the emotional energy to do those things.

In all honesty, I'm not convinced that a job and a car would make it significantly less difficult. At least, not while I'm dealing with the confidence and self-esteem issues that I am.

Having a car and job hasn’t helped me and I’m the same age as TGI, so I’m not sure I agree with Mona here.

Having a car and a job helped your prospects as it did the OP's. I suspect 100% of the women here would prefer a partner with a car and a job than one without both.

Last edited by Cornflake on 29 Mar 2023, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a personal attack

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 12:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
ya, people are entitled to their mindset, but i know i wouldn't mind coming back being born a woman in the next life so that way, all i have to do is just simply breathe and exist and i'm guaranteed options, attention from males, due to for all time, women have always had the luxury of being on the receiving end of sexual attention.

It's often sexual attention they don't want though. It's not like women have perfect dating lives.

Just because our dating issues are extremely sad doesn't mean that you should go around asserting that women don't have their own hardships.

If you like the idea of receiving attention from males, you could always become gay. It'd probably work out just as well for you as becoming a woman would.

I don't think one can change sexual orientation at will.

I know. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment highlighting that if he really wanted to be pursued by a lot of men, that's probably possible without being a different gender.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 12:58 pm

rse92 wrote:
Zakatar wrote:

Having a car and a job helped your prospects as it did the OP's. I suspect 100% of the women here would prefer a partner with a car and a job than one without both.

We can all agree that having a car and job improves a heterosexual man's dating prospects relative to not having a car and job, but does that improvement make the difference between being able to get a girlfriend/dates and not being able to get a girlfriend/dates?

For someone who keeps getting rejected specifically because of their lack of job and car, it's quite conceivable that it would, but for someone whose main issue is that their social anxiety inhibits them from establishing connections with women in the first place, for instance, do we really think a job and car would make all the difference?

@rse92: Why don't you get specific about how Zakatar has failed, and what specifically he should do differently? Since you apparently know so much about his failures.

Last edited by Cornflake on 29 Mar 2023, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a quoted personal attack

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 3:03 pm

Why is it that you think no woman would be interested in you?

And if the answer to that is social anxiety, well we have all had it. I had it bad with girls until I was 21 when my future wife asked me out. You have to find it within yourself to cope with it.

You are like 26. If you get your sh-t together, eventually, women will want to get to know you.

Last edited by Cornflake on 29 Mar 2023, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a personal attack

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 3:45 pm

I was going to ask TGI if he had social anxiety as well. Trying to overcome that would most likely make a big difference in success with women. If you are having trouble talking to others, a woman who is interested in you might take that as you are not interested in her, even if you are. I think that was one of the reasons it took me until later in life to have a girlfriend. I can see now in hindsight that there were girls trying to make conversation with me (probably indicating a level of interest) but I couldn't say much to them, probably driving them off.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 6:12 pm

rse92 wrote:

And if the answer to that is social anxiety, well we have all had it. I had it bad with girls until I was 21 when my future wife asked me out. You have to find it within yourself to cope with it.

You are like 26. If you get your sh-t together, eventually, women will want to get to know you.

interesting since 99 percent of women will never ask a guy out

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 6:49 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:

Really? I've had more than one relationship start because a woman asked me out.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 7:19 pm

The first real girlfriend I had when I was 29 asked me out. I was getting ready to ask her our the same day, but she beat me to it!

Still, it is usually expected that the guy will do the pursuing and asking.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 9:05 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
The first real girlfriend I had when I was 29 asked me out. I was getting ready to ask her our the same day, but she beat me to it!

Still, it is usually expected that the guy will do the pursuing and asking.

yes i easily see that being forever being one-sided, but glad i'm not alone in still feeling like a forever permanent incel due to being a late bloomer

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 1:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

I had at least three womyn wanting to go out with me after my first girlfriend, but because of the gang-stalking, I decided there was no point and avoided "romance" for 40 years.
(Hello, Rexi. <wave> :mrgreen: )

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

29 Mar 2023, 6:19 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

I had at least three womyn wanting to go out with me after my first girlfriend, but because of the gang-stalking, I decided there was no point and avoided "romance" for 40 years.
(Hello, Rexi. <wave> :mrgreen: )

Except for me, fluffy pants. Now you stalk me. :mrgreen:

My list of romantic partners is too long, they were all a waste of time, health apart from my skunk. My skunk asked me out himself after I told him I'm hot for him. We had a mutual friend suggest we will get along and it truly worked, maybe beyond what he was thinking. At the time, I didn't think about a relationship as I thought it would complicate our beautiful friendship, but I accepted. I feel like that friend has watched over us, but it would of been unavoidable because I naturally liked pepe and would talk to him. We were first in a polygamous relationship, before that, 2 years ago +.

We met on wp, but I suppose you would want to meet someone in rl. When i was a teen things were flowing so easily for me, a guy hit on me in the park when he was with his friends and I just kissed him in front of my mom after he gave me his phone number. That's not something you would do if you were in your right mind and knew what kind of woman mom was. That was my first relationship in real life, we called, dated in the same park, he had to leave the city and we were just messaging, up to the point my parents took away my phone. I was underage, they also didnt let me go to the club or outside after 8 and would follow me around town with him sometimes. 8O Little did they know a couple men had me much earlier. At least I dodged another bullet, but I really liked going out with him, id get all these feelings when I was waiting for him in the park. Often he would take a long time and i couldnt find him just by the message description.

One time he was with a friend, on our date, unusual. Was the first time he put his hand in a very odd way on my butt, and i switched stance but he didnt get it. I was thinking, what gives? You had a bet you have a gf who lets you touch her with your mates, bastard? I dont even feel anything cause your ugly friend is here and you're being a faker.

Later on we were hugging as walking and touching our skin at our sides, after so much desire from watching movies since childhood, and plots were like the heroes would rarely even kiss, and my parents would switch at that scene, finally I felt something, and i had my neighbors' dog on the leash. The bastard didnt want it anymore, because it was pulling us everywhere, and back then, i had no clue how to train dogs to leash-walk although i was awesome at tricks. Sometimes he would take over and hold the leash. I agreed with the bastard, and the dog was pulling my arm out of my joint anyway, not that i minded it that much, but low long dogs with smaller legs e.g. dachshunds have a bigger pull power and i couldnt really focus on the dog although i was stopping and petting him at times. Plus the dog started pooping blood and we got scared.

I liked that relationship for that age. Unfortunately I suffered for years because I kept looking at guys on the street and think it's him and want him to see me and so we can date again, but none of them were him.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:52 am

rse92 wrote:
Zakatar wrote:

We can all agree that having a car and job improves a heterosexual man's dating prospects relative to not having a car and job, but does that improvement make the difference between being able to get a girlfriend/dates and not being able to get a girlfriend/dates?

For someone who keeps getting rejected specifically because of their lack of job and car, it's quite conceivable that it would, but for someone whose main issue is that their social anxiety inhibits them from establishing connections with women in the first place, for instance, do we really think a job and car would make all the difference?

@rse92: Why don't you get specific about how Zakatar has failed, and what specifically he should do differently? Since you apparently know so much about his failures.

I can empathize with that, TGI. I was 20 when I got my license, and despite being nearly 27 I have yet to move out of my parents’ house. That’s one thing you have that I don’t. I think that plus high social anxiety is what has held me back most. I did have a short-lived relationship about a year ago, but that ended amicably after we both decided we weren’t compatible (aka she discovered she was more interested in women than men).

#palestinianlivesmatter

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 9:13 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
rse92 wrote:

You don't know what you are talking about. Posting sh-t like that does not help anyone.